What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your "League Lockdown" Re-watch

Generalzod

Immortal
Both Roosters vs Cronulla games from 1987, both were cliff hangers and Steve Morris scoring the match winner in both games. The game at Henson Wayne Challis was sent off , Sparkles McGaw scored a spectacular try for the Sharks. The game at Shark Park was remembered for a great long range side stepping try from Joe Lydon.
Was that the game at Henson park I was there, we where at a party at Park Rd Marrickville after the match my father come looking for me to tell me that the car was stolen. Lol

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Was that the game at Henson park I was there, we where at a party at Park Rd Marrickville after the match my father come looking for me to tell me that the car was stolen. Lol

Yep that was the Henson Park match. I remember you mentioned about the car being stolen when we talked about the game in some other thread some time ago.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I’m watching hull v leeds challenge cup semi 2017 now. Only one ref but they do a great job same with the other games I’ve watched from the super league.

I don’t mind how the play the ball is done there either. Limits those messy calls around the ruck.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Why does it have to be one, I can think of hundreds in all 3 categories:

Anyway:

Eels: 2009 Preliminary Final against the Bulldogs
Neutral: 1997 ARL Grand Final
Rep game: Tough game but the 2013 World Cup Semi Final, NZ Vs England.

Even though the Dogs lost that game. It was a cracker. That 10mins before half time is what won it for the Eels. Dogs threw everything at them, and if they had of cracked, I think it would have been all over.

Awesome atmosphere at the game. Fans were divided on different sides of the stadium which just added to it.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Forgotten gem from a season that gets remembered for alot of other reasons

2005 round 2 cowboys v bulldogs at DFS, just had so many different highlights.
-"Cyclone Sonny-Bill" hitting the game and then leaving, it was literally terrantial downpour for about 15 minutes during the game and then disappeared
- The SBW wankfest, channel neins 9th symphony of wankfests that has yet to be topped (not by gus about benji which migrated to sam burgess, not andrew johns, not anyone). This is the worst of the worst (or the best of the best). To try and sum it up the best matt johns "well it isn't a surprise that the dogs score as soon as sonny-bill comes on the field" when the play was in the attacking zone and SBW had literally just came on from an interchange at halfway and was still 20m behind the play when it happened.
- Carl Webb runnning 40m for a try
- Rod Jenson doing a prett good scott sattler impersonation but instead of just chasing down and tackling he smashes matt utai in half over the sideline
- The worst domination of a starting prop i have ever seen so far (and ive seen kris kahler play live ). Ben Czislowski got hammered every hitup he had. Aaron Payne even put a shot on him.

Big Pete

Referee
Forgotten gem from a season that gets remembered for alot of other reasons

2005 round 2 cowboys v bulldogs at DFS, just had so many different highlights.
-"Cyclone Sonny-Bill" hitting the game and then leaving, it was literally terrantial downpour for about 15 minutes during the game and then disappeared
- The SBW wankfest, channel neins 9th symphony of wankfests that has yet to be topped (not by gus about benji which migrated to sam burgess, not andrew johns, not anyone). This is the worst of the worst (or the best of the best). To try and sum it up the best matt johns "well it isn't a surprise that the dogs score as soon as sonny-bill comes on the field" when the play was in the attacking zone and SBW had literally just came on from an interchange at halfway and was still 20m behind the play when it happened.
- Carl Webb runnning 40m for a try
- Rod Jenson doing a prett good scott sattler impersonation but instead of just chasing down and tackling he smashes matt utai in half over the sideline
- The worst domination of a starting prop i have ever seen so far (and ive seen kris kahler play live ). Ben Czislowski got hammered every hitup he had. Aaron Payne even put a shot on him.

I hope they upload this on NRL Classics. After a fairly inauspicious club debut, JT looked far more composed at home producing a MotM performance which really turned heads. He followed it up with a chip and chase effort the next week to get the Cowboys home at the death over in NZ.

I would not complain at all if NRL.com decided to upload the entire season actually. Even Newcastle who were horrid for the first half of the competition turned around and started playing some of the best footy in club history and putting a lot of top teams to the sword.

captainwarrior

Juniors
I hope they upload this on NRL Classics. After a fairly inauspicious club debut, JT looked far more composed at home producing a MotM performance which really turned heads. He followed it up with a chip and chase effort the next week to get the Cowboys home at the death over in NZ.

I would not complain at all if NRL.com decided to upload the entire season actually. Even Newcastle who were horrid for the first half of the competition turned around and started playing some of the best footy in club history and putting a lot of top teams to the sword.
Agreed. Always thought 2005 was undoubtedly the best season of the NRL era. It went up and down like a yo-yo, every game was entertaining. Three of the previous season’s top 4 missed the 8. Newcastle finished last but ended the season as the form team, and the team that finished second last (Canberra) were top 4 after 10 rounds. Crazy season that was entertaining from start til finish.

Other game I forgot was Warriors vs Broncos round 5 2003, Broncos were at home and undefeated and Warriors just overpowered them. Was a great game to watch, and ended with one of the best passes for a try that I’ve seen

horrie hastings

First Grade
Just watched Canterbury vs Easts at Belmore back from 1985. Canterbury went out to a 16-2 lead at one stage, Terry Lamb scored one of those tries that Canterbury was renowned for as the entertainers tag, score was 16-6 to Canterbury at half time but only scored two points in the second half , the Dogs still led 18-8 with about 10 mins to go till Hugh McGahan swooped on a Canterbury loose ball and gave Dean Bell a 60 mtr run to the try line to put Easts behind 12-18 , then the last 7 mins were thrilling with Easts going close to scoring twice before Laurie Spina crossed next to the post to give Easts an 18-18 draw. Wayne Portlock who was Easts goal kicker fluffed 2 easy shots at goal, the result could have have been easily diifferent, they scored 3 tries to Canterbury 2.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
There was also a super league semi between the panthers and bulldogs that was one of the most physical games i have ever seen. Great game for a neutral supporter

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Plenty of pommy super league on YouTube but not much nrl. Especially full matches why is this? There used to be shitloads. During lockdown it would be appreciated if some of the more tech savvy members could upload some full games. Thanks in advance guys

nrlnrl

First Grade
Yes. Once pay TV came in, we got all matches broadcast. I'd say 1995 was the first season all games were televised in a professional manner.
Sorry, but 1999 was the first year every game was broadcast. Even when the NRL began in 1998, there were only 8 of the 10 games shown each round.

edabomb

First Grade
Plenty of pommy super league on YouTube but not much nrl. Especially full matches why is this? There used to be shitloads. During lockdown it would be appreciated if some of the more tech savvy members could upload some full games. Thanks in advance guys

The NRL used to copywrite claim them a few years ago and get them taken down. Not sure if that has changed.