What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus and NRL Games

BLM01

First Grade
It’s in the SMH.
Has many questioned why most horse racing is allowed to continue with all these supposed lockdowns
Of course the animals need car as an essential service and continue to be kept trained etc...but I am talking about the race days itself?
Is it money to be made? Is it the amount of and jobs on race day?...
Is race day too large...and of course too much money to be made by powerbrokers..
But of course everyone is following strict biosecurity controls supposedly and everyone is happy...no risk there
Yet NSW Health are recommending unless an emergency dont go and visit your children and vice versa...do it all on line.
Just asking?..as a balanced debate

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Go tell that to Ms. McLaws, the infection control expert from UNSW.
Im on your side with this one Jimmy.
Not in relation to an article, or your stats, nor who is flippant or who is not.
It is obvious the whole truth is not being reported.(no surprise there)..or...a balanced view of in depth analysis of certain actual figures of happenings or facts. (no surprise there either)
Everyone has a different opinion being the media..but the negative agenda prevails. The government in our nations are trying to be on the same page and voice the same messages who were so relaxed 2 months ago saying nothing in this country yet and we are taking all necessary steps to ensure the safety of our nation.
Then mass panic buying from our public from reporting back in Jan / Feb. Govts only decide to shut our borders...what...2 weeks ago when they knew months ago how supposedly alarming this was and telling people to self isolate with only ver a week ago actually forcing and controlling overseas visitors.

China who have over 1 billion people and the place where it started have borders to other nations have reopned some of its markets and reported over the worst of it nearly a month ago and life returning back to normal?....is this a fact?

Us lay people really dont understand what fact or fiction is anymore..or in fact what are the current rules of society.
a nurse told me yesterday said it became a rule to wear a facemask in public?..(is that true?...news to me)
Majority of people still dont. Someone says everyone should wear face marks. Today someone else who is expert says not a good idea.
4 people at a dinner table last night...dont worry children visiting.
4 versions of details and verocity of this virus

And to think that Bill Gates predicted it back in 2015, even supposedly the make up or the look of this virus and how countries can be well equipped to combat germ warfare.efficiently...
noboby listens or takes it seroiusly who can!....(i.e. governments or poiwer brokers why?...what about now?)
Interesting artcile to listen too. believe or take what you want from it but interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It’s in the SMH.
I took the time to try and find a link. From what I can tell you've posted misinformation. In this case, you've actually misquoted an infection control expert.

It explains the reason for your reluctance to post a link.

This forum is not here as an outlet for misinformation, and you can't go editing news sources and post it as 'fact'. There's already too much of it floating around. - let's not add to it.

If you can't provide verifiable URL links to back up your claims, then you can't post here. It's that simple.

The post in question has been removed and notification sent.

If you wish to continue posting, and for future reference, then please stick to the facts and include the link.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I took the time to try and find a link. From what I can tell you've posted misinformation. In this case, you've actually misquoted an infection control expert.

This forum is not here as an outlet for misinformation, and you can't go editing news sources and post it as 'fact'. There's already too much of it floating around. - let's not add to it.

If you can't provide verifiable URL links to back up your claims, then you can't post here. It's that simple.

If you wish to continue posting, and for future reference, then please stick to the facts and include the link.

Wow, so many incorrect assumptions here. Clearly, I referenced the SMH.

For your edification, this is the link:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/we-...Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1585927014

This was featured on yesterday’s front page.

Correction: there was NO “reluctance” on my part whatsoever. To be truthful, I didn’t think it was necessary as the info contained within was freely accessible to the public.

I also forgot about my post.

You can apologise for accusing me for false misappropriation at your earliest convenience.

Bet you don’t though.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Not in relation to an article, or your stats, nor who is flippant or who is not.
It is obvious the whole truth is not being reported.(no surprise there)..or...a balanced view of in depth analysis of certain actual figures of happenings or facts. (no surprise there either)
Everyone has a different opinion being the media..but the negative agenda prevails. The government in our nations are trying to be on the same page and voice the same messages who were so relaxed 2 months ago saying nothing in this country yet and we are taking all necessary steps to ensure the safety of our nation.
Then mass panic buying from our public from reporting back in Jan / Feb. Govts only decide to shut our borders...what...2 weeks ago when they knew months ago how supposedly alarming this was and telling people to self isolate with only ver a week ago actually forcing and controlling overseas visitors.

China who have over 1 billion people and the place where it started have borders to other nations have reopned some of its markets and reported over the worst of it nearly a month ago and life returning back to normal?....is this a fact?

Us lay people really dont understand what fact or fiction is anymore..or in fact what are the current rules of society.
a nurse told me yesterday said it became a rule to wear a facemask in public?..(is that true?...news to me)
Majority of people still dont. Someone says everyone should wear face marks. Today someone else who is expert says not a good idea.

And to think that Bill Gates predicted it back in 2015, even supposedly the make up or the look of this virus and how countries can be well equipped to combat germ warfare.efficiently...
noboby listens or takes it seroiusly who can!....(i.e. governments or poiwer brokers why?...what about now?)
Interesting artcile to listen too. believe or take what you want from it but interesting nonetheless.

Bang on, mate.

Fear is driving this bloody thing on, and there are many culprits at play here.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Have you not seen what this thing is doing in other parts of the world such as USA, UK, Mediterranean countries?
I think erring on the side of caution may be the way to go here Jimmy.

Have you not noticed the vast geographical difference between Australia and the other countries you’ve mentioned?

Barring the UK, they are either landlocked or have neighbouring countries.

We live on a bloody big island (Tassie, a smaller one).

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Wow, so many incorrect assumptions here.

For your edification, here is the link:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/we-...Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1585927014

This was featured on yesterday’s front page.

Correction: there was NO “reluctance” on my part whatsoever. To be truthful, I didn’t think it was necessary as the info contained within was freely accessible to the public.

I also forgot about my post.

You can apologise for accusing me for false misappropriation at your earliest convenience.

Bet you don’t though.
Jesus man, dig up.

Yes, you mentioned the SMH but the information you provided from it was completely incorrect.

Stop carrying on like a twat about it.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Jesus man, dig up.

Yes, you mentioned the SMH but the information you provided from it was completely incorrect.

Stop carrying on like a twat about it.

Incorrect? Not all all. Comprehension (as repeatedly demonstrated) isn’t your strongest attribute.

Twat? Pot/kettle.

avocado

Juniors
Have you not noticed the vast geographical difference between Australia and the other countries you’ve mentioned?

The fact that we each have kilometres of desert we could all retreat to doesn't really mean we live separately. We are one of the most urbanised populations on Earth (86% of Australians live in cities, compared to 56% of Chinese and 70% Italians)

Here’s the link.
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/sp.urb.totl.in.zs

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The fact that we each have kilometres of desert we could all retreat to doesn't really mean we live separately. We are one of the most urbanised populations on Earth (86% of Australians live in cities, compared to 56% of Chinese and 70% Italians)

Here’s the link.
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/sp.urb.totl.in.zs

We don’t live separately, is that what you’re saying? If so, what percentage of our population lives on the coast? Cities aren’t necessarily the issue here.

Crush

Coach

I was referring more to what can happen if this virus is left to spread among the community.
I know you are clinging to the "storm in a teacup" theory but I think you only have to look at the havoc its reeking elsewhere to think we should do everything possible to flatten the curve.
How would you tackle the problem?

FlameThrower

Bench
Have the Dragons stood down coaching staff / assistants/ etc / etc? Other richer clubs have done that, but have not heard of the Dragons doing so?

BLM01

First Grade
The story l posted today in the 'Articles' section may answer your question.
Not really OKB. I have read it and does not answer it.
Trip A Deal are only a back of jersey sponsor and would not be covering costs of football club staff.
Dragons have been very quiet on this front. They said 1 week ago after the NRL shut down that they addressed the players and said go away for 2 weeks and we will give you a training schedule...and that they would be back training in a couple of weeks and alsolooking after the health and well being of all club people.
No mention of staff standing down and still no mention to date.
WIN?...maybe footing the bill...who knows!

Frank Facer

First Grade

Bill Gates has a vested interest in the vaccine industry. I have also come across many reports that Gates owns the patent to the Coronavirus.