What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Teo

dragon thomo

Juniors
There is talk around Ben Teo is looking for a club.
Now he would be a good replacement for Frizell
Aggressive good defender and attack.

BLM01

First Grade
There is talk around Ben Teo is looking for a club.
Now he would be a good replacement for Frizell
Aggressive good defender and attack.
5 yrs ago...definitely. But his tackling style nowadays would see him more time on the sideline than on the field
is probably getting on a bit now too old should’ve thought about that when he left Souths not when seeking retirement pension contract

Belta

Juniors
We need to go the opposite way, focus more on bringing youngsters through, zI could cope better with losses. This is no blight on Teo and im not saying he’s not a good player but I loathe to think we would contemplate signing a 33 year old that hasn’t played NRL since 2014. Having said that he does have all the hallmarks of a strereo-typical Dragons signing. I don’t know why but I start having panic attacks whenever hype of an experienced players name gets bandied around.

hazzbeen

Bench
We need to go the opposite way, focus more on bringing youngsters through, zI could cope better with losses. This is no blight on Teo and im not saying he’s not a good player but I loathe to think we would contemplate signing a 33 year old that hasn’t played NRL since 2014. Having said that he does have all the hallmarks of a strereo-typical Dragons signing. I don’t know why but I start having panic attacks whenever hype of an experienced players name gets bandied around.
Yep retirement village , for players does Merrin come to mind .... Start blooding the young blokes , but then again can't be done with the Genius of a coach we have he will drop them after 10 min of game time for not performing ....

LINESPEED

Juniors

I think the whole place doubles as a Mens’ Shed nowadays.

We could be an affiliate!

Our current setup certainly does not act like a business Ryan

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
At 33, no thanks, actually he will be 34 before the start of next season.

I believe the focus is not on the forwards at this stage, with the backline more of an urgent fix. However, in saying that, we need, at the very least, 2 props for 2021 and beyond. At this stage we dont need edge forwards.

qld redvee

Juniors
from reports teo only wants to play NRL this year 2020 as he cant get overseas for his rugby contract

we dont even need to entertain the thought of this guy - we need a big mobile prop for starters

possm

Coach
David Fifita should be Frizell's replacement. As close as like for like on the market right now. Yes we have some young props coming through, Kerr and Blacker but sho would Bennett recruit to replace De Belin?

redv13

Bench
David Fifita should be Frizell's replacement. As close as like for like on the market right now. Yes we have some young props coming through, Kerr and Blacker but sho would Bennett recruit to replace De Belin?
Why would Fifita leave the broncos to come to Saints?? With Frizzell leaving there’s even more reason not to come. Unless Saints are paying him minimum $1.5 mil he wouldn’t even entertain the thought. We’re a basket case of a club and have ZERO CHANCE of him coming. Give it up Possm or you’ll get an ulcer.

The Rosco

Bench
Actually our Mary has been in top - top - ever so top secret talks with Cooper Cronk for a farewell season with the Dragons , but for pity sake , don’t go around the farm yard squawking about it Foghorn !

I do like the sound of my own voice there boy.
I said voice boy ! they'all need to hear what I like to say ! Ya gots to listen boy !!

Sigh . . . this off season is way too long.

merahputih

Juniors
How old will JDB be when all this court business is over.
The Covid-19 situation will further push back an already clogged court list in NSW. JDB's trial was set for November this year I think, but this could be delayed well into 2021, so there is no guarantee that he could start the season next year regardless of the court outcome. JDB turns 30 in March, 2021. I don't think we will see him run out for us again whatever happens with his case.