What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Suspension Period

callmack1

Staff member
Thought I'd make this thread for the period of time that the Season is suspended. Thought we could use it similar to how we use the Pre-Season thread and discuss how players are/how they might train in isolation and other stuff like that.

callmack1

Staff member
I'm bored.
I'm looking for some old games.

Anyone got the Adelaide Rams vs SSFC Rd 18 1998 game from the SFS?
Me too mate.

I'm gonna brush off some DVD's from the 2014 Season and also some of thos 'Essentials' DVD's I have.

To be continued - Uncertainty reigns but Rugby League will remain: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/30/to-be-continued-uncertainty-reigns-but-rugby-league-will-remain/

Benji Marshall’s advice to Latrell Mitchell amid fears Souths star could quit NRL: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/d531b5f48b52b340ab9ecbef9883e416

callmack1

Staff member
Renouf - Players can find motivation within to stay fit during tough times: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/31...vation-within-to-stay-fit-during-tough-times/

Sam Burgess reveals his all-time South Sydney 17 … and he’s brushed himself: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...f/news-story/d76f841d8198ad855d186cbb8f8b0f64

The accidental try celebration knock that ‘helped’ Sam Burgess play on with a broken cheekbone in 2014 Grand Final: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/b69c8a46680b241a6476bf658635ee06

I watched Fox League Live tonight and thought it was absolutely brilliant! Loved Sam revealing his all-time best 17 and they talked about Souths for a long time, it was great! To hear Sam talk about the club, what it meant to wear the jersey, the connection he had with the club and to hear him talk about some of the players the way he did was awesome, he was so full of passion. Fantastic viewing.

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
From Sporting News,

South Sydney Rabbitohs playmaker Cody Walker believes time away from the game will help Latrell Mitchell

The ongoing coronavirus crisis that is starving us all of rugby league might actually be a positive for Latrell Mitchell.

At least that's according to South Sydney Rabbitohs teammate Cody Walker, who believes the time away from the game will help him get into better shape before the season resumes.

With the NRL season suspended indefinitely, all players are in isolation and have to train on their own to stay in shape.

And after a dissapointing start to his stint at the Rabbitohs, Walker believes the time away will do Latrell the world of good - especially with the arrival of a new child.

“I spoke to him the other day, and the first thing I asked was about his partner Brielle who’s pregnant," Walker said.

"She’s due a couple of days ago, and I was just wondering how she’s going and what she was doing.

"He brought it up actually that he’d been training a fair bit and how it’s a good opportunity for him to get fit, and be ready to go when the competition starts.

"It is great to hear those sorts of words from Latrell, and we’re looking forward to seeing how he transitions over this next little period."

The 22-year old was hammered during the opening rounds after his shift to fullback resulted in some less-than-stellar displays.

But coach Wayne Bennett continued to back the superstar, and believes he will come good as he progresses and learns his new role.

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Yea same, for me, Good Friday is one of my favourite days of the year. Just wasn't the same this time around.

callmack1

Staff member
From the Daily Telegraph, it sounds like Latrell is working hard during this suspension period which is good news! This is an extract from the article about his contract,

Rose confirmed Mitchell was in a positive mood about a possible competition return while training on his family’s farm in Taree on the mid-north NSW coast.

He said the Rabbitohs star is also revelling in life as a dad after the birth of his second child, a girl.

Mitchell is also working tirelessly on his fitness in a bid to return as strong and aerobically fit as he possibly can for the resumption of the 2020 competition.

He is training daily while trying to add variety to his routine with different physical activities and jobs around his family’s property.

“He has been doing a lot of training by himself. It is hard to do anything too serious until you get back in the team environment, but hopefully May 28 is the return date so we can all start playing footy again,” Rose said.

Mitchell is also determined to silence his critics and prove he can make a successful switch from the centres to fullback.

Channel 9 commentator and former Blues and Panthers coach Phil Gould even questioned Mitchell’s desire to play rugby league.

“He's not ready to play NRL football the way he is right at the moment and certainly not to play fullback,” Gould said.

“I'm worried about Latrell and his football and unless he's mentored in the right way by the right people through this period, it all could all come unravelling over the next 18 months, judging by what I'm seeing now.”

It is understood Mitchell is using these words as motivation as he trains during lockdown.

Latest posts