What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

lockyno1

Post Whore
Im not normally one for conspiracy theories but f**k me hasn't this shit show helped Fed and his legacy

Yes and no. Wimbledon was going to be Fed’s last even remote chance. In a way Novak and Rafa get a rest for once. The French and US Opens are still on this year at this stage.

LatK7

First Grade
Im not normally one for conspiracy theories but f**k me hasn't this shit show helped Fed and his legacy

If Wimbledon turns out to be the only major off the calendar, then this hurts Fed the most.

Everyone will come in fresh, whether it be later this year or next season. This is huge for players who struggle with injury, including Nadal. With an extended break it will be the players who click into gear quickly who will benefit. Fed falls into that category, but seriously the guy will be 39 this year. His ability to stay competitive post 35 has been impressive, but another come back after a lengthy period away following knee surgery is nuts. Can't expect much from him. Djokovic/Nadal will grab most of the majors when the tour resumes as there's no ATG 5/6 years their junior to challenge.

Fwiw, the current 'plan' for RG & USO is farcical. Logistically, I don't even know how they'd manage to get players into France & the US to even play the events.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yes and no. Wimbledon was going to be Fed’s last even remote chance. In a way Novak and Rafa get a rest for once. The French and US Opens are still on this year at this stage.

There is next to no chance that the US open will be played this year, and as for the French being rescheduled a couple of weeks after the US open is pretty much pie in the sky.Hopefully we can kick start the tennis season with the Australian summer next year.

lockyno1

Post Whore
There is next to no chance that the US open will be played this year, and as for the French being rescheduled a couple of weeks after the US open is pretty much pie in the sky.Hopefully we can kick start the tennis season with the Australian summer next year.

Still months away and there’s no reason they can’t play two Slams in Nov to Dec if need be. There’s a long time till either are scheduled who knows.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Still months away and there’s no reason they can’t play two Slams in Nov to Dec if need be. There’s a long time till either are scheduled who knows.

Still next to no chance this year i reckon, especially the US open in New York but everything is so unknown at the moment so who knows.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Still next to no chance this year i reckon, especially the US open in New York but everything is so unknown at the moment so who knows.

Who knows, probably know more towards August- September. There may be anti-viral drugs being available by then and that could be enough to play the tennis. Who honestly knows though, we are all guessing.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Australian tennis great Ashley Cooper has died aged 83, he reached world no 1 and won the Australian Open, Us Open and Wimbledon, he also was part of the Australian winning Davis Cup team in 1957.

LatK7

First Grade
Australian tennis great Ashley Cooper has died aged 83, he reached world no 1 and won the Australian Open, Us Open and Wimbledon, he also was part of the Australian winning Davis Cup team in 1957.

RIP. A big piece of Australia's tennis legacy has been lost.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'm not sure what's worse; Djoker's antics or the hilariously melodramatic lineswoman.

It was a tennis ball, not a cricket ball.

Still, poor behaviour from Novak.

Danish

Referee
I'm not sure what's worse; Djoker's antics or the hilariously melodramatic lineswoman.

It was a tennis ball, not a cricket ball.

Still, poor behaviour from Novak.

Italian soccer footballers think that line woman is dramatic.

should have just threatened to kill her. That’s all good according to the US open (if your first name is Serena anyway)

t-ba

Post Whore
Nick Kyrgios has been on top of his posting game all year and I'm here for it

Djokovic is not having a good year...He's been so boring most of his career and this year he has been projecting mad Balkan energy. He needs a family member to get kicked out of a grand slam complaining about the price of fish and chips.

saint.nick

Coach
I can't stand the US Open, by far the worst grand slam. The players don't take it as seriously, there's always some stupid sideshow drama and the crowd are obnoxious Americans

Valheru

Coach
As far as tennis tantrums go it was lower tier but it hit the ball person and you can't do that.

Nick is of course right as usual, if it were him the lynch mob would be out.

LatK7

First Grade
Some gems from the archives coming out, including Djokovic bouncing his racket into the crowd, firing it at the WTF crowd and narrowly missing a linesman in RG 2016 after throwing it again...came about an inch from missing out on his lone RG title. As well, he had a go at journalists asking him about potential negative repercussions from this behaviour, which he thought was ridiculous.

I guess it was bound to happen eventually. He actually belted the ball to the side of the court a couple of minutes before the incident and avoided a warning.

Latest posts