What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

taipan

Referee
Yep lean on me, stirs the emotions ,particularly when on occasions you are having a downer over family issues.
Simple songs with a hell of a message.

Quigs

Immortal
Bill Withers sad hey. Saw a great doco on him once. He had this great saying Ive always remembered it.

"One of the things I always tell my kids is that it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right," "When you get to all right, take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go."

Another great singer songwriter, John Prine has died at the age of 73. Had the pleasure of seeing him at Womadelaide in 1993, just him and his guitar on the main stage, was the highlight of the Saturday night.. I'll see if I can post an article about him that doesn't have a paywall.

carcharias

Immortal
Another great singer songwriter, John Prine has died at the age of 73. Had the pleasure of seeing him at Womadelaide in 1993, just him and his guitar on the main stage, was the highlight of the Saturday night.. I'll see if I can post an article about him that doesn't have a paywall.

Love seeing artists playing solo .
A couple I’ve seen
Tim Rogers
Evan Dando
don Mclean ( through a window outside the venue)
very cool.

carcharias

Immortal
Tim Brooke-Taylor of The Goodies dies of covid-19 aged 79.
I looooved The Goodies as a kid

one of the greatest shows ever made.
I only looked at a few of Bills songs on YouTube yesterday...I was seeing if the guitar parts were on there .

Tim was hilarious.
I also saw a show as a kid called Grasshopper island.
It was on the ABC , about these kids who run away to grasshopper island.
It ended and I never saw it again.
Then a few years ago I was thinking about it and googled it.
A little web page ... you can buy it on DVD.
It was originally a book.
The webpage was run by the author.
Anyway I get this DVD with a handwritten letter from the Author as well.
I watch it with my kids
Bloody hell ...is that Tim Brooke Taylor!!!
I check the DVD cover and yep sure enough he was in it.
Dressed as a woman of course.

here about 2.22 in.

Last edited:

Latest posts