What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

hindy111

Post Whore
Fellas, this is a discussion about the Parramatta Eels juniors. It's nice that your family is involved and I'm sure there may be others who care but there would be other forums to discuss bears juniors, go and find it.

Ok. That is a fair call.

Parra play Norths next week. Eels are a very strong side from what I hear

Delboy

First Grade
A question, junior reps etc are postponed, players still attend school etc, don’t play in front of outdoor crowds of more than 500, but NSWRL includes juniors.if the don’t play they probably have part time jobs at Bunnings, Coles and others which sees them constantly with other people.
Yet another conundrum in this current hysteria.

A question, junior reps etc are postponed, players still attend school etc, don’t play in front of outdoor crowds of more than 500, but NSWRL includes juniors.if the don’t play they probably have part time jobs at Bunnings, Coles and others which sees them constantly with other people.
Yet another conundrum in this current hysteria.

I guess the point is that at Bunnings they're unlikely to pack into a scrum while out of breath and dribbling. They probably still have the part time jobs regardless of whether they play footy. It's a tough call either way. Honestly not sure what I think.

Delboy

First Grade
Bit swayed as been in NZ for 2 weeks and fly back tomorrow, just isn't the hysteria here that have seen from home in media etc. the concern here is more that their health system isn't up to much and wouldn't sustain a big influx of patients, but overall on the South Island there's not much about it.
Auckland tv gives it a bit , more about washing hands and being clean is the message.

Anyway, as the virus seems to have little impact on the ages under 20, perhaps it's an overreaction. Heard Dave Trodden form the NSWRL speak on it, not convinced he understood the implications, waffled on about following Qld.

Bit swayed as been in NZ for 2 weeks and fly back tomorrow, just isn't the hysteria here that have seen from home in media etc. the concern here is more that their health system isn't up to much and wouldn't sustain a big influx of patients, but overall on the South Island there's not much about it.
Auckland tv gives it a bit , more about washing hands and being clean is the message.

Anyway, as the virus seems to have little impact on the ages under 20, perhaps it's an overreaction. Heard Dave Trodden form the NSWRL speak on it, not convinced he understood the implications, waffled on about following Qld.

Mate I don't think the concern is so much for the health of the under 20's....it's for their relatives and friends who may be more vulnerable.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That was Australia a month ago. New Zealand will catch up.

strider

Post Whore
While i get the point about but they are still working and going to school, i reckon its all about the scale of it ..... telling the entire population to not work or go to school is incredibly more drastic than telling a fraction of the population sorry you shouldnt play footy for a while .... i think the govt would like to stop it all but cant

hindy111

Post Whore
While i get the point about but they are still working and going to school, i reckon its all about the scale of it ..... telling the entire population to not work or go to school is incredibly more drastic than telling a fraction of the population sorry you shouldnt play footy for a while .... i think the govt would like to stop it all but cant

Not in Germany. Schools shut. So are all car manufacturers

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There are two competing disasters they're trying to avert - the one where 500k (mostly old) people die, and the one where five million working age people wind up unemployed.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah he played in our SG Ball team. He was highly touted, signing with us from New Zealand, but his time here was plagued by injury. He suggested a season ending injury during the Flegg season and we let him go, presumably with a payout.

This tells me he was never going to be good enough for first grade, but from his perspective he would feel like he never got the chance to find out. It would be a tough way to end your career.

T-Boon

Coach
Jarryd Hayne: I consider him to be the most entertaining and talented rugby league player I have seen.

Did anybody get to see him play in HM or SG ball?

I went to a bunch of games at Cabramatta around that time but cant recall seeing him play.

I did see Timmy Mannah play SG ball and I recall thinking he was a thug (he got into a minor fight in a scrum and had a smile on his face which I took to be thuggery). What judge of character...
I also thought Trent Hodkinson was going to be a bit of an Andrew Johns. Haha.

Latest posts