What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye friz

possm

Coach
Tyson is a very good player, but no one is irreplaceable. He had the odd weakness in his game. Not a great off loader and he is inclined to spill the odd ball at crucial times. Every club loses a premier player occasionally, so St George are not the exception Sure coaching is a big problem, but with an able replacement and the promotion of some talented young players, things will start to look up. There may be a fair bit of restructuring of the league competition after the dust settles on the current crisis..
SGI have a history of letting good players go in the hope that they can balance the books with cheaper recruits or talented juniors. We don't ever seem to realize that the secret to success is always to REPLACE LIKE WITH LIKE OR BETTER.

Of course signing a half decent head coach and installing some brains on the SGI Board would go a long way to acheiving top 4 status as well.

Replace Frizell with Fifita
Replace Aitken with Suli or Lomax
Buy a top grade fullback until Ramsey or Lomax are ready.

If we need extra cash to upgrade our NRL sqad, let go Hunt and Norman and promote Clune and Sulivan.
Let go Graham and K Sims and promote Kerr and Blacker.

Yeah, nah. We're owned by the West's Group and turned a million dollar profit last year. We're fine

Hate to rain on the parade, but every single west’s group club has had to shut down.

Last year doesn’t apply anymore.

Ps: I want all 16 teams back myself.

I think sgi will be all ok as banks don’t really fail here.

Perhaps friz has jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire financially speaking.

Last edited:

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
SGI have a history of letting good players go in the hope that they can balance the books with cheaper recruits or talented juniors. We don't ever seem to realize that the secret to success is always to REPLACE LIKE WITH LIKE OR BETTER.

Of course signing a half decent head coach and installing some brains on the SGI Board would go a long way to acheiving top 4 status as well.

Replace Frizell with Fifita
Replace Aitken with Suli or Lomax
Buy a top grade fullback until Ramsey or Lomax are ready.

If we need extra cash to upgrade our NRL sqad, let go Hunt and Norman and promote Clune and Sulivan.
Let go Graham and K Sims and promote Kerr and Blacker.

makes sense to me...

take the roosters for instance...

lose Roger Tui....replace with Tedesco

lose Pearce...replace with Cronk

Those are 2 just to name a few...and they’ve won 2 straight premiership.

meanwhile the good old dragons lost Widdop and signed...?

Lost Brett Morris and signed....?

We are so useless It drives me crazy

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
RED73V - Joined: February 20, 2015
Saint_JimmyG - Joined: July 8, 2016

Pretty sure that makes him an earlier joiner than you, but I’m sure you’ll find a way to say that I’m wrong.

Now, do you actually have anything relevant to contribute to either the premiership or Friz discussions?

I already have, thanks for asking.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
makes sense to me...

take the roosters for instance...

lose Roger Tui....replace with Tedesco

lose Pearce...replace with Cronk

Those are 2 just to name a few...and they’ve won 2 straight premiership.

meanwhile the good old dragons lost Widdop and signed...?

Lost Brett Morris and signed....?

We are so useless It drives me crazy

Eto Nabuli, who’s sure to be the answer to a trivia question one day.

Dragon David

First Grade
For the past 7-8 years , the St George Illawarra Dragons has been and is synonymous with the bottom of the ladder teams. There are not too many players wanting to join this club of ours. Players like Widdop, Norman, Hunt and some other guys who thought that they would give us a go have learned (as Widdop has and now Frizell has) that we are not much chop in a lot of the ways that we have been performing in the office and on the field - for the obvious reasons so many of us have spent many a good time writing about in the forum.

With the salary cap very likely to be reduced substantially, signing good players to replace many that will be let go will still be a problem given the reasons we have all given in many threads on this forum. The money to retain the ones we want to keep might be just as hard. Millward and Co. will have it tough in the recruitment and retention arena in the next months.

I might be totally wrong but the signs have been and are there for all to see. This pandemic that we are experiencing has been eating away at our club for many years and it's not the COVID 19 type, its the bloody useless Board type.

Father Ted

First Grade
What's the answer for Widdop?
The answer for Widdop is a combo of good scouting , go all over the Rugby league world talk to everyone you meet and check out the tips ( next year obviously ) and have good intense junior pathways developement by good high quality rugby league people . Have a good front office and Staff and a quality head coach and supports.. Absolutely no jobs for the boys.. So how close do you think we are ?

Como Connection

First Grade
The answer for Widdop is a combo of good scouting , go all over the Rugby league world talk to everyone you meet and check out the tips ( next year obviously ) and have good intense junior pathways developement by good high quality rugby league people . Have a good front office and Staff and a quality head coach and supports.. Absolutely no jobs for the boys.. So how close do you think we are ?
Were have you been Father Ted, missed you.
CC

RED73V

Juniors
You are better off putting something in bold instead of using capitals. Capitals in written text denotes shouting.

And whilst I applaud you for using a no longer used word, it still makes no sense in the context which you’ve used it.

Now that we’ve addressed point number 1, can you please address points 2 & 3.
Sure I can address points 2 & 3 very simply you are a MONG !!! End of discussion

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Sure I can address points 2 & 3 very simply you are a MONG !!! End of discussion
You do realise calling names and storming off, rather than discussing the matter at hand, is a sign of someone losing an argument?

I wouldn’t expect anything less than that from someone who doesn’t know St George have won 16 premiership though.

Latest posts