What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Bench
The NRL is of course trying anything to get their money from Fox and Co. Some of the suggestions are laughable.
The NRL needs to accept there will not be any games this season. It’s not up to them now, the Government has placed restrictions on crowd numbers.
The corona virus will dictate when and how things will recover. But there is another factor in what happens after coronavirus. Most people will be at a worse financial then compared to before the virus.
It could take months for people to recover financially after the virus, some small businesses will not be there and other larger companies, in my opinion some of the larger businesses will see the coronavirus as a way to reduce their workforce by not rehiring those people who were made redundant, that is a fact and have openly said that.
I miss my league games but there is things at the moment that have more meaning

Drakon

Juniors
So potentially Indonesia has nothing to worry about then?
I'm sure they will all be pleased to hear that.
IMO human nature and behaviour will have a lot more to do with transmissions than temperatures.
Of course human nature and behaviour will have more to do with transmissions than temperature. I never said anything about that and certainly didn't suggest otherwise.

You are doing exactly what you accuse muzby of doing. Obfuscating the point by being aggressive and changing the subject. Your comment 'Indonesia has nothing to worry about then?' and 'Indonesia being pleased' is just simply being aggressive because I pointed out the truth as is known at this time.

BLM01

First Grade
Is there not a thread already for CoronaVirus discussion on this Forum where people could write their expert opinions to counter argue other expert opinions and some positivity statements that are being offered around.yet again by experts.. only to quickly hosed down by other experts. Funny that
Just saying...cant we keep thisparticular thread for rumours and rugby league

But we seem to have a few budding journo's amongst us...

Dragon David

First Grade
As per the news tonight on ch9.....

Chris Johns, ex Dragon / Bronco, has teamed up with Tangalooma Island resort want to house all 16 clubs, shuttle them to nominated grounds to play out the season.

Nice thought but are the players going to stay away from their families for 6 months?
Not likely. The guys being on the island for 6 months would go crazy and their partners/wives crazy as well particularly if they have young children. It would probably be a similar scenario when the sailor boys go off for long periods without being with family and friends I guess.

Dragon David

First Grade
Anything Chris Johns suggests, I would disregard straight away. He was well and truely involved with the debacle called Super League with John Ribot DeWanker. That set the game on a course of greed and treachery that is still evident to this day.
The game needs a huge adjustment back to the future with astute financial control and payment adjustments to survive.
Chris Johns can go and get stuffed......probably a share holder in that resort as well!
You are right. Greed and treachery abounded when Super League came about. It brought overpricing in a lot of areas of rugby league particularly with player salaries and administrative costs and with this current stagnation of play due to this virus, Peter V'Landy must make those adjustments to bring the situation back to reality and an acceptable financial position for the game to survive.

Dragon David

First Grade
The NRL is of course trying anything to get their money from Fox and Co. Some of the suggestions are laughable.
The NRL needs to accept there will not be any games this season. It’s not up to them now, the Government has placed restrictions on crowd numbers.
The corona virus will dictate when and how things will recover. But there is another factor in what happens after coronavirus. Most people will be at a worse financial then compared to before the virus.
It could take months for people to recover financially after the virus, some small businesses will not be there and other larger companies, in my opinion some of the larger businesses will see the coronavirus as a way to reduce their workforce by not rehiring those people who were made redundant, that is a fact and have openly said that.
I miss my league games but there is things at the moment that have more meaning
So true 2010.

Old Timer

Coach
Of course human nature and behaviour will have more to do with transmissions than temperature. I never said anything about that and certainly didn't suggest otherwise.

You are doing exactly what you accuse muzby of doing. Obfuscating the point by being aggressive and changing the subject. Your comment 'Indonesia has nothing to worry about then?' and 'Indonesia being pleased' is just simply being aggressive because I pointed out the truth as is known at this time.
You and muzby seem to think many things are aggressive when in fact they are not intended to be such so a matter of interpretation I suppose
Obviously there must be somebody who told you all how to react and interpret such things and therefore it should be taken as gospel and your interpretation must be correct.
For the record calling me offhand or flippant might have been more appropriate on your part

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Is there anything new ion the Bennett returning to SGI rumour? It seems to have run out of oxygen very quickly.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Is there anything new ion the Bennett returning to SGI rumour? It seems to have run out of oxygen very quickly.

Not sure if it was a definite rumour or someones wishful thinking.

Bennett wouldn't come cheap, and add that on top of Mc85's payout, it probably wouldn't be a smart financial move. Yes, hiring Bennett would, no doubt, create a surge in membership numbers, however, the same surge may even happen just with the announcement of Mc85's sacking.

blacksafake

First Grade
This would be the best possible thing for the club at this stage.
Three or four years ago I would have jumped at this but imo the time has passed.
With all due respect to one of the greatest coaches in history I feel that we would be back in the sh*t when he is gone.Sure he'd come in & clean the joint out with the sole intention of immediate success but what happens when he leaves or has to retire due to his age/health.Most likely our cap would be in all over the joint & we'd most likely end up with another rookie coach trying to fix the mess.
Just my opinion.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Three or four years ago I would have jumped at this but imo the time has passed.
With all due respect to one of the greatest coaches in history I feel that we would be back in the sh*t when he is gone.Sure he'd come in & clean the joint out with the sole intention of immediate success but what happens when he leaves or has to retire due to his age/health.Most likely our cap would be in all over the joint & we'd most likely end up with another rookie coach trying to fix the mess.
Just my opinion.

Respectfully disagree on this one.

Bennett signing up for 2 years would be best case scenario.
He signs on, brings his people with him, likely brings a player or two from Souths (Cam Murray to replace Tyson would be ideal, apparently they are very close).
You have to remember, Flanno is our assistant coach and I can't see Bennett turfing someone of his quality. That is a f**king lethal coaching team, having those two at the helm.

The long term strategic plan would be:

- Bennett for 21 and 22.
- Bennett either brings players with him, but even if he doesn't, the club is now more attractive for players on the market to come to us.
- Bennett retires at the end of 22.
- Flanno, once his ban ends, steps into the role for 23 and beyond.
- We get to keep the players Bennett attracted, plus a premiership winning coach replaces him.

blacksafake

First Grade

He signs on, brings his people with him, likely brings a player or two from Souths (Cam Murray to replace Tyson would be ideal, apparently they are very close).
You have to remember, Flanno is our assistant coach and I can't see Bennett turfing someone of his quality. That is a f**king lethal coaching team, having those two at the helm.

- Bennett for 21 and 22.
- Bennett either brings players with him, but even if he doesn't, the club is now more attractive for players on the market to come to us.
- We get to keep the players Bennett attracted, plus a premiership winning coach replaces him.
I can go with this just as long as it is Flanagan or similar & no rookie.

qld redvee

Juniors

- Bennett for 21 and 22.

As long as wayne doesnt get rid of promising juniours and leave us in a player mess like when he went to the knights . we just need a strong coach that can bring through and develop players

TomRedVRiver

Bench
As long as wayne doesnt get rid of promising juniours and leave us in a player mess like when he went to the knights . we just need a strong coach that can bring through and develop players

I think he's learnt from that mistake.
Look at the Broncos right now. Haas, Fifita, Flegler, Carrigan, TPJ, Staggs. All young juniors he cultivated, with plenty more coming through. Didn't sabotage that when he left.

He's doing the same at Souths.

SGMax

Juniors
This rumour never made sense.
I would love to have Bennett back but....

Why would Bennett be dissatisfied at the Bunnies because he has been given a succession plan then come to the Dragons for a succession plan involving Flanagan or whoever?
If true, I would welcome him as long as could keep the Dragons seriously competing for the premiership.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Just my opinion.

l agree, Blackers,
The best thing the club can do is sack McGregor and build for the future from the ground up.
Select the right coach and players will come / stay.
Frizz couldn’t see the end of the McGregor tunnel and the club and fans have paid the price. Others have already followed and will continue to.
We need to find a workable way for Flanagan to succeed at our club, whether it be short or long term.

The calm one

Juniors
I haven't been back to the forest to converse with Owen. Please remember, when Owen informed me of this, it was before the NRL realised they were broke and before the mid season break because some of us have the sniffles. Stay calm.