What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Straw to Clutch at: Bennett Rumour Resurfaces.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Could have been worse, someone may said he was being propped up. He'd looked up the word 'prop' and think it's a theatrical accessory.

and .......... so he should exit, stage left!

afbd205892a2494d6d3654fc345af4fa.jpg

Another example of the Machiavellian principle of keep your friends close but your enemy closer. Flanno is starting to show hidden depths of cunning.
It's not a hidden trait, Flanno has already played this game before with his mate, Ricky, who wasn't his mate after.
Too bad his "cunningness" got himself into trouble on a few other issues he thought were hidden

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
It's not a hidden trait, Flanno has already played this game before with his mate, Ricky, who wasn't his mate after.
Too bad his "cunningness" got himself into trouble on a few other issues he thought were hidden

Can understand where you're coming from- a couple of years ago, I wouldn't have wanted a bar of Flanno- however, this club is in a desperate situation with a fool as Head Coach taking us to a possible wooden spoon if this season ever resumes- Flanno is a proven premiership winning coach- I know who i'd rather have steering the ship.

Can understand where you're coming from- a couple of years ago, I wouldn't have wanted a bar of Flanno- however, this club is in a desperate situation with a fool as Head Coach taking us to a possible wooden spoon if this season ever resumes- Flanno is a proven premiership winning coach- I know who i'd rather have steering the ship.
I get that.
I'm just pointing out that his approach is neither hidden nor cunning. It is how he is, and it is well known.
There are other words the Rugby League world use to describe Flanno, these two are not part of that vernacular haha.

LINESPEED

Juniors
With this year disrupted Mary will be there in 21.
Flanno in 22.

Well yeah.

Considering how the Gordons are quite prepared to steadily lose fans & money
in supporting their friend
at the expense of the Club,
you may well be right.

Must be some reason they’re chasing the Spoon so hard though?

Andrew’s promised ‘international branding’ maybe?

Here’s the thing
....he’s got a new marketing plan: ‘
Down & Out Downunder’ perhaps,
& getting Paul Hogan onto it?

You know, battler, low mimetic mode stuff
... a new homespun ( & haven’t we been sorely spun) genre of stupidity even

(I was going to mention Wollongong the Brave & Norman Gunston etc, but didn’t want to insult Garry’s intelligence)

....oh yeah, sorry
- maybe that ‘international’ wank bit was Waterboy’s USA junket-cum-debacle.

Or maybe The Spoon could attract some sponsorship from ‘The Biggest Loser’.
Or ‘Funniest Home Video’
...with excerpts from Waterboy’s pressers
Hell yeah, Waterboy could do the promos

FMD
What a circus

And they’re serious about keeping him.

Must be something in the water down there.

Sad for you Tyson,
‘cause you’re a loyal Wollongong boy who’s stuck it out,
but had enough.

Like the whole fuc/kin Fanbase

BTW, Day14 Ryan!

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Well yeah.

Considering how the Gordons are quite prepared to steadily lose fans & money
in supporting their friend
at the expense of the Club,
you may well be right.

Must be some reason they’re chasing the Spoon so hard though?

Andrew’s promised ‘international branding’ maybe?

Here’s the thing
....he’s got a new marketing plan: ‘
Down & Out Downunder’ perhaps,
& getting Paul Hogan onto it?

You know, battler, low mimetic mode stuff
... a new homespun ( & haven’t we been sorely spun) genre of stupidity even

(I was going to mention Wollongong the Brave & Norman Gunston etc, but didn’t want to insult Garry’s intelligence)

....oh yeah, sorry
- maybe that ‘international’ wank bit was Waterboy’s USA junket-cum-debacle.

Or maybe The Spoon could attract some sponsorship from ‘The Biggest Loser’.
Or ‘Funniest Home Video’
...with excerpts from Waterboy’s pressers
Hell yeah, Waterboy could do the promos

FMD
What a circus

And they’re serious about keeping him.

Must be something in the water down there.

Sad for you Tyson,
‘cause you’re a loyal Wollongong boy who’s stuck it out,
but had enough.

Like the whole fuc/kin Fanbase

BTW, Day14 Ryan!
Now that Beatie and Greenburg are no longer in-charge, It would be a good idea for our CEO to press the NRL to reduce Flanaan's suspenson to 1 Nov 2020. We will need a full off-season to unde as much damage as possible.

LINESPEED

Juniors
F674F2B7-0BB6-4C7F-A2FB-77945D8D1A54.png
Now that Beatie and Greenburg are no longer in-charge, It would be a good idea for our CEO to press the NRL to reduce Flanaan's suspenson to 1 Nov 2020. We will need a full off-season to unde as much damage as possible.

Yeah

... plus a tap on Waterboy’s shoulder & the above 2 words from you Ryan Webb on your Day 15

Then install Shep or a drover’s dog till
Nov

I reckon the drover’s dog could get us to the 8 with the cattle we have in camp

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Agree that we need to bang on Vlandy's door but why wait till the end of another disastrous season?- we need Flanno available now- otherwise we could end up with Dean Young in the interim job if Mary is sacked before the end of the season. Teams often experience a lift from any change to a coaching situation - regardless of what the incoming coach is like - and my fear is that Young has the connections to get a long-term deal should this lift occur.

Unsainty79

Juniors
Hi all,

First time poster. Lets hope the Dragons silence on Mary's future is actually a secret agreement for Flanagan to become coach.

Though I do agree Young wouldn't be there worst option, by all accounts he was highly regarded as assistant coach with Indigenous All Stars and Tonga under Woolf. If you're around Wollongong and hang out at his brothers pubs you often hear that Young has no interest in becoming the Dragons head coach... take from that what you will.

Bennett would be a good interim option, but would he be able to let go?

Como Connection

First Grade
Hi all,

First time poster. Lets hope the Dragons silence on Mary's future is actually a secret agreement for Flanagan to become coach.

Though I do agree Young wouldn't be there worst option, by all accounts he was highly regarded as assistant coach with Indigenous All Stars and Tonga under Woolf. If you're around Wollongong and hang out at his brothers pubs you often hear that Young has no interest in becoming the Dragons head coach... take from that what you will.

I recall Benny saying that Deano would he a very good HC, I don't like people knocking him because is Albert's son.
Remember the picture them after the GF win.
Both great Dragons men and Craig is on the St.George side forever.
Plus welcome to the team, good fun.
CC

Gareth67

First Grade
Hi all,

That is a very good point Unsaintly 79 , knowing Bennett a 12 month contract is like going into a pub on a sweltering hot summers day and asking for a cold schooner of Resches only to be served a midi - he would definitely be wanting more .

If Flanagan has no other ideas in mind as far as clubs are concerned and he is able to have his suspension reduced significantly then he should be given the first bite of the cherry , more so after spending a year under the tutelage of the master coach Mary McGregor .

Como Connection

First Grade
That is a very good point Unsaintly 79 , knowing Bennett a 12 month contract is like going into a pub on a sweltering hot summers day and asking for a cold schooner of Resches only to be served a midi - he would definitely be wanting more .

If Flanagan has no other ideas in mind as far as clubs are concerned and he is able to have his suspension reduced significantly then he should be given the first bite of the cherry , more so after spending a year under the tutelage of the master coach Mary McGregor .
Agree, after having to listen to his shit and can see what is possible.
CC

denis preston

First Grade
I recall Benny saying that Deano would he a very good HC, I don't like people knocking him because is Albert's son.
Remember the picture them after the GF win.
Both great Dragons men and Craig is on the St.George side forever.
Plus welcome to the team, good fun.
CC
Surely Deano & Hornby can't escape any criticism during these horrid years ? If they had great objections to the head coaches method and he not listening to them, morally they should have resigned and looked for another club.But no why jump off the gravy train ?

getsmarty

Immortal
Surely Deano & Hornby can't escape any criticism during these horrid years ? If they had great objections to the head coaches method and he not listening to them, morally they should have resigned and looked for another club.But no why jump off the gravy train ?

The Great one may listen to input, but does it end there ? He may believe that His ideas will eventually work...

When that doesn't happen, it is inevitably someone else's fault...

Unsainty79

Juniors

Hmm true, but by that token if the Saints are terrible again this year is Flanagan going to be criticised or do we still remain hopeful that he becomes HC?

I think Hornby and Young genuinely stayed at the Dragons because they loved the club and wanted to see it succeed. Asst. coaches, particularly at the Dragons aren't paid as much as other teams, Hornby only left because he wasn't offered a new deal and by all reports he's doing great at Souths and I also read that Young was offered more $$$ by the Roosters to replace O'Brien, yet he stayed.

Latest posts