What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EELS best ever GOAL kickers

T-Boon

Coach
Nathan Hindmarsh - 100%

I got some of the sand he used to kick his one conversion.
I made a bee line for it when everyone jumped the fence and about a thousand people ran passed it and I thought I was the only person in the entire stadium to have this "heads up play" before some 10 year old kid got there 3 steps before me and scoped up 95% of it. Little bastard.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Jt and it isn’t even close. Eye test is what I go by. Like Burt was one of the worst as he wasn’t clutch

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Luke Burt is not even close to the worst, and did nail a few clutch goals in his time.
The two I remember he missed was the game in 2010 against the Tigers and the 09 when a conversion would of taken the field goal out of play. He was on the whole a pretty damn good goal kicker but.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The two I remember he missed was the game in 2010 against the Tigers and the 09 when a conversion would of taken the field goal out of play. He was on the whole a pretty damn good goal kicker but.

that kick against the tigers was typical Burt. That year was such a shame in general, we took a while to warm up, then we started firing and then turned to shit again. Still cannot believe how badly parra fell from that amazing 2009 year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
that kick against the tigers was typical Burt. That year was such a shame in general, we took a while to warm up, then we started firing and then turned to shit again. Still cannot believe how badly parra fell from that amazing 2009 year.
As soon as they found out the Storm cheated us they absolutely shat the bed. Great leadership from the King of Sting.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Given we missed the finals in '08 and '10, it's clear that '09 was the outlier. We also finished eighth during the season, winning half of our games. Taking some momentum into the finals plus a bit of luck meant we won three straight finals matches. But we had an average team, just as we did the year before and after. You can't be lucky every year.

T-Boon

Coach
Given we missed the finals in '08 and '10, it's clear that '09 was the outlier. We also finished eighth during the season, winning half of our games. Taking some momentum into the finals plus a bit of luck meant we won three straight finals matches. But we had an average team, just as we did the year before and after. You can't be lucky every year.

The only luck was that we gave up on the season and then discovered the magic formula was to play care free football - off load the ball all the time etc. As Mick Ennis said during that run "they show no respect for the football".
Then BA said during the off season "we need to be a little bit more disciplined" and I knew we would have a crap season.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The only luck was that we gave up on the season and then discovered the magic formula was to play care free football - off load the ball all the time etc. As Mick Ennis said during that run "they show no respect for the football".
Then BA said during the off season "we need to be a little bit more disciplined" and I knew we would have a crap season.
BA said that at the end of 09?

T.S Quint

Coach

We had a back row consisting of Todd Lowrie, Ben Smith, Joe Gulavao and a well past his prime Hindmarsh.
Matt Keating and Kevin Kingston at hooker. Mortimer and Robson in the halves.

Such an average team who played out of their skins for a 10 week period.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
images

crocodile

Bench
Mutterings of Kearny replacing Anderson as coach wouldn't have helped much. f*ck we've had some duds over the years.