What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye friz

possm

Coach
I agree on Shaun Wane, would love to see what he brings from his SL and Rugby experience. Plus he's coached a fair few of the pommy boys at the Raiders and also would know inside and out the talent over there so could probably help with a nice poach or two. The main thing is he has age and experience so when he speaks the boys would listen so long as they could understand him. It would be a real freshen up.
Give Shaun Wane the recuitmet/retention/pathways job lol1!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Friz did speak about leaving Saints before Flanno "Officially" joined but what is to say he did not start thinking that before Flanno was in the picture. He also stated he wanted to stay at the Saints. I am more fearful that he knows Mary will be there longer than we think.

The fact he wants to leave to win a comp and thinks that playing for Newcastle he has a better chance should send a clear message how poorly the players think of Mary and their chances of success under him. If Friz left for Chooks, Storm, Souths or Bronco's fair enough but Newcastle. Wow

Last time a player said he wanted to leave Saints to win a comp was BMoz. That worked out well at the Dogs. Luckily he got the Chooks to sign him after that as I am sure he had no intention of going there when he left the Saints. Friz may be going down the same path unless he also gets a lifeline late in his career by a bigger club.

possm

Coach
Friz did speak about leaving Saints before Flanno "Officially" joined but what is to say he did not start thinking that before Flanno was in the picture. He also stated he wanted to stay at the Saints. I am more fearful that he knows Mary will be there longer than we think.

The fact he wants to leave to win a comp and thinks that playing for Newcastle he has a better chance should send a clear message how poorly the players think of Mary and their chances of success under him. If Friz left for Chooks, Storm, Souths or Bronco's fair enough but Newcastle. Wow

Last time a player said he wanted to leave Saints to win a comp was BMoz. That worked out well at the Dogs. Luckily he got the Chooks to sign him after that as I am sure he had no intention of going there when he left the Saints. Friz may be going down the same path unless he also gets a lifeline late in his career by a bigger club.
I think Bird went to the Sharks to be in first grade and ended doing that and winning a comp.

possm

Coach
It's a vote of no confidence for those in charge. Arguably our best forward, a Rep player leaves for slightly more money and needs to more than likely relocate as well.
This has been in the pipeline well before flanno came onboard.

Our board have a lot to answer for.
I was told some time ago that Frizell wife was very upset at the way Mary and SGI in general handled the JDB affair.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I was told some time ago that Frizell wife was very upset at the way Mary and SGI in general handled the JDB affair.

That makes sense as well. But unfortunately it was a difficult situation to be in for the club as if he was banned, JDB he would of pi$$ed of other players I am sure. The fact Friz said he wants to win playing for another club would surely make the club realise how much faith they have in the coach. That would be a good kick in the teeth from Friz to Mary that is for sure. I am not sure how the rest of the year will pan out between them 2.

possm

Coach
That makes sense as well. But unfortunately it was a difficult situation to be in for the club as if he was banned, JDB he would of pi$$ed of other players I am sure. The fact Friz said he wants to win playing for another club would surely make the club realise how much faith they have in the coach. That would be a good kick in the teeth from Friz to Mary that is for sure. I am not sure how the rest of the year will pan out between them 2.
Now that we are aware of the reckless way in which the NRL has handled income/spending, it becomes clear why they did not assume full responsibility for the 'no fault stand down' rule; they just did not have funds available to assume this responsibility.

Immediately on invoking the stand down rule for De Belin, the NRL shuld have:

• Suspended De Belin's contract with SGI.
  • Paid De Belin according to the terms of his contract or negotiated an alternative deal.
  • Removed De Belin from the SGI top 30.
  • Removed De Belin from the SGI salary cap.
  • Made arrangments for De Belin to train away from the SGI squad and receive necessary support.
I am very surprised that the court did not rule this way because SGI was/is unfairly punished for a situation it had no part of and no way of reasonably addressing. Under this suggested policy, Frizell's wife would not be upset and I believe the team as a whole would not have been impacted so forcefully.

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Now that we are aware of the reckless way in which the NRL has handled income/spending, it becomes clear why they did not assume full responsibility for the 'no fault stand down' rule; they just did not have funds available to assume this responsibility.

Immediately on invoking the stand down rule for De Belin, the NRL shuld have:

• Suspended De Belin's contract with SGI.
  • Paid De Belin according to the terms of his contract or negotiated an alternative deal.
  • Removed De Belin from the SGI top 30.
  • Removed De Belin from the SGI salary cap.
  • Made arrangments for De Belin to train away from the SGI squad and receive necessary support.
I am very surprised that the court did not rule this way because SGI was/is unfairly punished for a situation it had no part of and no way of reasonably addressing. Under this suggested policy, Frizell's wife would not be upset and I believe the team as a whole would not have been impacted so forcefully.

Totally agree and I have posted along these lines in the past as well. It was monumental incompetence from both the NRL in making the determination and the SGI Board ( and the players association for that matter as well when there was no consultation with them) for not challenging it more forcefully at the time. While the Corona Virus was an unpredictable factor, the other delays in the legal system for a case of this magnitude were entirely predictable.

Greenberg stands condemned on this but Vlandys, who was not a party to the determination, may offer SGI and De Belin an opportunity to salvage something from this unholy mess.

BLM01

First Grade
Frizz should be thankful he has learned so much and progressed under one of the greatest thinkers and minds in the game today.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Friz has spoken so loudly about why he wants to move and the biggest kick in the gut to the club and a slap in the face to McBlame.
So much so he is willing to go and play under a rookie coach whohas coached 2 NRL games.
Says it all really.
Tyson loves the Dragons but not the one who has been the centre of attention on this Forum for too long. I think Tyson cannot get away from that person quick enough. Tyson knows that McCannotWIN still has this year and next to run the team and therefore his decision to leave was easy to make. The other guys probably feel the same, who knows who is next?

LINESPEED

Juniors
Friz has spoken so loudly about why he wants to move and the biggest kick in the gut to the club and a slap in the face to McBlame.
So much so he is willing to go and play under a rookie coach whohas coached 2 NRL games.
Says it all really.

The only delay ATM should be waiting for the ink to dry on the payout cheque for your Waterboy Andrew

Why the fu/ck waste 2020??

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Tyson loves the Dragons but not the one who has been the centre of attention on this Forum for too long. I think Tyson cannot get away from that person quick enough. Tyson knows that McCannotWIN still has this year and next to run the team and therefore his decision to leave was easy to make. The other guys probably feel the same, who knows who is next?
Mc19 might be saved by Covid this year but i will put all and sundry on he will not be coaching in 2021.
Tyson's decision would be based on we have fallen so far that it will take until he is just at retirement to we build a premiership challenging squad again using our Juniors and some good outside buys and time for them to be developed properly from proper football club staff....not Big Foot and his cronies Pickers, Surfo Meditation guy, Deano and other water runners etc
Tell Flanno he has the job from 2022 and let him start assembling from janitor to No 1 assistant his way
2021 anyone on here can fill in as Flanno as their assisitant as he builds for the following year
Newcastle are just a few years ahead of us as they were where we are about 2-4 years ago and are building nicely and fllicking Brownie was the way forward for them...they way it was done was crap but in hindsight will prove right.

Dragon David

First Grade
Mc19 might be saved by Covid this year but i will put all and sundry on he will not be coaching in 2021.
Tyson's decision would be based on we have fallen so far that it will take until he is just at retirement to we build a premiership challenging squad again using our Juniors and some good outside buys and time for them to be developed properly from proper football club staff....not Big Foot and his cronies Pickers, Surfo Meditation guy, Deano and other water runners etc
Tell Flanno he has the job from 2022 and let him start assembling from janitor to No 1 assistant his way
2021 anyone on here can fill in as Flanno as their assisitant as he builds for the following year
Newcastle are just a few years ahead of us as they were where we are about 2-4 years ago and are building nicely and fllicking Brownie was the way forward for them...they way it was done was crap but in hindsight will prove right.
Oh well, one way or another Frizell will either Frizzle or Fizzle when he plays for the Knights and McCannotWIN will either be shown the door or retained for the full term of his contract. It's all a matter of wait and see and speculation on the outcomes will no doubt continue unabated on the Forum for many a day!!

Bench
I think Tyson, as I am sure other players feel that the club is in deep shit and it will be like that for some years.
I think the icing on top of the cake would have been when McIdiot threw him under the bus at that after that interview after the game.
To me that would been the straw that broke the camels back.
I wish Tyson all the best at Newcastle.

BLM01

First Grade
I think Tyson, as I am sure other players feel that the club is in deep shit and it will be like that for some years.
I think the icing on top of the cake would have been when McIdiot threw him under the bus at that after that interview after the game.
To me that would been the straw that broke the camels back.
I wish Tyson all the best at Newcastle.
Maybe that is why Mary threw him under the bus at a press conference cause he knew he was leaving or Tyson told him and the players. It was announced few days later sort of officially.