What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Kent ?

axl rose

Bench
Kent ranting about banning Mad Monday.

6yoz61.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The day Mark Geyer made Paul Kent vomit with a ‘high and late’ shot
LEAGUE

$

Mark Geyer once went after Paul Kent on the footy field, with serious consequences. Picture: Gregg PorteousSource: News Corp Australia
This may come as no surprise, but Mark Geyer has a temper — and Paul Kent was once on the wrong end of it.

Speaking on The Matty Johns Show podcast, the Newscorp journalist has recalled the time he wrote a column about Geyer, and how the former enforcer sought revenge while playing for Umina in 1994.

At the time, Kent was playing for Ourimbah, and the two of them faced off in a painful confrontation, with grim consequences.

“It wasn’t a tackle, it was a little high, a little late and an elbow behind the ear,” Kent said.

“I wrote a story about him. He was on the way out of Balmain and Penrith were considering taking him.”

Another journalist thought Geyer should go back to Penrith, but Kent said he should be made to play park football for a year as a reminder of how lucky he was to be playing first grade.

The newspaper ran both columns side-by-side, and Geyer didn’t much like what Kent had to say.

Unluckily for Kent, Geyer was forced to play park footy — in his own competition.

“Instead of going to Penrith, where I thought he was going to play, he went to Umina. I was playing at Ourimbah, we played them in six weeks,” he said.

“So I rock up to the game on game day and all the Umina players are going: ‘what have you done to MG, he’s filthy at you’.

“Anyway, we run out, I’m playing fullback, I’m standing back to catch the ball from my front-rower, MG comes out, he’s got water dripping off him everywhere and he’s looking around and finally sees me standing next to the posts, and he goes: ‘you’re f*cking dead’.”

Even Kent’s front-rower, the man who was supposed to protect him, was scared.

“The whole game he’s after me, he finally gets me, gives me a clip, a brawl starts, by the time I get in the dressing room I’m vomiting from concussion,” Kent says.

They were sent off, and back in the sheds it kicks off again.

Kent’s captain Johnny Allanson had another go at MG, who was ‘wrecking’ the dressing sheds next door.

They met in the tunnel and exchanged a few choice words before all the ‘old blokes’ had to pull them off each other.

Steve ‘Blocker’ Roach made a joke, but it could have a vein of truth to it.

“That’s not a tackle, that’s assault!”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/th...7FcTLrnp0j0pUHYnj66GdKy9KFYQ8CoJ85mbpN9xb3ShM

ram raid

Bench
lmao!

An old crim friend of mine (as in he's old and he used to be a criminal) told me he saw MG beat the absolute f**k out of this huge Tongan bouncer out west one night. Apparently he could really fight. Wally Lewis is lucky he didn't get his head caved in.

gUt

Coach
Obviously nothing to do with the great man himself or his grubby, Murdoch-mandated crisis-factory mode of shitting where he eats but was unsure where else to put this.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/hea...9VD-eyIIieMF0ITDovL5Xpem7KV606DsgrOUq3useLXQI

NRL Reporter From Failing Media Company Finds Success Creating Racial Tensions Over Nothing

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

Sports journalism in Australia has this week sunk to levels lower than Australian music journalism, as failing newspapers and TV stations scour the news cycle for some sort of outrage.

This comes as an almost comically unaccomplished but somehow high-profile sports reporter, from a media company that has not adapted well to the invention of the internet, has this week taken a break from vilifying the Roosters and the Sea Eagles and instead decided to vilify the Aboriginal community.

Ray Kent, who may have played a bit of Super League reserve grade back when there were 22 professional clubs in Australia and every merkin was getting a go, has spent the last week not reporting on the 2020 launch of God’s Winter Game – but instead playing the victim over a 10 second shot of a proud Aboriginal man in the new NRL promo.

As someone whose never been to war and only celebrates ANZAC day for the gambling, Ray Kent obviously couldn’t give a f**k about this synthetic uproar about why the Aboriginal flag got a ten second shot and the Australian flag only got a one second shot.

It’s something he’s been directed to do by his editor, as even Australian sports media resorts to the lowest rung of talkback commentary and begins whingeing about the great replacement of white people.

“You know what gets clicks mate” Ray’s editor tells him.

“We need to help the Boomers take their minds off this Coronavirus. It’s terrifying them”

“Go after the blacks and the Lesbians. Give them something to punch down on”

The television advertisement, which celebrates a 30-year anniversary of the campaign originally launched by Tina Turner has drawn criticism from some members of the media as well as bogans who couldn’t name three players on social media.

The five-second inclusion of an Aboriginal flag also appeared to hit a nerve for Australian media commentators, with many claiming it was divisive and not fair to the 35% of NRL players who are white people from Australia.

In response to this disgusting display of diversity, droves of media identities like Ray Kent have taken the new route of dragging politics into their reporting.

We spoke to Ray Kent over a few pints of Carlton Draught at his local pokies-dive where he drinks every night because he is a failed alcoholic.

“It sure is great to no longer have to write exclusively about sex tapes and someone bashing someone at the pub” says Ray.

“I don’t know if I know enough about politics to keep up this new conservative-NRL-reporter shtick, but I don’t think I need to know much”

“I just need to say ‘I Don’t Like It’ – and the rednecks get stiffies… Haha”

“I can see why Pauline has had so much success”

Perth Red

Post Whore
Terrible journalist. Blames the NRL for not putting aside the $6mill club bail out fund, yet it was reported the bail out fund was distributed to clubs two weeks ago! What a muppet.

Last Week

Bench
Holy shit. Joel Thompson of all people has just, in the most polite and endearing way, destroyed Kent's argument. Incredible.

Suck shit Paul you pathetic lackey.