What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Presidents Cup & Sydney Shield

rightleftin

Juniors
Luke Ellis of the NRL has announced that all major comps in NSW, Queensland plus the Womens NRL and Affiliated States championship have been cancelled for 2020.

RMC, Sydney Shield, HN Womens and community comps were not included in the announcement but I guess their cancellation is likely to follow over the next few days.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I think its the women's country championship not the WNRL. Unless that is another announcement I can't find.
Also will screw up RM and SS as basically RM will be NSW cup

rightleftin

Juniors
I think its the women's country championship not the WNRL. Unless that is another announcement I can't find.
Also will screw up RM and SS as basically RM will be NSW cup

I read the NRL announcement and it refers to the HN Womens National Championships - which I assumed was NRL but I have discovered this is a 6 team comp used to select the NRL teams. I have now read the NSWRL announcement, which of course does not cover Womens National champs but what is positive is that while it states that it is too hard to run the "big" comps ie 25 teams in NSW Cup and Flegg (or 24 since the Warriors are out) but it might be able to run the "small" comps like RMC and SS, which also has 25 teams.

As you say, if they go ahead the RMC and SS will likely be high quality comps with the influx of disenfranchised players (subject to PPIS).

Last edited:

imgunawin72

Juniors
Yep I agree if RMC and SS run they will quality comps with blokes available from NSW cup. And to a lesser extent young blokes available from Flegg.

imgunawin72

Juniors
I read the NRL announcement and it refers to the HN Womens National Championships - which I assumed was NRL but I have discovered this is a 6 team comp used to select the NRL teams. I have now read the NSWRL announcement, which of course does not cover Womens National champs but what is positive is that while it states that it is too hard to run the "big" comps ie 25 teams in NSW Cup and Flegg (or 24 since the Warriors are out) but it might be able to run the "small" comps like RMC and SS, which also has 25 teams.

As you say, if they go ahead the RMC and SS will likely be high quality comps with the influx of disenfranchised players (subject to PPIS).
You would think canning both NSW cup and Flegg might be money related as well, with the majority of these teams funded by NRL clubs, who are apparently cash strapped.

rightleftin

Juniors
Interesting fact from Round 1 - Maniah Rudolph was sent off for allegedly stamping on Toby but the video clearly showed he was innocent and he was not even called to appear at the judiciary. Pity about all the tries to St Marys after he was marched.

Waverunner29

Juniors
Interesting fact from Round 1 - Maniah Rudolph was sent off for allegedly stamping on Toby but the video clearly showed he was innocent and he was not even called to appear at the judiciary. Pity about all the tries to St Marys after he was marched.
Was at the game St marys were still getting the upper hand dont think the send off played a part in the result

rightleftin

Juniors
Was at the game St marys were still getting the upper hand dont think the send off played a part in the result

Asquith were leading 32-26, they has just got another 6 tackles 10 years out from the St Marys line so possibly going to 38-26 and game over, especially if Toby got 10 minutes for a professional foul, so if that is your interpretation of St Marys getting the upper hand that's fine.

Waverunner29

Juniors
Asquith were leading 32-26, they has just got another 6 tackles 10 years out from the St Marys line so possibly going to 38-26 and game over, especially if Toby got 10 minutes for a professional foul, so if that is your interpretation of St Marys getting the upper hand that's fine.
Asquith dominated the 1st half but st marys defense stiffened up so the possibly of 38 was highly unlikely Toby was never getting 10 in bin quite simply you can't lash out even if you do miss. accept to spend some time on the sideline. It's obviously st Mary's came out with the better game plan in the second half.

Asquith dominated the 1st half but st marys defense stiffened up so the possibly of 38 was highly unlikely Toby was never getting 10 in bin quite simply you can't lash out even if you do miss. accept to spend some time on the sideline. It's obviously st Mary's came out with the better game plan in the second half.

The try St Marys scored straight after the send off came off an obstruction as well

rightleftin

Juniors
Oldschool poor discipline. If you lead 32-16 with 12mins to go you win???

Your posts make me realise that you never go to any of these games because you are not old enough to drive but you really need to look at the records, the score was 32-26 and then 12 players, the only way you win from there is if you are playing duds, so what you are saying is that St Marys is hopeless, I like you first post where you stated that the Silktails beat the PNG National team by 58-10 when they had not even played a game and the last game between the full strength Fiji and PNG national teams had a winning margin of 2 points. If you cant offer anything or at least behave live adult don't enter the forum. This is about exchange of information and you have nothing to offer.

twentyforty

Juniors
Your posts make me realise that you never go to any of these games because you are not old enough to drive but you really need to look at the records, the score was 32-26 and then 12 players, the only way you win from there is if you are playing duds, so what you are saying is that St Marys is hopeless, I like you first post where you stated that the Silktails beat the PNG National team by 58-10 when they had not even played a game and the last game between the full strength Fiji and PNG national teams had a winning margin of 2 points. If you cant offer anything or at least behave live adult don't enter the forum. This is about exchange of information and you have nothing to offer.

Rightlefty you lead 32-16 you should win. Wenty won a pre season game with 12 players? Like it or not poor discipline from Asquith cost them.

Pantherman72

Juniors
Rightlefty you lead 32-16 you should win. Wenty won a pre season game with 12 players? Like it or not poor discipline from Asquith cost them.

Like it or not, Stu Raper admitted the send off was the wrong decision and that Asquith should have had a penalty awarded to them for Toby holding down. The match review also didn't even charge the player as it was an officiating error on the day - these things happen, they are human.

Stu Raper also admitted the next try was from an obstruction and should have been a penalty to Asquith. Listen to Tony Dosens interview, a link was on the Asquith social media page last week and it all gets discussed and verified.

At the end of the day no one knows who would have won if those calls were made correctly and no one ever will. Hopefully we can all agree on that but I won't hold my breath.

Butts74

Juniors
Anyone have any information about the RMC&SS if it will continue to go ahead or get scrapped completely?

twentyforty

Juniors
Like it or not, Stu Raper admitted the send off was the wrong decision and that Asquith should have had a penalty awarded to them for Toby holding down. The match review also didn't even charge the player as it was an officiating error on the day - these things happen, they are human.

Stu Raper also admitted the next try was from an obstruction and should have been a penalty to Asquith. Listen to Tony Dosens interview, a link was on the Asquith social media page last week and it all gets discussed and verified.

At the end of the day no one knows who would have won if those calls were made correctly and no one ever will. Hopefully we can all agree on that but I won't hold my breath.

28-4 against second half. The only thing Verified after 80mins St Marys 44 Asquith 32. Nswrl to add a column for Asquith only on the ladder, If my Aunty had balls she’d be my uncle points. They’d be undefeated.

Pantherman72

Juniors
28-4 against second half. The only thing Verified after 80mins St Marys 44 Asquith 32. Nswrl to add a column for Asquith only on the ladder, If my Aunty had balls she’d be my uncle points. They’d be undefeated.
If they had a column for Asquith then you wouldnt be able to add it up anyway.
28 to 4? Your maths needs some work champ - the 2nd half was 8all at the time of the send off.
Move on.

Last edited:

Latest posts