What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Stranger on Netflix is worth bingeing. It's not top-rated drama but the story has enough intrigue to push me to watch the end.

up the episode 4, you’re right very intriguing

The same author wrote Safe which is also on Netflix, similar series with twists every episode

Liked that but preferring The Stranger so far

Pugzley

Thoughts on The Rookie starring Nathan Fillion? personally, I love it. Funny and addicting to watch. Got the first season on Apple tv and streaming second season on a website.

bileduct

Coach
Anyone watching The Plot Against America? I'm thinking of giving this one a go since it's done by the same dudes behind The Wire.

Matua

Bench
Anyone watching The Plot Against America? I'm thinking of giving this one a go since it's done by the same dudes behind The Wire.
I'll be watching it, but I'm torn between my love for Simon and Burns and not really enjoying the writing of Roth. But that's probably less to do with the stories, I always pick up his books because fo the concepts, and more to do with the actual writing.

This could be the perfect meshing for me.

bileduct

Coach
I'll be watching it, but I'm torn between my love for Simon and Burns and not really enjoying the writing of Roth. But that's probably less to do with the stories, I always pick up his books because fo the concepts, and more to do with the actual writing.

This could be the perfect meshing for me.
I gave it a go. Not for me.

roofromoz

First Grade
Not a new show as such but just watched the first season of Wellington Paranormal on SBS on Demand. Quite funny. It's a spin off of What We Do In The Shadows.

bileduct

Coach
I started watching Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness.

Only one episode in and the female zoo owner seems to be the worst of the them.

bileduct

Coach
I started watching Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness.

Only one episode in and the female zoo owner seems to be the worst of the them.
Got through the entire series.

Hooooooly shit, what a bunch of characters. The ending was a bit unsatisfying though. I feel like there's still quite a bit more to tell with this saga.

Wizardman

First Grade
I saw "The Purge" tv series one. I loved the first movie ans hated the next two sequels. I enjoyed the tv show very much though, well worth a look.

T-Boon

Coach
Not really TV but Louis CK's new 1 hour show can be streamed from his website for about $10.00. It is hilarious and offensive and clever. I think its his funniest stuff yet. Like Dave Chappell just getting better and better at their craft.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Watched the first 3 episodes of The Outsider tonight and I want more! Not usually into King stories but I bloody love this. So dark and strange, foreboding and ominous. Yeah, I know it’s probably descriptive of most of his stuff lol.

I’m a fan of Bateman and Mendelsohn so that had me interested from the get go, and the premise.

Very interesting where the story is at with Holly coming into the picture and Jessa’s experiences.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Watched the first 3 episodes of The Outsider tonight and I want more! Not usually into King stories but I bloody love this. So dark and strange, foreboding and ominous. Yeah, I know it’s probably descriptive of most of his stuff lol.

I’m a fan of Bateman and Mendelsohn so that had me interested from the get go, and the premise.

Very interesting where the story is at with Holly coming into the picture and Jessa’s experiences.
It’s all downhill from here I’m afraid. It’s decent but a real letdown from the first 3 episodes which are fantastic and not a patch on the book.

Xcalibre

Juniors
It’s all downhill from here I’m afraid. It’s decent but a real letdown from the first 3 episodes which are fantastic and not a patch on the book.

Hmm, that sucks, but I got a sense of that from ep.4. I’m still eager to see how it turns out though. I’m up to the point where they basically explain the phenomenon. Part of the fun was the mystery, but there’s still some curiosities.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hmm, that sucks, but I got a sense of that from ep.4. I’m still eager to see how it turns out though. I’m up to the point where they basically explain the phenomenon. Part of the fun was the mystery, but there’s still some curiosities.
It’s not bad and worth watching if you haven’t read the books, I just thought he was a bit long and drawn out and a bit disappointing after the excellent first 2 or 3 episodes.

T-Boon

Coach
It’s not bad and worth watching if you haven’t read the books, I just thought he was a bit long and drawn out and a bit disappointing after the excellent first 2 or 3 episodes.

Its the same with the book. It is an extremely intriguing premise set up at the start that just cannot be sustained.
In my opinion the show was as good as the book.

Timbo

Staff member
Currently watching Brockmire.

Hank Azaria plays a major league baseball commentator who has a meltdown live on the air and has to work his way back to the top.

It’s a comedy, but it’s essentially live-action BoJack Horseman. Very dark, occasionally very heavy but also quite funny.

PJ

First Grade
Been watching The Outsider.

Acting is great, particularly Mendehlson, and I liked the book but god they are dragging it out.

Why can't the yanks ever realise a story doesn't need to be 10 episodes. Would have have been great in 4 or 5.

Latest posts