What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expansion Team Names

MugaB

Coach
why, both teams are tigers, have been for decades, more so,
there are 2 seagull teams in QLD CUP

there is 2 MAGPIES teams in NSW cup

what about the BRISBANE BANDICOOTS , or NUMBATS lol
No one wants 2 of the same mascot in 1st grade, just coz lower grade does it, dont mean anything, if Wests Tigers agree to change or revert to magpies, then yes Easts Tigers can happen until then it won't happen,
In my opinion Easts Tigers and Redcliffe Dolphins should create a joint bid, and go with "Easts Dolphins"
And Western Corridor + Bombers bid create a "Brisbane Barons"

blue bags

First Grade
ok thats good, but , the names bombers, barons , just does not do it for me , you need to be exciting to sponsors, fans, children, to get them involved
you get them in, then start winning games, then you have them

The Great Dane

First Grade
why, both teams are tigers, have been for decades, more so,
there are 2 seagull teams in QLD CUP

there is 2 MAGPIES teams in NSW cup

what about the BRISBANE BANDICOOTS , or NUMBATS lol

Having two teams with the same name/theme totally unnecessarily complicates things, it's also confusing for people to have two teams with the same mascot, especially people that are new to the sport or competition.

It's silly when lower tier competitions do it, but it'd be especially silly for the top tier to do it.

It's especially stupid in the case of Easts Tigers because there're plenty of ways that they could keep a connection to their tiger brand without having a tiger mascot, they just have to be a little creative.

The Great Dane

First Grade
No one wants 2 of the same mascot in 1st grade, just coz lower grade does it, dont mean anything, if Wests Tigers agree to change or revert to magpies, then yes Easts Tigers can happen until then it won't happen,
In my opinion Easts Tigers and Redcliffe Dolphins should create a joint bid, and go with "Easts Dolphins"
And Western Corridor + Bombers bid create a "Brisbane Barons"
In the right context Barons could be a cool brand, Brisbane doesn't have that context, especially the way you are trying to use it.

So can you please stop spamming it everywhere.

blue bags

First Grade
saber tooth tigers are legends
images
images
images
images

Last edited:

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
That was penriths 2003 colors, id say go for it, but you really have to nail that jersey design or it will be hard to mix those colors to work, panthers were lucky they were purely black with a few trims of those colors
I was thinking something like this for the Krakens kit.
Krakens Jersey.png

T-Boon

Coach
Bowerbirds. These are a cool animal. Very human in their sexual practices.
Only found in Australia and PNG.
Either Brisbane Bowerbird or maybe Queensland Bowerbirds.

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
Just a concept I came up with. Happy to hear peoples' opinions. I have purposely left out an area/region as I believe this can be flexible. I was thinking either Nth Brisbane Rays or Moreton (Bay) Rays.

View attachment 33264

Thought I'd dabble a little into a Home & Alternate/Away jersey design for the Moreton Bay Rays concept from earlier. I've heard a lot of people say that the orange and teal combo would be good, so here is my take on it.
Rays Jersey.png

mistertaylor

Juniors
Thought I'd dabble a little into a Home & Alternate/Away jersey design for the Moreton Bay Rays concept from earlier. I've heard a lot of people say that the orange and teal combo would be good, so here is my take on it.
View attachment 37228

Looks good. With that colour set I think you'd want black to be the dominant colour in the jersey, with teal and orange accents. The orange dominant strip works well as an away jersey, and the teal could be used as a Nines/Alternate strip

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
Looks good. With that colour set I think you'd want black to be the dominant colour in the jersey, with teal and orange accents. The orange dominant strip works well as an away jersey, and the teal could be used as a Nines/Alternate strip
Yeah, I did think about that option and ideally I would prefer more black but though that would start to look too much like the Wests Tigers that way, hence the majority orange.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Any qld expansion club is basing their identity primarily off an anti-Broncos position.

The most obvious “f*ck you, Broncos” and a mascot that rides a horse. Its why Cowboys is so perfect for the 2nd qld team

(And trying to avoid this has always been one of the great failures of the GC clubs)

Brisbane Butchers with navy and white vertical stripes. Too perfect.

Brisbane Brumbies.

That should irk the Broncos just a smidgen.

And this club will be on the market soon.

Use their colours for Brisbane 2.

Should irk NQ a bit too.

Let the rivalries commence!!!

330px-Brumbies_Rugby_logo.svg.png

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors
I really like the idea I found on here (can’t remember who) for a 2nd Brisbane team.

I like the Brisbane Browns with a Brown Snake as their logo.

You can borrow the designs from the Cleveland Browns and the colours to me fit QLD

Some people may have issues with it matching the NFL team but I think the Brown snake aspect makes it original