What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

LINESPEED

Juniors
At least some league sites are finally getting it. I would hope some other league journalists would for once, cover the demise in our coaching instead of being a best pal of McIdiot.
The truth is out there, it’s not hard to find

Most journos go belly up & softcock when it comes to confronting the shortcomings of a multimillionaire/media magnate’s mate it seems.

Andrew has The Waterboy’s back

You see them hesitate on screen - and choose their words very carefully, whereas the average punter has a crack as soon as they smell bullshit

Self interest overrides integrity with most of the current TV journos.

McFakeNiceGuy has no shame or consideration of his trashed reputation & legacy outside his buddies’ bubble Boardroom

LINESPEED

Juniors
On my screen there is an ad on the top of this page for a TV show called Black Monday, about a group of guys who take on the old boys club establishment of an organisation. Coincidence?

FOX:
“The sport is as tough off the field as the players who produce the product on it.

This is a hard column to write because when I’ve made a goose of myself and landed in trouble, Todd Greenberg offered to write me a reference.

I knocked it back because I knew one day this day might come.”

So it appears Hooper is developing some balls at last.

Now how about telling some truths about the protection racket you’ve been running for Waterboy (&Andrew) & the corrupted Dragons Board.

Or is it just too comfortable having the famous Club on the ropes at last?

LINESPEED

Juniors
Great to see this thread hasn’t gone into hibernation

At least with The Waterboy in hibernation he isn’t inflicting too much damage on juniors & the Club in general, but he still has to suffer the ignominy & appalling record for 2020 of 3 straight losses (incl CS) & a lost captain who’s given the ‘coach’ the up yours.

He also can’t grovel to FOX mates or lobby effectively.

Just stew & cop the rumours for months lol

And sit on his inglorious stats : 18% win ratio over 22 games FFS

Your dumb fool’s did real good Andrew

Tell me, just for laughs, when you’re queried about your plaything our team, are you finding yourself looking at shoulders, the floor - or that nebulous space beyond that’s screaming at you:

“Act now & be freed from this fuc/ker”?

C’mon fellas - target some Board members you know

Last edited:
After a tough day at the office at home, I flipped over to dragons hq to see if McVirus had been sacked yet.

I found a number of worthy tributes to late players and I became curious as to Mehs history, went back to searching and found this:

4C286FF7-D217-43AA-9F8E-A179CDF758A2.jpeg
and I’m not sure about you, but I’m not at the stage yet when I think being arrested for drink driving makes anybody better at anything.

This by-line is spin of the worst kind and why people are tuning out of mainstream media en masse.

No Mary, drink driving makes you a a bit of a tool mate and I’m not the coppers best friend.

Instead of being phased out, his pissed behind the wheel antics gets him a pat on the back by being re-signed. That’s the elephant Flanno was referring to

There’s news about bj leaving on the site. This is a step on the right direction. Mary pay rise surely. He’s untouchable, has spiders all over him!

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors

Losing 2 Club captains within a few months is a vote of no confidence Waterboy.
Do you have any integrity?

I must point out that over the past 9 seasons I can’t remember better Coaching from the Head Coach that what we have witnessed the past week or so.
No boring, predictable game plan last weekend, no dribble in the press conference, players actually happy at training. Promising signs for this weekend :flushed::flushed:

Great post.

No losses either, so a massive improvement to the teams annual results.

No standing down or pay cut despite probable reduced hours from the comfort of his study.

His main job would be team morale via zoom or whatever. Hopefully the players can turn off his audio.

No doubt he is refining his excuses for next season, reading up on his management by design home course work;

“ impart DNA while you cook the dinner”

“ blame thy players ( 3rd edition with special introduction by Ivan Cleary)

“ Try’s from kicks revisited, how they pose a serious public health threat.”

RedVDragon

Juniors
I would love Wayne Bennett coming back and take over the head coach for a year in 2021.
McIdiot still has a job however the edict is for Wayne to select his coaching team. He calls in McIdiot and says “son you are are the longest serving coach as St George Illawarra, congratulations. Question why haven’t you been competitive why haven’t you consistently been in the top 4 pushing for a premiership. Why?” McIdiot dribbles as he does so Wayne interrupts and says “son stop...your team trains the way you play and the way you train is pathetic...son you are fired, pack your bags and go”.
McIdiot déjà vu sacked again by Wayne Bennett. That would’ve be gold. Wayne closes and says in 2022 Flano a St George man through and through will take over not you.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
4 weeks into the season this weekend I was sure come tomorrow we were going to read the headline McGregor Gone.

As a dragons supporter for day dot I have never wanted to lose a trial game let alone premiership games.
But that is how much of a bad taste this so called self acclaimed coach has left with me. I was prepared to accept loses so as to get rid of the disease called McGregor.
We have 15000 members which is a disgrace for such a club. I am sure we can get 5000 extra members overnight once he is gone.

thebigredv

First Grade
Honestly what does it say about our club, our coach, our team as a unit, when after a 5 month break on the back of our worst season in recent history they not only throw away the unlosable match at home, but they repeat the same mistakes the very next week, again at home against a team that was ripe for the picking?

We are such an utter loser club under this management. Now we have an indeterminable amount of time to mull over it, while Mary gets paid for doing his usual, which is doing nothing.

After the last 7 or 8 years what is there to be proud or excited about the club and its management?? I can't get my young kids interested in the the game because of our feeble team.

I have no ties to the St George (or Illawarra) area. I'm a Dragons fan because my dad was. He was a fan because his father, like many others, aligned himself to that 11 straight dominating team of the 50/60s. I'm as diehard as they come and was proud of my team each and every year until about 2012. Even when we were flogged I had belief. It's not about glory supporting. It's about being on board a club that really wants to succeed, whether it's in the present or building for the future. This club has been seeking to do nothing progressive since 2010.

How long can we stand for this?

What did the Brighton Seagulls do to deserve this.
All those 8 year olds might as well go play soccer if that’s the case.

4 weeks into the season this weekend I was sure come tomorrow we were going to read the headline McGregor Gone.

As a dragons supporter for day dot I have never wanted to lose a trial game let alone premiership games.
But that is how much of a bad taste this so called self acclaimed coach has left with me. I was prepared to accept loses so as to get rid of the disease called McGregor.
We have 15000 members which is a disgrace for such a club. I am sure we can get 5000 extra members overnight once he is gone.

Just read this thread, probably thousands of fans have just called it a day at different times over the years after the sustained punishment of a McPPE led squad.

I would hope a number return to the fold once hes gone, but some are gone forever as they have no confidence in the higher management that sustained and nourished him over the eternity of his pathetic and useless tenure.

There’s children of the hard core out there who can’t remember any glory days whatsoever. Rugby league to them is a form of punishment. Every kid deserves a few days in the sun, some hope for the future. All they see is a barren wasteland ahead once the league returns. Many will just never be back.

I think @Gareth67 and others have said that the immediate post McTheodoreRoosevelt era will entail some years of recovery.

Every year your club (and many others) tell the fans that everything has changed and it’s all going to be wonderful again. Reviews and new systems, corporate gobbledegook and rubbish.

And we find out that it’s the same shit coach presenting another year of failure and regression. Good players turning into lost causes or getting rushed back and injured. Better players leaving.

When coming second in the nines and losing one of the best footballers in the game doing it is acceptable and to be applauded?

The nrl has to step in and sack your board. Mcwuhan can carry his file out.

He’s not a good bloke anymore. He’s in a serious f**ked up delusion that he can lead.

Would you listen to him?

Would you follow his commands??!

If not, why should a player?

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
We won’t have a squad at this rate ... shambles of a Club to allow so many players all coming off contract at same time...