What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COVID-19

Just some hope for us, according to official stats there was only another 350 or so cases reported yesterday. Given the say 4700 infections, with a normal x 2.3 transmission rate, it seems to me that lockdown is just starting to work.

Otherwise we would be up to about 10,000 cases.

It’s not exact and so forth ( due to undiagnosed) but it is an encouraging sign.

NSW is under virtual Marshall Law as of yesterday. Not much we can do without a reasonable excuse, just as well we have courts and the rule of law.

Stay safe and be kind and understanding.

A fair way to go, but the less people who get it, the better chance we have of containing the spread.

if you can go out legally, stay 4 metres if you can, away wear the gear if you have it, gloves and mask (to remind you not to touch your face) ensure you disinfect when you get back to the car. Hands and so forth. Just be conscious of space and be quick. If not for you, then for family or house friends.

Not foolproof of course.

Last edited:
Mate in isolation after usa visit.

12th day, they tested him and his wife and they got the all clear.

But they wouldn’t let him out anyway.

This excessive nonsense is was what we were all afraid of.

Police in parks is ok. Bored probably.

Getting up to 100,000 deaths worldwide.

More new cases everyday, deaths continuing here.

Businesses going out backwards, every sport in the world is just about shut down.

And the NRL wants to bring the game back as early as possible and risk the welfare of lives of players and the people around them.

Idiot Chairman boasting how no player has got the plague yet. Like that’s a cast iron guarantee, no one will get it.

It takes just one person to infect a whole country.

The pm of the uk almost died last week.

The NRL must be the most amateurish sports organisation in the world. Time for a new comp run by people who have iqs above 20.

It’s getting hard to continue to pay these morons anything. They don’t deserve fans or members. The whole board and executive should resign.

I doubt that’s going to happen.

China will be the number one world power soon enough.

It will continue its ways as it seems to work for them in a stratified society.

Its not unlike the top 10% owning 90% of Australia’s wealth.

The United States will adjust. It takes a lot of power, money and influence to engage in their political system in a meaningful way, so their patriotic people can wave flags etc, but the reality is very different. A lot of Americans are nothing like what we think of them from TV. Their culture is changing. I think it’s probably helpful to them.

The global leaders of the world have a lot in common no matter where they come from.

Australia isn’t a world player. We are a country to eke out some kind of sane, humble and hopefully happy existence in comparison to other places. We churn out raw materials and a few services such as education. That’s our lot in this era.

I might say, we are badly led, poorly managed, not very creative and wasteful.

But still an ok place to live for the moment, but headed backwards in many ways in my lifetime. Some things are better though. League is the same.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
Nrl isn’t the only sporting code in the world trying to get up and running though. I think I read EPL is desperate to get the ball rolling again soon and Europe is a war zone.

Of course any death is too many from this virus but Australia has this pandemic well under control imo. Not anywhere near the astronomical amount many predicted but it’s too early to be optimistic.

I can see atleast another month with these tight restrictions before we start easing back into our normal routine. Large gatherings (ie sporting crowds) will still be a long way off though so you can pretty much kiss attending an nrl game this year goodbye

Tiger05

First Grade
Personally I reckon the NRL is taking the wrong approach here. I wouldn't be pushing to get back so quickly.

I don't know how long this is going to take to get through but I think at least 6 months. My understanding is that China are now relaxing restrictions but they've had really tough restrictions in place. The issue is if they get a 2nd wave of infections once they relax restrictions.

stryker

First Grade
We have succeeded flattening the curve and keeping deaths to a minimum, however now the hard part begins...if we dont want to live with this thing for years, we need to kill it.
3 possible options on the table...

1. Full, total lockdown for a specified amount of time. No work outside of home, no excercise, borders closed etc...standard of life nose dives as does the economy.
2. We maintain current restrictions, maybe in a sanitized form until vaccines are released. Long road and many deaths ahead of us. Could be late spring of 2021.
3. Herd immunisation where the vulnerable are quarantined and 60% of the population are infected in a controlled manner. Potential for death count to reach 6 figures but it could be over with in a couple of months.

What would you choose? All are as f**ked as each other in their own ways. Id personally choose no.2 but itll be very hard and change life as we know it.

axl rose

Bench
We have succeeded flattening the curve and keeping deaths to a minimum, however now the hard part begins...if we dont want to live with this thing for years, we need to kill it.
3 possible options on the table...

1. Full, total lockdown for a specified amount of time. No work outside of home, no excercise, borders closed etc...standard of life nose dives as does the economy.
2. We maintain current restrictions, maybe in a sanitized form until vaccines are released. Long road and many deaths ahead of us. Could be late spring of 2021.
3. Herd immunisation where the vulnerable are quarantined and 60% of the population are infected in a controlled manner. Potential for death count to reach 6 figures but it could be over with in a couple of months.

What would you choose? All are as f**ked as each other in their own ways. Id personally choose no.2 but itll be very hard and change life as we know it.

1- Politicians would actually have to be serious about it. The QLD premier just allowed 100 Indigenous to mass gather for a funeral. And the blame game regarding the Ruby Princess being allowed to dock is still going on. If i had any faith in them to begin with it would be lost.

2- Yes that sounds sensible but actual infectious disease epidemiology experts say a vaccine is two years away minimum. All the 'miracle cures' and nonsense the profiteering media go on with is disgusting.

3- Politicians and journalists first.

I prefer the option one, with stricter lockdown procedures and pumping in more money to keep people in the basics.

The nrls response has been predictably self interested and there’s no chance this thing will be extinguished by the end of May and there should be no special arrangements for the nrl or any other sport.

These organisations need to accept that they only exist under a wider umbrella of resources provided to them by the hard working taxpayer and they have a duty to us to protect their people.

Players and officials are just going to have to live in the real world for awhile, roll with the punches and build up again some time in the future.

It’s not like they are being conscripted to fight in Vietnam or whatever by ballot.

From gross mismanagement, personal enrichment and playing copper, I hope the nrl crashes and burns and we replace it with an organisation that gives a f**k about the fans.

That includes, cheaper admission and free public transport to games and probably allowing a lot more competition and choice in the grounds themselves. Why are we paying $110 for a jersey when they might cost $10 to make? Tv subscriptions are too expensive and the same teams seem to get all the good players. Then we get a parade of perverted sickos such as those bulldog players and that club management gets a pat on the back. Ffs, it’s their responsibility. They should be sacked as a message to other clubs of their fate unless they vet their players properly.

No way my kids are going to school if nrl players are visiting.

Lets use these times to usher in change and something good for the average mug.

Don’t get me started on ex players in the media.

axl rose

Bench
Players and officials are just going to have to live in the real world for awhile, roll with the punches and build up again some time in the future.

It’s not like they are being conscripted to fight in Vietnam or whatever by ballot.

From gross mismanagement, personal enrichment and playing copper, I hope the nrl crashes and burns and we replace it with an organisation that gives a f**k about the fans.

That includes, cheaper admission and free public transport to games and probably allowing a lot more competition and choice in the grounds themselves. Why are we paying $110 for a jersey when they might cost $10 to make? Tv subscriptions are too expensive and the same teams seem to get all the good players. Then we get a parade of perverted sickos such as those bulldog players and that club management gets a pat on the back. Ffs, it’s their responsibility. They should be sacked as a message to other clubs of their fate unless they vet their players properly.

No way my kids are going to school if nrl players are visiting.

Don’t get me started on ex players in the media.

200.gif

axl rose

Bench
Then we get a parade of perverted sickos such as those bulldog players and that club management gets a pat on the back.

You know its interesting when Wayne Pearce came along in the 80s the media made fun of him for not drinking and being such a health fanatic and not a blokey boofy bogan. They would kill for few more role models like that now.

Last edited:
You know its 'funny' when Wayne Pearce came along in the 80s the media made fun of him for not drinking and being such a health fanatic and not a blokey boofy bogan. They would kill for few more role models like that now.

Lol That’s right.

The NRL under Greenberger will be known for player misbehaviour, rampant greed and selfishness.

He said it all when he desperately tried to avoid taking his own pay cut.

He’s was lecturing to players and officials with his fingers crossed behind his back.

He was always going to be caught. He misjudged that call really badly.

I think 99% of us forum folk would expect to have to take a haircut if we were dishing it out to others and telling people their lives are over.

More importantly, we would expect that human nature would lead players and others to ask us about our own personal sacrifice. Rightly or wrongly, the question would be asked. We would need an acceptable answer.

How he believed he could sweep that question under the carpet is beyond belief.

It really showed up as ignorance as much as alleged selfishness. A complete lack of understanding. He didn’t have the answer at first. Then he had a bad answer and finally a good one, but it was too late.

He set fire to himself.

He looked to be “on the take”, the boss of the game was on the take and people didn’t like it. It helped his detractors in the corridors of power. It was a severe embarrassment for what was left of his supporters.

Their was no big dinner or festive triumphant occasion with his passing into rugby league unconsciousness. It was just “ ffs bergster, hurry up and go before people ask us more questions.”

Not even the Souths guy wants the nrl job now. Too much of a pay cut as well I imagine!

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
Lol That’s right.

The NRL under Greenberger will be known for player misbehaviour, rampant greed and selfishness.

Why do they praise him so much for the job he did at the Bulldogs, which got him to top gig at the NRL. He clearly turned a blind eye to Ben Barbas behavior and to Ryan Tandys gambling issues. Yeah good job. Has anything good ever come out of the Bulldogs? I knew he would be a disaster.

Last edited:
Why do they praise him so much for the job he did at the Bulldogs, which got him to top gig at the NRL. He clearly turned a blind eye to Ben Barbas behavior and to Ryan Tandys gambling issues. Yeah good job. Has anything good ever come out of the Bulldogs? I knew he would be a disaster.

Yeah, as soon as everyone was talking him up I knew we had a disaster on our hands.

He got very finicky, fidgety and evasive when he was asked about his carriage of Barbara during his days at the bulldogs. There is no way he wouldn’t have known that young mate was a young dumb self centred pisshead whose driveway never quite reached the street. But he could play footy and that’s all that mattered.

Getting shitfaced and throwing rocks at his wife and mother of his three kids. He’s a grub and if he did it in the panthers car park, he would have been set upon by a lot of patrons and would have had to be rescued by their ss nazi security. They have some massive islander lads too. Good blokes but don’t duck with them.

Burger and a former premier went tough on stand downs, effectively playing the role of a private police force, court and jury without the requisite knowledge and experience in that area. Hundreds of people’s lives were and remain f**ked. Josh was lucky.

Then while revenues increased, he spent it like a yank sailor at the cross. He gave Cameron Smiths wife a $12,000 diamond encrusted teapot or whatever. That could get a lot of junior players into the right gear and help a lot of the men of league, lonely, in pain and impoverished in trailer parks on the mid north coast. Not her fault, but I doubt she’s struggling. A donation to a rape refuge or an aboriginal reserve to help with books etc might have been a more meaningful spend as well.

But this right to earn $1m while the game was imploding and telling everyone else to suffer was his first instinct. It felt good and right in his mind as he considered himself “ special”

That was about it as far as the clubs were concerned.

According to Kent, the clubs couldn’t stand him. He wouldn’t even talk to them.

He got his $4m out of us or whatever. Less tax, still a good earner. But the sport is more ducked than ever.

Players will have to get jobs as garbos again. Boo hoo?!

As nine suggested, the nrl was out of control. Not that they have any credibility in these things. Look at their selection of league commentators and experts ffs! If they were standing next to you at the footy, you’d slide away ten metres so you couldn’t hear them.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Yeah, as soon as everyone was talking him up I knew we had a disaster on our hands.

He got very finicky, fidgety and evasive when he was asked about his carriage of Barbara during his days at the bulldogs. There is no way he wouldn’t have known that young mate was a young dumb self centred pisshead whose driveway never quite reached the street. But he could play footy and that’s all that mattered.

Getting shitfaced and throwing rocks at his wife and mother of his three kids. He’s a grub and if he did it in the panthers car park, he would have been set upon by a lot of patrons and would have had to be rescued by their ss nazi security. They have some massive islander lads too. Good blokes but don’t duck with them.

Burger and a former premier went tough on stand downs, effectively playing the role of a private police force, court and jury without the requisite knowledge and experience in that area. Hundreds of people’s lives were and remain f**ked. Josh was lucky.

Then while revenues increased, he spent it like a yank sailor at the cross. He gave Cameron Smiths wife a $12,000 diamond encrusted teapot or whatever. That could get a lot of junior players into the right gear and help a lot of the men of league, lonely, in pain and impoverished in trailer parks on the mid north coast. Not her fault, but I doubt she’s struggling. A donation to a rape refuge or an aboriginal reserve to help with books etc might have been a more meaningful spend as well.

But this right to earn $1m while the game was imploding and telling everyone else to suffer was his first instinct. It felt good and right in his mind as he considered himself “ special”

That was about it as far as the clubs were concerned.

According to Kent, the clubs couldn’t stand him. He wouldn’t even talk to them.

He got his $4m out of us or whatever. Less tax, still a good earner. But the sport is more ducked than ever.

Players will have to get jobs as garbos again. Boo hoo?!

As nine suggested, the nrl was out of control. Not that they have any credibility in these things. Look at their selection of league commentators and experts ffs! If they were standing next to you at the footy, you’d slide away ten metres so you couldn’t hear them.
I haven’t see Kent so worked up on that podcast On Foxtel talking to Innes about Greenberg. There must be something to it .And thinking about that ring now it was a bad call...could only come from someone with a sense of entitlement ...but that’s where all the people in power end up if they don’t get moved on or if it’s a lifelong gig like China now and Russia ...The power takes them to another place that’s not reality..That's when they lose their way and the confidence of the people.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
I haven’t see Kent so worked up on that podcast On Foxtel talking to Innes about Greenberg. There must be something to it .And thinking about that ring now it was a bad call...could only come from someone with a sense of entitlement ...but that’s where all the people in power end up if they don’t get moved on or if it’s a lifelong gig like China now and Russia ...The power takes them to another place that’s not reality..That's when they lose their way and the confidence of the people.

Greenburger probably brushed him when Kent applied for a position in head office

There’s a lot of egos at work in the game.

Everybody trying to tell us how great and wonderful they are.

We are generally considered as mushrooms with no functioning memory. Sponges who will believe anything we are told.

Journalists have the advantage of rarely being under the spotlight themselves when they have their own agendas and self interest at heart.

I am pretty sure Kent knows a ton of stuff that he won’t or can’t expose. People leaking stuff to him to further their own ends and he would make a decision on where he goes with it.

I think he presents himself pretty well, he has a good vocabulary, he is more interesting than most of them and all that, but he picks his fights like everybody else.

Once you accept that nrl media has its own agenda, it just becomes another game to watch!

The sgi media experience with Mary is the most decrepit, broken and most openly biased assault on the mind-set of their long suffering members and fans in the long history of the game. It represents everything that is bad about the nrl media and why we can’t trust them. Their fans have lied to so often, they don’t expect the truth anymore.

Latest posts