What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Is V’landys taking a pay cut equal to the players and Greenberg? Hope so.

But i would guarantee that he is currently happy to accept his full racing wage?

Canard

Immortal
Betting turn over was higher on the Everest than it was for the Caulfield Cup on the same day.

And if it was such a nothing event why did the Vicmongs try and copy it with the All Plod Mile???

I’m not sure on what kind of job V’Landy’s will do for RL but he has done an outstanding one for NSW racing. Sure nothing beats the Spring carnival but he has made NSW Racing matter after September when normally it’s totally forgotten until March the next year.

The Caulfield Cup is the special bogan cousin of Vic Racing. It's like beating the Dragons in Round 3 and declaring yourself the premier's.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Caulfield Cup is the special bogan cousin of Vic Racing. It's like beating the Dragons in Round 3 and declaring yourself the premier's.
Ummmm it's one of the 4 majors in Aus, and i'm pretty sure it's the richest 2400m handicap race in the world.

But yeah i'm sure you knew that you racing expert, as i said bag him all you like as chairman of the ARLC but anyone questioning the work he has done at NSW racing has NFI.

Canard

Immortal
Ummmm it's one of the 4 majors in Aus, and i'm pretty sure it's the richest 2400m handicap race in the world.

But yeah i'm sure you knew that you racing expert, as i said bag him all you like as chairman of the ARLC but anyone questioning the work he has done at NSW racing has NFI.

With 3 of them being in Melbourne.

I'm not questioning what he has done for the most corrupt sport in the world, I'm laughing at the claim that he has beaten the Melbourne racing industry, by introducing one plastic event.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

I'm not questioning what he has done for the most corrupt sport in the world, I'm laughing at the claim that he has beaten the Melbourne racing industry, by introducing one plastic event.
Where did i say that??? I I said after September racing NSW is forgotten until March but now with events like the Everest, the Golden Eagle and the Gong and the Wave going all the way until November. Nothing tops the spring carnival but NSW now has a footprint into November something that wouldn't of been an option until a few years ago. And it's such a plastic event that no one cares about the Vics tried to copy their own version with the All Plod Mile........

Canard

Immortal
Where did i say that??? I I said after September racing NSW is forgotten until March but now with events like the Everest, the Golden Eagle and the Gong and the Wave going all the way until November. Nothing tops the spring carnival but NSW now has a footprint into November something that wouldn't of been an option until a few years ago. And it's such a plastic event that no one cares about the Vics tried to copy their own version with the All Plod Mile........

@Danish said it.

And I responded saying that was laughable, and you took issue with it.

Try to read.

Danish

Referee

Well they have been immense pissants about the Everest and general Sydney spring racing for a few years now. Vetoing Group 1 status for the Everest, demanding date changes, complaining about encroaching on their precious derby day. And every time they've tried to throw their weight around to force changed racing NSW has told them to get nicked.

So yes I'd say he is doing a great number on the Victorians.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
@Danish said it.

And I responded saying that was laughable, and you took issue with it.

Try to read.
I just stated how big the event has become in just 3 years, and then you tried to downplay the Caulfield Cup as a shitty nothing race which is actually laughable. He might not have spanked the Vics but he has taken a lot of ground of them the last decade to the point they have tried to have them change the race dates and he has responded with a GTFO. They even offered to change the Everest into a Group 1 if they did. But but but but but it's a nothing plastic event.

By racing events like the Everest on Caulfield Cup day and the Golden Eagle on Derby day he has pissed them off and taken attention and betting turn over away from their big meetings. Spanked maybe no but taken massive ground off them and put massive pressure back on them is a yes.

Canard

Immortal
Well they have been immense pissants about the Everest and general Sydney spring racing for a few years now. Vetoing Group 1 status for the Everest, demanding date changes, complaining about encroaching on their precious derby day. And every time they've tried to throw their weight around to force changed racing NSW has told them to get nicked.

So yes I'd say he is doing a great number on the Victorians.
I just stated how big the event has become in just 3 years, and then you tried to downplay the Caulfield Cup as a shitty nothing race which is actually laughable. He might not have spanked the Vics but he has taken a lot of ground of them the last decade to the point they have tried to have them change the race dates and he has responded with a GTFO. They even offered to change the Everest into a Group 1 if they did. But but but but but it's a nothing plastic event.

By racing events like the Everest on Caulfield Cup day and the Golden Eagle on Derby day he has pissed them off and taken attention and betting turn over away from their big meetings. Spanked maybe no but taken massive ground off them and put massive pressure back on them is a yes.

Mate, for Melbourne people the Caufield Cup is pretty low rent, it only attracts around 30k, and its held in a suburban race course. Its coverage in the press is always, look at all the bogans getting pissed in suburban streets. Whereas, Flemington and Moonee Valley have many more bogans getting pissed away from houses...... From a social perspective (and crowds) the Flemington Carnival and Cox Plate far outshine it.

Vlandys asked for the Melbourne Cup race date to change, funny how your both silent on that.

Somewhat irrelevant anyway, he won't be involved with the NRL by the end of the year. In all likelihood the ARLC won't even be a thing in 2021.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah I’m sure V’Landy’s was serious :neutral_face:

He was taking the piss, just upsetting the Mexicans which worked because they were frothing at the mouth.

Danish

Referee
Mate, for Melbourne people the Caufield Cup is pretty low rent, it only attracts around 30k, and its held in a suburban race course. Its coverage in the press is always, look at all the bogans getting pissed in suburban streets. Whereas, Flemington and Moonee Valley have many more bogans getting pissed away from houses...... From a social perspective (and crowds) the Flemington Carnival and Cox Plate far outshine it.

Vlandys asked for the Melbourne Cup race date to change, funny how your both silent on that.

Somewhat irrelevant anyway, he won't be involved with the NRL by the end of the year. In all likelihood the ARLC won't even be a thing in 2021.

He "asked" for the date change after the Victorians demanded Everest and a couple other races be changed. Basically said that our races needed to be on those dates for good reasons, so maybe they could push their carnival down the road a bit if they wanted to avoid clashes.

He was trolling them

Canard

Immortal
He "asked" for the date change after the Victorians demanded Everest and a couple other races be changed. Basically said that our races needed to be on those dates for good reasons, so maybe they could push their carnival down the road a bit if they wanted to avoid clashes.

He was trolling them

You seem to apply your Trump blindspot to everyone.

When its your buddies, "he be trolling", but when its the other way around "they are frothing!!!!"

Like I said the guy is irrelevant. He won't have anything to do with Rugby League within a few months.

Reactions: abc

magpie_man

Juniors
I don't know the bloke from a bar of soap but I will give him this: he has managed to solve the biggest existential issue that has been plaguing the game for 100+ years; and it's been staring us in the face this whole time.
No longer will we, embarrassingly, have to share a name with those genetically-shallow wowsers from the bastions; from henceforth we are a RUGBA league.

Dodgy

Juniors
I'm not going to deny whatever trolling may've worked against Victorians. But I'm saying his impact isn't as big a deal as what is being made.

For most (A lot?) of the Victorian public, the Caulfield Cup comes and goes. The Melbourne Cup is a day off, and a boring one at that. There's no skin off the nose to cut down Melbourne horse racing.

It'd be like taking the Grand Prix off Melbourne. The Vic government/business would get wound up about such a loss. But a lot of the public wouldn't give a shit, and even be happy if it's held in Sydney.

Vlandys just seems to be a slightly more intelligent, slightly less offensive Tony Cochrane

parrawentyfan

Juniors
What concerns me most about Vlandys is that the Daily Telegraph seem to like him. It might be a bit unfair on him but that immediately makes me question him.

I also despise the racing industry so for him to head that up in NSW speaks to his character in my point of view. It is a shady shady place and to be at the top of that world is a worry.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt though.

Latest posts