What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We may have a Problem...

Richard Norton

Juniors
Hear me out.
Over the last few years, we have been known for good starts to the year and then fading out around midyear or just before.
It now looks like the season will resume, all be it a shorter season.
What happens if, we jump out the blocks now, win 11 or 12 or so out of 15 games....
That is possible, we have started other years on fire.
That would mean Mary McNo-idea saves his job with out the risk of mid season fade out by the players.
I want to support our boys onto victory every game, but it kills me to do it cause it means Marys career here is extended if we win.
The board need to make a decision before the comp resumes that Mary wont be with us anymore.
Sack him before resumption of the comp and bring someonel else in.
Bring in Toovey, put shephard as care taker coach till seasons end, anything, JUST RID THIS GREAT CLUB OF MARY ALREADY!!!!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So Mary is the problem?
source.gif

sa1nt5

Juniors
Hear me out.
Over the last few years, we have been known for good starts to the year and then fading out around midyear or just before.
What happens if, we jump out the blocks now, win 11 or 12 or so out of 15 games....
That would mean Mary McNo-idea saves his job with out the risk of mid season fade out by the players.
I want to support our boys onto victory every game, but it kills me to do it cause it means Marys career here is extended if we win.
The board need to make a decision before the comp resumes that Mary wont be with us anymore.
Bring in Toovey, put shephard as care taker coach till seasons end, anything, JUST RID THIS GREAT CLUB OF MARY ALREADY!!!!
Although you make valid points, and winning the next 12 games, should the season restart, is a very real possibility, with a near unanimous league wide determination that should the season end after 14 rounds, the Saints are certainties, after all that is how we acquired the chokers tag.
But there is one thing missing from our ability to blow all comers off the park early in the year.
Gareth Widdop.

That’s why we blazed through the first 12 rounds.

One bloke can carry McGregor only so far.
Sack McGregor and Widdop will come back, we may also see Friz perform his first backflip

Walpole

Juniors
Hear me out.
We just got beaten by Wests and Penrith.

Somehow I don't think we need to "worry" about winning anything.

Although at this point, Mary was only 160 minutes away from starting the season undefeated.

redv13

Bench
2020 season is done. Mcflop is safe for another season but 2021 is his final year of his contract :fingers_crossed_tone1::fingers_crossed_tone1::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

dragon thomo

Juniors
Its not going to happen. We have lost our first two games and the way we played in both of those i think we will be lucky to win any.
Our attack is crap and with dropping so much ball and running one out in the forwards we fatigue a lot quicker.
That is a big reason we are letting in a lot of tries.
Until the coach goes our team will not improve.

Gareth67

First Grade
I have exhausted my supply of superlatives to describe the coaching situation over the last 7 odd years .

My biggest concern about our maestro and his minders in the boardroom is that they have proved themselves to be resilient to every type of criticism and yet still they continue on .

It may take a act of God to remove them , so as the fans of the club may finally have some peace of mind .

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
2020 is a write off. Probably a good thing for the club.
Now they only have 1 more year of Mary before they can move Flanno into the head role and don't have to put in a caretaker coach for 2021. Its worked out well.
Us fans are also spared a year of heartache, we were heading towards a start of 1 win from first 10 if the season had of gone on.

BLM01

First Grade
Hear me out.
No dont worry about 8 in a row...those days are passed. .... more in reality I look forward to the idea of the wooden spoon playoff in the fimals for this year....has Mc9 or McFlunk got what it takes there to bring us a trophy