What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Documentary Series

Crush

Coach
Has everyone seen the Amazon series THE TEST and the Netlfix series FORMULA 1 DRIVE TO SURVIVE?
These series are exceptionally well made and have very raw, candid interviews with players/drivers.
Its a new era of TV and its bloody awesome!
The NRL should really look at a doco following the players, clubs and administrators through the COVID19 crisis.
I'm an ideas man.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Has everyone seen the Amazon series THE TEST and the Netlfix series FORMULA 1 DRIVE TO SURVIVE?
These series are exceptionally well made and have very raw, candid interviews with players/drivers.
Its a new era of TV and its bloody awesome!
The NRL should really look at a doco following the players, clubs and administrators through the COVID19 crisis.
I'm an ideas man.
I love the streaming services, I always wondered about The Test, I’ll check it out. I can see a day in the very near future cinema doesn’t exist anymore. This virus is another nail. Cheap 4K TVs, comfortable lounge and beers in the fridge not mention the budget they are throwing at series, docos and movies is a winning combo and will be very much needed in the coming months.

Crush

Coach
I love the streaming services, I always wondered about The Test, I’ll check it out. I can see a day in the very near future cinema doesn’t exist anymore. This virus is another nail. Cheap 4K TVs, comfortable lounge and beers in the fridge not mention the budget they are throwing at series, docos and movies is a winning combo and will be very much needed in the coming months.
The Test is excellent, check it out mate.

gitano

Juniors
NRL wouldn't work for this type of program. Basically, nobody cares about it as a sport.

giboz71

First Grade
The Test is outstanding. The All Blacks doco was as well.

In the middle of watching the Philadelphia Eagles series now.

Crush

Coach
NRL wouldn't work for this type of program. Basically, nobody cares about it as a sport.
If it was well made enough it would interest non-NRL fans too.
I'm not an F1 fan but found drive to survive fascinating.

gitano

Juniors
If it was well made enough it would interest non-NRL fans too.
I'm not an F1 fan but found drive to survive fascinating.
Gold point. I just can't see you being able to create that with a sprinkling of fans, where tribalism has been lost

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
As someone who considers himself a cricket “tragic”, but doesn’t have Amazon, I hope The Test makes it out onto DVD by Christmas,

Crush

Coach
As someone who considers himself a cricket “tragic”, but doesn’t have Amazon, I hope The Test makes it out onto DVD by Christmas,
I think you can join Amazon for $7 a month. And they probably have a 30 day FOC trial membership. Worth getting.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I think you can join Amazon for $7 a month. And they probably have a 30 day FOC trial membership. Worth getting.

Excuse my ignorance; do you watch Amazon in the same manner as normal tv or a device such as a computer or iPad? I have Foxtel, but am not so keen as having another box I installed.

Crush

Coach
Excuse my ignorance; do you watch Amazon in the same manner as normal tv or a device such as a computer or iPad? I have Foxtel, but am not so keen as having another box I installed.
You don't need a box for the streaming services. If you have a smart tv you can set it all up on tele. If you don't have a smart tv then just watch on device with headphones.

gitano

Juniors

You can run it from your phone and 'cast' it to your TV using a Chromecast (can get them for under $50) over wifi.