What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Why is V'landys still in charge of NSW racing? Is it not odd.

Why is the media not questioning this?

Could you imagine if John Grant, who was attacked for driving a sports car, or Dave Smith were wearing two hats?

Brutus

Referee
It is extremely odd. Agree.

Don't expect his mates at the Telecrap to question it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’m more concerned by how much love the journos that seem to hate the game have for him. I’m very nervous why news ltd like the man so much!
Last week he did a number of interviews about the nrl in front of a nsw Racing banner ffs!

mongoose

Coach
yeah i don't trust him at all. He seems like a News ltd puppet hired to push Greenberg out. Makes me like Greenberg if anything...

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I’m more concerned by how much love the journos that seem to hate the game have for him. I’m very nervous why news ltd like the man so much!
Last week he did a number of interviews about the nrl in front of a nsw Racing banner ffs!

I did notice that too, and at the time it was odd and unprofessional.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
yeah i don't trust him at all. He seems like a News ltd puppet hired to push Greenberg out. Makes me like Greenberg if anything...

If the digital arm is apparently worthless and of no use to the game why does News Ltd want it shut down or sold to them so they can control it. Also why does Grant see it worth a great deal upto a billion (other sports world wide have a digital arm) whilst V'landys sees it worth around $50 million.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ta...he-mark-but-for-how-long-20200325-p54dpd.html

I worry that V'landys won't screw or free us from nine and news ltd so the game can reach it's full potential. Our game needs to control the digital arm.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Mate I’m not Kenty I actually lost any respect for that guy when he announced that McGregor is a good coach and at George supporters are fickle all they want is a premiership every year.

Being Chairman of the NRL is unlikely to be a high paid position. Like him or not, V'Landys is well connected with people in positions of power on "both sides of the aisle" as they say in politics. It is why he is so secure at RacingNSW as its CEO.

I'm prepared to wait and see regarding his stewardship in the job as Chairman of the ARLC.

If you want a Chair who has no sporting links but is good in their job and well connected, then you will have to pay for it as unless they are personally rich with an abiding love of the game, you won't find someone willing to do it for nothing.

As to the media questioning it, a few did, but remember News Ltd own most of the print journals in our capital cities, and those that aren't (e.g. Sydney Morning Herald, The Age) are now owned by Nine Entertainment who also own Channel 9.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Being Chairman of the NRL is unlikely to be a high paid position. Like him or not, V'Landys is well connected with people in positions of power on "both sides of the aisle" as they say in politics. It is why he is so secure at RacingNSW as its CEO.

I'm prepared to wait and see regarding his stewardship in the job as Chairman of the ARLC.

If you want a Chair who has no sporting links but is good in their job and well connected, then you will have to pay for it as unless they are personally rich with an abiding love of the game, you won't find someone willing to do it for nothing.

As to the media questioning it, a few did, but remember News Ltd own most of the print journals in our capital cities, and those that aren't (e.g. Sydney Morning Herald, The Age) are now owned by Nine Entertainment who also own Channel 9.

Thanks kenty

Exsilium

First Grade
Imagine the financial state of the game if we’d have had an investment banker and sound businessman in charge.

RL is a business, they don’t need a member of the old boys club to run it but bringing in Vlandys feels like a handshake agreement in the treehouse among mates. It reeks of desperation.

Why is V'landys still in charge of NSW racing? Is it not odd.

Why is the media not questioning this?

Could you imagine if John Grant, who was attacked for driving a sports car, or Dave Smith were wearing two hats?

Chairman isn't a full-time position. John Grant was still MD for an I.T company when he was the Chairman.

Cactus

Juniors
Lets examine what the problem is:

a) Resource problem = someone within the organisation is a bit of a dickhead

b) Structural problem – some dickhead forgot to put that job title into the organisational flow chart

c) Management problem = some sort of management dickhead hired Greenburg as CEO

d) Constitutional problem = the person who devised the constitutional powers of the ARLC “the commish” did not provide enough arms length distance from clubland and the commish and is a dickhead

I do not know about you dickheads but d) is where my bet is and I would implore you people to think a lot about where you want this sport to go and about what it takes to get there.

taipan

Referee
Imagine if Um & Aagh and Grant were running the show.
The mind boggles.May as well shut up shop or get Raelene to step in.
It's obvious the NRL admin is top heavy with expenditure waste ,so if V'Landys can "drain the swamp" and ensure rugby league survives this shemozzle, then I don't care if he runs Lego comps in his other guise, he'll get more than a pass mark.