What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons might go into out of town conference

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I know I shit stir, but I’m not this time.

When talking about the physical football team, (which the sentence clearly was) it is based in Wollongong. That’s where they train.

I’m not sure that’s a controversial point of view.
I just FaceTimed the Don to get his take on it.

He gave a wry smile and a dismissive chuckle..
Aha! So there is only two of youse.

There is an upside to this... you can hold meetings without breaking any laws.

Father Ted

First Grade
The licence is owned by the joint venture.

If St George were the only holders of the licence, it wouldn’t be a joint venture.
St George own the License . It was made quite clear at the formation of the JV that if the joint venture disbanded the license would revert to the ownership of St.George only.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Aha! So there is only two of youse.

There is an upside to this... you can hold meetings without breaking any laws.
Current COVID laws, yes.

Racketeering, collusion, standover, loan sharking & smuggling however I think would still be considered against the law.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
St George own the License . It was made quite clear at the formation of the JV that if the joint venture disbanded the license would revert to the ownership of St.George only.
I think you’ll find that’s just a fairy tale that was made up along the way..

Father Ted

First Grade
I think you’ll find that’s just a fairy tale that was made up along the way..
No I was working in the footy club at the time so no. Also wondering as the Steelers have sold most of their share to Mr Gordon. So the Joint venture is in effect between Win corp and St.George . In that case the Steelers has gone the way of the Cutters and the Hunter Mariners as in defunct , a name only entity?

"Gordon and his son Andrew, a St George Illawarra director, briefly considered launching a fresh bid independently of WIN Corporation to assume the Steelers' share in St George Illawarra as other interested purchasers circled.

But later, under the guise of WIN Corporation, they quietly returned to the negotiating table in the hope of snapping up an interest in one of the NRL's most recognisable franchises".

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/fl...dragons-on-eve-of-finals-20180819-p4zyew.html

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No I was working in the footy club at the time so no. Also wondering as the Steelers have sold most of their share to Mr Gordon. So the Joint venture is in effect between Win corp and St.George . In that case the Steelers has gone the way of the Cutters and the Hunter Mariners as in defunct , a name only entity?

"Gordon and his son Andrew, a St George Illawarra director, briefly considered launching a fresh bid independently of WIN Corporation to assume the Steelers' share in St George Illawarra as other interested purchasers circled.

But later, under the guise of WIN Corporation, they quietly returned to the negotiating table in the hope of snapping up an interest in one of the NRL's most recognisable franchises".

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/fl...dragons-on-eve-of-finals-20180819-p4zyew.html
That link in no way shape or form details how the licence apparently belongs to St George.

It does, however, strongly highlight & reinforce the fact that the licence is owned by the joint venture.

Father Ted

First Grade
That link in no way shape or form details how the licence apparently belongs to St George.

It does, however, strongly highlight & reinforce the fact that the licence is owned by the joint venture.
Must have missed the I was there bit . And I was trying actually to find out the current status of the thing. Not have a debate on facts.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Must have missed the I was there bit . And I was trying actually to find out the current status of the thing. Not have a debate on facts.
I didn’t miss the “I was there bit”..

But how do you know I wasn’t there either?

RufusRex

Post Whore
well you need 8 teams in each group

Warriors/Melbourne/Cowboys/Titans/Raiders/Broncos/Knights

Panthers/Eels/Doggies/Tigers/Sharks/SeaEagles/Roosters/Rabbitohs/Dragons

Pretty obvious which team needs to move ... Yes .. the Perth Sharks ;-) Failing that it is us.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Alas, a JV that doesn't include the Illawarra Steelers.

So in the event that the JV is dissolved, do you think the NRL will ask WIN Corp to field a team?

Damn logic.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Alas, a JV that doesn't include the Illawarra Steelers.

So in the event that the JV is dissolved, do you think the NRL will ask WIN Corp to field a team?

Damn logic.
Definitely.

Russell Crowe does it.

qld redvee

Juniors
dont know if any body has mentioned this aspect of the conferences.. distances that the out of towners would have to contend with compared to the sydney conference . Sydney teams simply drive to the local oval to play whereas other teams are up for airfares hotels and all other associated costs - so would clubs be compensated or just have to suck it up ???? Saints falling into the out of towners would have a huge expense bill for travelling compared to the sharks or dogs for example ..