What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What about putting every player in a zorb suit? And not just for games but for when theyre isolated on Alcatraz as well.

Dibs on the raiders changing their name to the Canberra Bubble Boys.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
That would defeat the purpose of having the players isolated in one location if you give them permission to come and go.

To be honest, this whole plan has a lot of issues. The Chinese Basketball Association attempted to restart their season in two locations, planning to be constantly taking players temperature, but the government rejected this.

If the NRL were to do this, they would need to ensure they were effectively testing players daily - this would be a massive drain on testing kits available for the public, cost the league a lot of money, and could ultimately open themselves up for legal action should an outbreak occur.

and it isnt just players

referees,coaches,trainers,medical staff

the guy who drives the catamaran

Cactus

Juniors
I have the answer. An aircraft carrier. Thats right....it has everything necessary. Isolated cabin accommodations, meeting rooms, gyms, communications rooms, medical facilities, galley kitchens, etc

Step 1: Lease an aircraft carrier.

Step 2: Load it up with all the players

Step 3 Divide teams into different levels of the ship (storm to go below hangar deck)

Step 4: Astro turf the flight deck & play the games there

Step 5: All try scorers get free fighter jet joy ride

Step 6: All bombs & 40/20s that go over the side, kicker must go after it

Step 7: Winner of each game gets free dinner in the galley

Step 8: Winner of comp get to pilot the carrier for 1 week wherever they want and to shoot missiles at the open sky

greenBV4

Bench
The Qld island idea was nipped in the bud due to Qld closing it's borders. This Penrith and Olympic Park idea is a very sound one, unless of course your plan sounds better.
Sydney is the Australian epicentre, if you were going to send every player to one place why you send there

franklin2323

Immortal
I am sure they can find replacement players for those Qlders that don’t want to play. For all we know NRL might be exempt by then

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
FMD...merkins want $$$, earn em.

Otherwise, they can dig ditches.

If Grandaddy Cam has a problem, retire.

100s of thousands of ordinary Aussies work hard to make ends meet, doing shifts, FIFO, defending and supporting our blessed way of life and these merkins want to whinge?!? Tread warily boys. Last time money was a big thing in league, the crowds petered out and a third of clubs were culled.

Within the NRL playing group, there is a definite culture of "i will burn the whole place to the ground if I have to, give me all the money".

I dont know of any entertainment business that would put up with this shit.

THis is why I think the majority of player payments should be put into Representative match payments. Force the players to sell themselves as ambasedors that Origin/Roos/etc need in the team or they risk losing half their paycheck