What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to prepare properly

Richard Norton

Juniors
Hey guys, so Friz has officially said he signed with Newcastle.
It hasnt been registered but it will be in time.
So, moving forward, we have Tyrell ready to go as a younger Friz style player.
With the players coming off contract, and we have a few "first graders" (term used loosely) on that list, who do we realistically target?
What position do you guys think need strengthening from outside our squad?
We definetly need 1 or 2 front rowers.
With Ford and Host we have backrow depth.
Vaughan and kerr can start, but with no JDB and no Graham next year, we are thin up front.
2 more big boppers needed.
I think Williame and Lomax will be starting centres next year.
But we dont have ready to go depth.
1 more first grade proven centre needed.
We are ok for wingers, Rava JP, Saab, and some youngsters can step in.
Fullback, it all falls onto Ramsey, if he struggles, we need to secure a star Fullback.
Our halves are signed, so realistically they will be the dame in 2021.
Iv got us down as needing 2 first grade ready and solid front rowers, a superstar fullback maybe, and a first grade proven centre.
What do the rest of you think we need?
And yes yes i know, we need a new coach.
Try keep this realistic in regards to players.
Would love to hear what some of think.

Richard Norton

Juniors
Mate I don't care if we sign no one else and keep what we have , but want Mary gone as well as the Young's especially The Dad who is a dinosaur .....
Mate i get that, and im sure they will be moved on.
But what about the actual team. Where do you see we need strengthening for next year?

TruSaint

Referee
Hey guys, so Friz has officially said he signed with Newcastle.
It hasnt been registered but it will be in time.
So, moving forward, we have Tyrell ready to go as a younger Friz style player.
With the players coming off contract, and we have a few "first graders" (term used loosely) on that list, who do we realistically target?
What position do you guys think need strengthening from outside our squad?
We definetly need 1 or 2 front rowers.
With Ford and Host we have backrow depth.
Vaughan and kerr can start, but with no JDB and no Graham next year, we are thin up front.
2 more big boppers needed.
I think Williame and Lomax will be starting centres next year.
But we dont have ready to go depth.
1 more first grade proven centre needed.
We are ok for wingers, Rava JP, Saab, and some youngsters can step in.
Fullback, it all falls onto Ramsey, if he struggles, we need to secure a star Fullback.
Our halves are signed, so realistically they will be the dame in 2021.
Iv got us down as needing 2 first grade ready and solid front rowers, a superstar fullback maybe, and a first grade proven centre.
What do the rest of you think we need?
And yes yes i know, we need a new coach.
Try keep this realistic in regards to players.
Would love to hear what some of think.

Enjoy your thoughts, but mate there is a thread for this. Better we keep it all under the one banner.

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/...ure-looking-team.476357/page-61#post-14064130

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Most importantly probably a prop. Tyrell or Ford will replace Tyson no problem. Wiliame looks good at left centre, Ramsey will be a year older so may well jag 1 or a wing spot. Lomax will either play 1 or right centre. Saab will be a year older and hopefully slightly more filled out, hopefully he jags a spot. So for me a left winger, and a premier prop plus resign JDB if he beats his charges.

redVinme

Juniors
Looking at what's available it's looking a bit bleak up front but even though it'd never happen I'd love brown and kane Evans from Parra. I think Evans finished the year really strongly and has always had potential. Brown is a no brainier for jdb. He will lift the tempo of the line speed. In the backs I'd go hard for JAC. Everyone's salaries are shot so at least shoot your shot.

Graham for Evan would leave us change left over
JDB for Brown
Euie and lafai for JAC
Their spots replaced by fegai bros fighting for firsts.

So something like

Ramsey
Saab
Williame
Lomax
JAC
Hunt
Clune. f**k it Cody walker is doing OK
Vaughn
Mcinnes
Evans
Sims
Tyrell
Brown

I'd aim to have more leg speed in the bench props once the defence is tired but seeing they are all decent I'd look to rotate the starter and bench props to keep everyone fresh

Kerr
Lawrie/blacker/Sims
Ford to cover centre and rotate into starting 2nd row to rest Sims and Tyrell throughout the year. I think selecting a bench with Sims and Tyrell coming on for impact some games with Ford and host starting could provide some real point of difference and good minutes to the young blokes.
4th bench would depend on who we were playing.

Anyways we still have Mary so maybe it's just the COVID isolation talking.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Mate i get that, and im sure they will be moved on.
But what about the actual team. Where do you see we need strengthening for next year?

1-6 needs a complete revamp.

It’s as simple as that. Lomax is the only one who should be kept, everyone else has to be replaced. Elsewhere, a couple of props need to be recruited. Of course as already mentioned, no one of note will turn up as a result of McGregor’s presence. Again, that reality is treally that simple.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Our recruitment process is managed by crisis.
No No No (is that you Gus?)
It's actually managed by "golden opportunities" that miraculously present themselves to us and as if by some kind of magic no other club ever beats us to those signings or extensions for that matter either.

Bench
Doesn’t matter who we sign, but we will never get a (superstar) player in any position under our current excuse for a coach.
The only way that would entice a player would be a new coaching team. We would
need to show that we are competitive.
We should look in our back yard to identify which of our juniors can transition to first grade

hazzbeen

Bench
Doesn’t matter who we sign, but we will never get a (superstar) player in any position under our current excuse for a coach.
The only way that would entice a player would be a new coaching team. We would
need to show that we are competitive.
We should look in our back yard to identify which of our juniors can transition to first grade
The whole club has become a basket case ......

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
1-6 needs a complete revamp.

It’s as simple as that. Lomax is the only one who should be kept, everyone else has to be replaced. Elsewhere, a couple of props need to be recruited. Of course as already mentioned, no one of note will turn up as a result of McGregor’s presence. Again, that reality is treally that simple.
I’d keep Wiliame, Clune I’d play in the halves until Sullivan is ready. Ramsay would play 1, Saab I’d also keep. From there I’d buy a 5/8 and winger of high quality.

Belta

Juniors
Who knows what recruitment will do but if we say

Aitken
Lafai
Graham
JDB
Frizz

are at minimum gone,

Looking at whose off contract, our pack needs bolstering David Fafiita would be the ultimate replacement but anyone of Tom Eisenhuth, Kane Evans, Herman ESE-ESE, Bateman, Hipgrave and 50/50 on Fatalia-Mariner, in the forwards would help.

not many stick out in the available backs except Suli.

Maybe Cotric and because our backs never threaten I think you could pickup Brenko Lee cheap. Sulli and either Lee or Rav would be damaging as centres, I’d still have Lomax as fullback, Cotric and Saab as wingers,

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
So you wouldn’t keep Wiliame? He’s looked great in the trials and first two games. Not too many on the market we’d get for his price as good as him.

A couple of games (one against the Tigers) doesn’t make an NRL player. Williame’s history and that no other club pursued him concerns me greatly. A recommendation from Trent Barrett means Sweet FA.

Time will tell.