What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dragon David

First Grade
I agree that the rumour of Bennett coming to the Dragons is a red herring. Why would he? He still has a contract for 2021 with the Bunnies and an impressive team there. Whilst he knows that Jason Demetriou will take over in 2022, Bennett has a job to complete and as a result I cannot see him coming to us. He came and conquered for us but no more.

I think that either the club will announce that Flanagan will be our coach sometime later this year for 2022 and that he would have plenty of time to work out who he needs for his squad. Then again, if by any chance V'Landys is agreeable to the reduction of Flanagan's ban, then who knows Flanagan could come in earlier than 2022? The NRL might also have a new CEO who might be sympathetic as well, again, who knows? We can all speculate as much we like and the end result will be the swan song of the one and only Mary McCannotWIN.
Well my speculation regarding a new CEO is right on the button. Now for Flanagan!

BLM01

First Grade
Well my speculation regarding a new CEO is right on the button. Now for Flanagan!
Thank god for that. He was the spendthrift for his own empire and supported by his cronies and looked after the top end of NRL town throwing money needlesly at consultants and creating jobs that they could make decisions on themselves with a bit of commonsense.
Not solely to blame..had support from a weak commission before Vlanyds stepped in

LINESPEED

Juniors
Thank god for that. He was the spendthrift for his own empire and supported by his cronies and looked after the top end of NRL town throwing money needlesly at consultants and creating jobs that they could make decisions on themselves with a bit of commonsense.
Not solely to blame..had support from a weak commission before Vlanyds stepped in

So here is YOUR resignation template Waterboy:

“In a statement on Monday, Greenberg said: “It has been my great honour and privilege to be the CEO of the NRL for the last 4 years,” he said.

“Despite the variety of challenges and pressures I have loved every single minute of the journey. Our growth over the last 4 years has been extraordinary and I am very proud of my contribution to the game.

“I am indebted to the game for the variety of opportunities and experiences that have been provided to my family and I, and we leave with many great memories and life long friendships.”

Spin it any way you like

Just fu/ck off now too

BLM01

First Grade
So here is YOUR resignation template Waterboy:

“In a statement on Monday, Greenberg said: “It has been my great honour and privilege to be the CEO of the NRL for the last 4 years,” he said.

“Despite the variety of challenges and pressures I have loved every single minute of the journey. Our growth over the last 4 years has been extraordinary and I am very proud of my contribution to the game.

“I am indebted to the game for the variety of opportunities and experiences that have been provided to my family and I, and we leave with many great memories and life long friendships.”

Spin it any way you like

Just fu/ck off now too
Yes I am sure Todd is indebted to the game he owes us for enjoying the bath tub full of money.
I bet he and others enjoyed the opportunities that uncapped spending provided.
So much so that he ran out of ideas on how to spend it and just offloaded it with any idea that came into his head. Even playing Santa Claus with gifts to others... but not directed at those that may of needed it or deserved it

LINESPEED

Juniors
Now for our board to talk to Vlandis
Let Debelin play
Let Flanno coach
Sack Mcgreror
DO IT BOARD
DO IT TODAY
DO IT NOW

Well here are our Board members (minus BJ) to pressure to get the ball rolling
.....as there’s lame duck paralysis at the top
(Day 15 Ryan)

Email, text or ring.

They’ve gotta get off their ars*s!

upload_2020-4-21_9-35-42.png

Such a shame Andrew that it’s all gone pear shaped because of Waterboy

Last edited:

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I listened to this dimwit of a fraud coach this morning on the Big sports breakfast and I had it on my computer. McGregor actually had the gall to agin bring up that he was 5 min away I 2018 from a setting up a final to play in the GF. My partner who sits across from me piped up and said what is he on about and when I told him he said you guys had the chance to get hasler and you kept this gronk. He is a manly supporter himself. I was baffled he mentioned something he credits himself with almost 2 years ago.

well Paul what about the other 6 years you goose

LINESPEED

Juniors
I listened to this dimwit of a fraud coach this morning on the Big sports breakfast and I had it on my computer. McGregor actually had the gall to agin bring up that he was 5 min away I 2018 from a setting up a final to play in the GF. My partner who sits across from me piped up and said what is he on about and when I told him he said you guys had the chance to get hasler and you kept this gronk. He is a manly supporter himself. I was baffled he mentioned something he credits himself with almost 2 years ago.

The statistical reality?

Always:

4/22= 18%
And the captain walked because of Waterboy’s unmitigated longterm failure

hazzbeen

Bench

Yep biggest Goose of all time , you know what , we are the goose's Mary and the board are treating us fans with no respect laughing at us with what the club and coach have dished up in the past 9 years.... Yep we at the Goose's not them ....

draco

Juniors
McGregor defends Dragons job amid pressure

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has defended himself amid speculation his days are numbered following a poor start to the season with the Dragons.

After a disastrous 2019 season where they finished second last, two straight losses in 2020 have done nothing to ease pressure on McGregor.

While the competition is suspended due to the coronavirus, former coach Wayne Bennett has been linked to a return to the Dragons where he won the 2010 NRL premiership.

But it's not the first time McGregor has had to deal with critics calling for his axing and after six years as head coach at a club that demands success, he is used to it.

"They don't know me personally or professionally so I don't give the negative stuff too much oxygen to be honest," he told The Big Sports Breakfast on Tuesday.

"The players and the club that see me on a daily basis know what I'm about and those who know what I do respect what I do.

"There's always going to be a conversation around if there's someone better or who's available or he's needs to go, I get that. I understand everyone is not going to be happy."

However, it's believed time is running out for McGregor following a disastrous 2019 that finished with a review of the football department and the club's handling of Jack de Belin's rape charge.

The Dragons have made the finals twice in the past five seasons, but there are doubts McGregor is the man to bring success to the club.

"We need to be better, we understand that. There were a lot of circumstances around the 2019 season.

"Our rounds 1 and 2 this year, we were in the game to win the game, we led the games at different stages but we didn't win. So that escalates the spotlight on myself.

"You've got to focus on what's next and that's the next game we're able to play and what can be gained from it.

"The critics will always be there. I respect that they have an opinion and they like to voice it, but I don't have to listen to it."

Compounding the issue is the loss of Tyson Frizell to Newcastle next season after the NSW and Australia star said he wants to win a premiership before he retires.

McGregor said he is disappointed and saddened to be losing the cornerstone of his pack who has been developed by the hard work of the Dragons coaching staff.

"It's very hard to see a player like that walk out of your organisation but in saying that we are a professional sport and you don't always get what you want," McGregor said.

"I wish him all the best because he's been a great player at the club and he's still got the season to finish at the Saints with us before he starts that journey.

"I'm not sure whether that contract has been registered by the NRL yet or how that works but he's always welcome to stay if he likes."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/mcgreg...pressure/5db7c650-333a-47bc-9b84-31f50d751d1a

draco

Juniors
johnburroughs1-2x.jpg

Dragon David

First Grade
Gotta keep shakin’ the cage fellas
... he’s finished
I tend to think that a coach is on the outer when he has to defend himself more often than not. He keeps on bringing up the same sort of arguments to make it look like he is doing alright as a coach. Deep down though he knows he isn't.

When the games resume, we will be 0-3 after the Raiders beat us and then not much of a chance against the Eels so we will be 0-4. Makes it much more difficult for Mary to defend himself even still.

qld redvee

Juniors
I tend to think that a coach is on the outer when he has to defend himself more often than not. He keeps on bringing up the same sort of arguments to make it look like he is doing alright as a coach. Deep down though he knows he isn't.

When the games resume, we will be 0-3 after the Raiders beat us and then not much of a chance against the Eels so we will be 0-4. Makes it much more difficult for Mary to defend himself even still.
DD,
Lets stick with 0-2 at the moment .. The games will change due to only playing each team once ?? so we may play canberra and eels as we were hoping. Saying that however I dont know how we can win anything as you would imagine that Frizzells leaving will have an affect on the team which supercoach will use as an excuse -- built the game plan around Frizzell ( just like widdop)
If we play each team once then its really in the lap of the gods as to who we could beat .. and what position we are in..
dont worry during the time off theres been plenty of excuse rehearsing as he will need everyone of them

Gomarchin

Juniors
I'm sure V'landys is a Dragons man. C'mon Pete - help your old team out, waive the 2 year ban on Flanagan so we can start afresh from 2021.

Better still, sack McWrekor yourself for bringing the game and more importantly the mighty redV into disrepute for the last 7 years.