What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COVID-19

The unknown

Juniors
Nobody has mentioned the effects this will have on our club. How will we track along?

Like most teams that rely on leagues clubs funding we are no doubt in the same boat, although someone mentioned we are yet to stand down staff which might indicate we are in an okay position

Some of Harry’s money might come in handy in times like these eh?

WA Tiger

Bench
https://dynamofitness.com.au/reeplex-rwb190r-squat-rack-weight-bench-with-lat-pulldown. This is the baby ..checkout the video. ..out of stock in Perth only other store is Melbourne ..don’t even need to try it ...just get it delivered ....putting it together from the box takes a bit of focus pay a mate to do it it takes prob a day to assemble ..need the main barbell that should come with it and need 1) extra weights Ive got 5 x 10 kg weights 4x5kg 8x 2.5kg and 4 x 1.25 kg. (2) also need dumbbells https://dynamofitness.com.au/dumbbells on this link it’s the Olympic dumb bells 20” and get the black plastic clips not the rubbish squeeze metal ones and (3) a smaller barbell https://dynamofitness.com.au/barbells The Reeplex Olympic EZ curl .. the same weights fit onto all three ..I can’t lift weights at the mo coz just had cataract op but normally I use it at some crazy hours and it’s right there and unlike most of these home gyms it has pretty much everything that’s at the gym ..it’s the real deal

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Like most teams that rely on leagues clubs funding we are no doubt in the same boat, although someone mentioned we are yet to stand down staff which might indicate we are in an okay position

Some of Harry’s money might come in handy in times like these eh?
Would Harry give enough of a f**k to save us?

The unknown

Juniors
Isn’t there some sort of rule in place where he isn’t allowed to help the club because he used to be a sponsor? not sure if true or fictional. Anyways in this instance there should be a bit of leniency if we were about to go under

That’s if he truly gives a f**k

simmo05

Bench
Isn’t there some sort of rule in place where he isn’t allowed to help the club because he used to be a sponsor? not sure if true or fictional. Anyways in this instance there should be a bit of leniency if we were about to go under

I don't think the NRL would give a f**k now

I expect Allied express will go through a boom time and they are Tigers all the way.

Brydons will come back post recovery with all of the suing etc in front of us.

I took the kids out for some soccer training today and made them walk around the oval. You’d thought I’d sent them off to war!

Linseed consumption is humming along nicely. I think all forum folk should get into it per doctors or nutritionists advice. Don’t let the killjoys spoil the dream.

Brother in law is in hospital but without the virus. He’s going ok but pissed off. I’m going to self isolate from him!!

NSW, we get our free tests this week. No symptoms, but I could have it. If so, after a solid beating, I will get evicted from the boys here in the hood.

Last edited:
Thanks to our sponsors, I can only see the land of milk and honey for us long term.

With at least three clubs ready to collapse and more on the chopping block, I suspect that we will come back stronger and more powerful than ever.

No teddy, sorry about the roosters and the decline in chicken and car sales, be on your way to saints, not wanted here.

Day off the linseed today as a moderating measure. It’s been tough going cold turkey.

I hear the state of WA is in real trouble. Our biggest state, lowly populated, there is no excuse. I mean it’s hard not to social distance there I guess. Hard to be breathed near to at all.

What is going on yonder?!

You should be hating and avoiding people as we do here in NSW as a part of normal living. Anywhere closer than 4 metres is an invasion of our personal space and frowned upon in polite society.

El virus just makes us buy more weapons for personal and home defence. NSW the state of chaos.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Thanks to our sponsors, I can only see the land of milk and honey for us long term.

With at least three clubs ready to collapse and more on the chopping block, I suspect that we will come back stronger and more powerful than ever.

No teddy, sorry about the roosters and the decline in chicken and car sales, be on your way to saints, not wanted here.

Day off the linseed today as a moderating measure. It’s been tough going cold turkey.

I hear the state of WA is in real trouble. Our biggest state, lowly populated, there is no excuse. I mean it’s hard not to social distance there I guess. Hard to be breathed near to at all.

What is going on yonder?!

You should be hating and avoiding people as we do here in NSW as a part of normal living. Anywhere closer than 4 metres is an invasion of our personal space and frowned upon in polite society.

El virus just makes us buy more weapons for personal and home defence. NSW the state of chaos.
We’re good apparently...It’s more for us about tightening up border control and that includes between areas within WA ...that’s intentional so we can be less strict with business lockouts to help our economy...virtually all of our cases are from travellers coming in ..

We’re good apparently...It’s more for us about tightening up border control and that includes between areas within WA ...that’s intentional so we can be less strict with business lockouts to help our economy...virtually all of our cases are from travellers coming in ..

Like us foreigners travelling in from the east!

Us savages and barbarians in NSW, the only state not to bother to close our borders.

Truth is we are gearing up for an invasion. First plan is to cut through Victoria and embark on the voyage to Tasmania. Scouts were sent during the Sydney to Hobart. Once there we will excavate a decent harbour modelled on our own.

The hordes are coming you interstaters. A wild and angry mob ready to seize your health infrastructure to give aid to our own.

Resistance is useless.

Last edited:
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/03/31/wests-tigers-update-on-staff/

As a result of the suspension of the 2020 Telstra Premiership season, Wests Tigers have today made the difficult decision to stand down the majority of its football and administrative staff.....

I wonder if we checked the new jobs scheme?

Many admin can work from home, footy staff can do all kinds of things in distancing. Maybe not what they used to do, but don’t tell me this country doesn’t need a good sprucing up and repairing etc. work for the dole even.

Set up our tigers home delivery service. It’s not like there’s no demand.

Almost anyone can retrain, almost everyone can do something, low wage or not.

Australian management is pretty poor.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member

He can help the club all he likes , but as a previous primary club sponsor he was forbidden by the NRL to then move his money over to 3rd party player deals.

Tiger05

First Grade
He can help the club all he likes , but as a previous primary club sponsor he was forbidden by the NRL to then move his money over to 3rd party player deals.

That leaves a lot of scope for him to invest and that isn't including dodgy deals that other clubs do. Anyway it doesn't matter now.

The point being if he doesn't want to give the club money no problems. That is his decision. We shouldn't though be blaming the NRL for Harry not giving the club money.

To be fair to the guy he has given the club money in the past.

Latest posts