What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

With The Benefit Of Hindsight....

Bazal

Post Whore
I recall he won us 3 games in a row in 2004, by kicking sideline conversions.

As well as steering back to back (I think) comebacks against the Warriors and NQ in 2003.

I think if he came through at a different club or at a time with less pressure on Eels halfbacks he'd be remembered as a very good footballer. Being at the Eels, and then getting a huge contract for a rookie, and then being cut loose almost straight away I feel like it messed him up and he wasn't the same after.

Eelementary

Post Whore
As well as steering back to back (I think) comebacks against the Warriors and NQ in 2003.

I think if he came through at a different club or at a time with less pressure on Eels halfbacks he'd be remembered as a very good footballer. Being at the Eels, and then getting a huge contract for a rookie, and then being cut loose almost straight away I feel like it messed him up and he wasn't the same after.

I agree, mate - I remember a kid who had a lot of talent, but struggled at the Eels.

He went to the Warriors, and Manly, and had a decent career - but he never reached his full potential.

I enjoyed watching him play, though.

Bazal

Post Whore
My favourite Witty memory was when I think Mick Crocker or someone thugged it up again and threw a punch at him, and Witt just towelled him up in the blink of an eye

Eelementary

Post Whore
My favourite Witty memory was when I think Mick Crocker or someone thugged it up again and threw a punch at him, and Witt just towelled him up in the blink of an eye

Yeah, I remember that!

The commentators were saying that Witty was a junior boxing champion, or something, a d were laughing their heads off when Witty cleaned his clock!

Latest posts