What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

Interesting the government action you’re ok with through this was the labor Queensland decision to keep open election booths.
Interesting (not) that you need to dumb everything down to Left wing/ right wing or Labor /liberal . Makes it easier to take a stance and protect it I guess .. If you must do that ,realistically its closer to a conservative / liberal argument . The great Peter Pan himself admitted as much with his "protecting our way of life "post. If we follow on with the "Great Pans" brilliant summation ,The Qld decision is on the conservative side in protecting Economy by not cancelling election after already promoting ,postal,pre polling and telephone voting for a couple weeks before the election -over half votes already in. Would have been silly to call it off couple days before . No more risk than going grocery shopping . If you said it should have been called off a couple weeks ago I would have agreed.

The much more damaging cruise ship let in should have been stopped at so many levels its ludicrous.Federal, State ,and the actual officers involved at the event,should all be held accountable.For my guess its probably a result of over officious bureaucratic system in Australia ,where paper work, filled out and signed off to protect your own backside is more important than actually carrying out an obviously necessary Quarantine of an infected ship.

Anyway as Quicksilver is illustrating so often here , none of you self styled right wing protecters are actually Right wing . All a bunch of lefties.when it comes to your own backyard.

Eion

First Grade
Interesting (not) that you need to dumb everything down to Left wing/ right wing or Labor /liberal . Makes it easier to take a stance and protect it I guess .. If you must do that ,realistically its closer to a conservative / liberal argument . The great Peter Pan himself admitted as much with his "protecting our way of life "post. If we follow on with the "Great Pans" brilliant summation ,The Qld decision is on the conservative side in protecting Economy by not cancelling election after already promoting ,postal,pre polling and telephone voting for a couple weeks before the election -over half votes already in. Would have been silly to call it off couple days before . No more risk than going grocery shopping . If you said it should have been called off a couple weeks ago I would have agreed.

The much more damaging cruise ship let in should have been stopped at so many levels its ludicrous.Federal, State ,and the actual officers involved at the event,should all be held accountable.For my guess its probably a result of over officious bureaucratic system in Australia ,where paper work, filled out and signed off to protect your own backside is more important than actually carrying out an obviously necessary Quarantine of an infected ship.

Anyway as Quicksilver is illustrating so often here , none of you self styled right wing protecters are actually Right wing . All a bunch of lefties.when it comes to your own backyard.
I’m just a protector of the truth man.

carcharias

Immortal
Saw little Billy Shorton on tv this morning.
He had to concede Scomo is crushing it.
At least he can see the truth.
It hurt him to say it .. he should be the Labour leader.
Bahama
That’s how they roll isn’t it?

I’m just a protector of the truth man.
Haha There it is again . Exact attitude that says "Whatever I say is ok True or not , because I am protector of the Great Truth ! "Unfortunately it suffocates any cognitive reasoning you might have and is actually dangerous when you get behind a deceitful and manipulative leader or are "protecting the truth "against a greater threat . My own dear late mother was master of the shutting people down with the quick retorts . She actually lamented to me once in later life about someone trying to explain global warming to her . (not me I wouldnt even have bothered trying) "I just cant shut her down with the quick replies like I used to.,My brains just not quick enough anymore."

Eion

First Grade
Haha There it is again . Exact attitude that says "Whatever I say is ok True or not , because I am protector of the Great Truth ! "Unfortunately it suffocates any cognitive reasoning you might have and is actually dangerous when you get behind a deceitful and manipulative leader or are "protecting the truth "against a greater threat . My own dear late mother was master of the shutting people down with the quick retorts . She actually lamented to me once in later life about someone trying to explain global warming to her . (not me I wouldnt even have bothered trying) "I just cant shut her down with the quick replies like I used to.,My brains just not quick enough anymore."
What are you on about mate, what’s your problem with the fed government response? It ain’t gong to be perfect but I reckon they are working hard and getting the balance about right. That’s what we’re talking about, not your mum.

Generalzod

Immortal
Guys just wondering are the supermarkets getting toilet paper supplies and if they do it’s very little, is it because they wanting people to go to the supermarkets all the time..

Quicksilver

Bench
Bahama

You do realise that both parties are working together on a lot of this stuff, right?

Quicksilver

Bench
Yep, in response to this:
Would you prefer him to whine from the sidelines ala Albo?

How is he going to whine from the sidelines if he's the Prime Minister?

Also, there's a difference between working together and just ticking off on everything single thing.

Last edited:
As a totally non Lib party supporter I have to say I agree with the package presented. I, and others, will take a big hit if I (we) end up on it but I don't mind.
A simple yes or no here please. To everyone. Do you agree with what the government have done?

Bahama

Yep, Albo or as I call him (Dildo) should take note from the used car salesman (Shorten) in this instance.

Poor Dildo has been playing Poltics of late just because he didn’t get an invite to the Inner Tube.

LOL!

taipan

Referee
Yep, in response to this:

How is he going to whine from the sidelines if he's the Prime Minister?

Also, there's a difference between working together and just ticking off on everything single thing.

He's whining now as he's on the sidelines.Of course if he's PM he's not going to whine at himself.He is like Shorrty, going to tell the world how terrific they are.

You either work together in times of extreme crisis or you don't.Point scoring is not helpful, even some Labor MPs admit it.
This is not a normal day in Parliament ,the most dangerous time since WW11

Quicksilver

Bench
He's whining now as he's on the sidelines.Of course if he's PM he's not going to whine at himself.He is like Shorrty, going to tell the world how terrific they are.

You either work together in times of extreme crisis or you don't.Point scoring is not helpful, even some Labor MPs admit it.
This is not a normal day in Parliament ,the most dangerous time since WW11

Cynical point scoring is not good.

But if you genuinely have a particular issue that you are concerned about then you should say something. If you don't, you're a waste of space in parliament. It might not even be a disagreement. You could raise an issue and the government could say "good point, we hadn't considered that part".

Good outcomes rarely come from echo chambers. Particularly when complex policy is being implemented.

Quicksilver

Bench
As a totally non Lib party supporter I have to say I agree with the package presented. I, and others, will take a big hit if I (we) end up on it but I don't mind.
A simple yes or no here please. To everyone. Do you agree with what the government have done?

We'll see how it goes. They still have bits to sort through. The devil will be in the detail and the implementation.

We'll see how it goes. They still have bits to sort through. The devil will be in the detail and the implementation.
This is not yes or no. The details, as I've read it are, if you run out of work your company can apply for you to stay on with them and the government will fund it at $1500 per fortnight. The company can then top it off with more cash if it so decides. This goes for a 6 month period. Have I missed something, I'm happy to hear if I have.

taipan

Referee
Cynical point scoring is not good.

But if you genuinely have a particular issue that you are concerned about then you should say something. If you don't, you're a waste of space in parliament. It might not even be a disagreement. You could raise an issue and the government could say "good point, we hadn't considered that part".

Good outcomes rarely come from echo chambers. Particularly when complex policy is being implemented.

Mate you do understand, the recommendations to Government and work toward getting the country over the financial mess (that is currently happening) is performed by Treasury officials (ie Public Servants ie usually Labor voters).
The current worldwide catastrophe is no "echo chamber", it is akin to an unknown, unseen enemy that has killed nearly 40,000 reeked havoc on world economies.I have seen on the ABC just about every Labor shadow minister giving his 50c worth.It comes across as the "look at me I'm relevant now".

The Govt is taking advice from leading medicos and financial experts and working with State Govts many of whom are Labor.The very same people that Labor would use ,if they were in Govt.

When I see Ms Keneally (a failed State Premier) shelling out advice to the Federal Govt on such matters, I may as well ask the local postman at least he's reliable and not a photo bomber.

Latest posts