What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richo for NRL CEO!!!

10$ Ferret

Staff member
The guy is a dick, he may had some some good ideas but plenty of crap ones too.
Souths used to provide great opportunities but he shut that down and now their junior reps are full of imports.
He is a hero for retiring simply because the sooner he is gone the better for souths. But honestly if he was a decent bloke he would have hung around and worked without pay until it was all done and dusted.

Instead he is doing a runner so he doesn't have to clean up and do the hard work

Vee

First Grade
He is a hero for retiring simply because the sooner he is gone the better for souths. But honestly if he was a decent bloke he would have hung around and worked without pay until it was all done and dusted.
And looking for his next "feedbag".

Tommy Smith

Referee
Furthermore, former Rabbitohs boss Richardson will reportedly walk away from the club with a payout around $320,000, or six months of his salary.

The eye-watering figure has put a number of staff and players at the club off-side given ongoing financial uncertainty in the face of the coronavirus crisis, according to the publication.

While Richardson’s coffers are filled for six months, the majority of the Rabbitohs football and coaching staff are only assured of a pay cheque until next week. The players only have one month’s wage guaranteed.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/d8f828e1b267dec7b47617aa14b37f60

A 320k payout when most staff are being stood down without pay. Yeah he's a real selfless guy is Richo.

Vee

First Grade
Furthermore, former Rabbitohs boss Richardson will reportedly walk away from the club with a payout around $320,000, or six months of his salary.

The eye-watering figure has put a number of staff and players at the club off-side given ongoing financial uncertainty in the face of the coronavirus crisis, according to the publication.

While Richardson’s coffers are filled for six months, the majority of the Rabbitohs football and coaching staff are only assured of a pay cheque until next week. The players only have one month’s wage guaranteed.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/d8f828e1b267dec7b47617aa14b37f60

A 320k payout when most staff are being stood down without pay. Yeah he's a real selfless guy is Richo.
Hold the feedbag.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

He's over qualified for the job if anything.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Can anyone explain to me why this situation has gone from the survival of the NRL, to the revival of the NRL in just 5 short days?

Is this one big bit of spin to keep our sport in the editorial headlines, and have ppl continually watching that agonisingly slow and drab footy show on Fox in the mornings to appease their sponsors?

That reminds me,does anyone think it is pointless keeping the Kayo subscription going at $25 p/m just for the endless replays? nah/yea...

I’m not sure why people have kayo in the first place

simmo05

Bench

Less than what inglis got!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I just ho
For me, it is $25 for all the Foxsports channels (with the exception of Eurosport) without having the burden of purchasing Foxtel outright.

My only hope all of this is that the watchnrl app which is the best thing to ever happen for fans residing outside Australia and NZ is still operating. The sleeves at news seem to have their eye on the NRL digital ops and I don't trust PVL.

Does anyone have richos blueprint from all those years ago?

lucablight

First Grade
I feel like Richo is being rather disingenuous by portraying the image that he is making this huge sacrifice. He can just go back to making Ultratune ads and continue raking in the big money.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
I feel like Richo is being rather disingenuous by portraying the image that he is making this huge sacrifice. He can just go back to making Ultratune ads and continue raking in the big money.

yes but he’s left a job he loves.
All he did was send a message to club members.i see nothing wrong with that

Dogs Of War

Coach
Can anyone explain to me why this situation has gone from the survival of the NRL, to the revival of the NRL in just 5 short days?

Is this one big bit of spin to keep our sport in the editorial headlines, and have ppl continually watching that agonisingly slow and drab footy show on Fox in the mornings to appease their sponsors?

That reminds me,does anyone think it is pointless keeping the Kayo subscription going at $25 p/m just for the endless replays? nah/yea...

I'm going ahead with it for a while longer. THough I've watched all the replays of games Im interested in. So they need to add a lot more content of old games if I'm to remain a subscriber. And a sort by team thing.