What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharne Warnes best Aussie XI he has played with

Team of 2010s...harder to pick...

Warner
Rogers
Khawaja
Smith
Clarke
Hussey // Labuschagne
Haddin
Lyon
Cummins
Hazlewood
An on song Johnson or Starc
A fully fit Harris

Bazal

Post Whore
Team of 2010s...harder to pick...

Warner
Rogers
Khawaja
Smith
Clarke
Hussey // Labuschagne
Haddin
Lyon
Cummins
Hazlewood
An on song Johnson or Starc
A fully fit Harris

I mean...that's still a cracking side, everyone at their best. I'd probably have Watson over Uzi, maybe.

I mean...that's still a cracking side, everyone at their best. I'd probably have Watson over Uzi, maybe.

Yeah.

Ponting was waning in 2010 to retirement late 2012. He did have a decent series against India 2011/12 but was well cooked in 2012 so I didn't include him. I did include Hussey as he always seemed to score. Even in his last summer of 2012/13, his retirement was a shock as the Aussies were off to England mid-year for The Ashes and he'd have done well...just wanted off the bus I believe. Still scrapped in 3 tons (2 SAF; 1 SL) and a 54 (SA) before bowing out that summer.

It's funny though. Did the hypothetical side with my almost 11 year old son. He was adamant Watto had to be in. I ummhed and aahhed worse than a Dave Gallop TV Deal announcement, and he got the shits with me. LOL! Stormed off muttering something. Anyway, you and he are both right... Watto could probably squeeze in there. And probably should.

We were blessed for bowlers in the 2010s. On song Johnson, fit Harris, Cummins, Haze, Starc...all hold their own. Patto just underneath but his on off injuries have probably cruelled his best. Lyon has to be the spin option. God knows they tried a few with Doherty, Beer, McGain, Holland...

One player who probably disappoints is Shaun Marsh. Interestingly, debuted 1 test after Lyon, in SL in 2011. Lyon has played 96 tests for 390 wickets @ 31.58, and 1031 runs @ 12.27. 48 catches too. Smarsh has played a 1/3 amount of tests as Lyon...38 tests for not a single ball bowled and 2265 runs @ 34.31. 6 tons in that and 10 50s which shows you how frustrating it truly has been watching Smarsh. Has never really cemented his spot, has had countless chances and failed when needed most. Ah well.

And despite the ribbing, I've always had a massive soft spot for Siddle. But up against any other bowler, and to a degree, even Hilfenhaus... he just doesn't make it in.

I’m genuinely surprised he actually played alongside Bruce Reid in tests. I thought the sticky tape had unraveled for the last time before Shane came along.

re Gilchrist over Healy.... dare say that’s a foxsports thing.. I too thought his preference was Berry > Healy > Gilchrist.

Bruce Reid is really pretty f*king tenuous.

They played ONE single test together. That being Warne's debut test - the Third Test of the 1991/92 series against India.

ONE FKING TEST!!!