What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you prefer to merge or relocate?

Travitoh

First Grade
Hypothetical question...

The NRL has collapsed and is being replaced by an all new competition.

The new competition is happy to take on existing Sydney clubs but only if they either merge with another Sydney club or relocate to an expansion city. Souths have been given first option.

What would your preference be?
If it's merge, who with?
If it's relocate, to where?
And why?

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
Relocate. I wouldn’t follow the NRL if there was no Rabbitohs in the competition. Would love a Northern Territory Rabbitohs. I reckon there’s a lot of untapped talent from up there and we could establish a great juniors program.

I'd relocate to Adelaide for obvious selfish reasons... could even retain the 'Souths' name as a result.
Adelaide does support it's teams well and with a new purpose built rectangular stadium near the CBD (I'd try building on Adelaide Oval #2), i believe the club would thrive. And i wouldn't have to support another club haha.

As a merger, a Souths/Easts adventure intrigues me though it will never happen.
Has the potential to turn the venture into Australia's biggest sporting club but i can see supporters of both clubs failing to get behind it.
Cronulla is another that I'd consider largely down to them being South of Sydney. It's also a venture that Souths could be the dominant partner in.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'd relocate to Adelaide for obvious selfish reasons... could even retain the 'Souths' name as a result.
Adelaide does support it's teams well and with a new purpose built rectangular stadium near the CBD (I'd try building on Adelaide Oval #2), i believe the club would thrive. And i wouldn't have to support another club haha.

As a merger, a Souths/Easts adventure intrigues me though it will never happen.
Has the potential to turn the venture into Australia's biggest sporting club but i can see supporters of both clubs failing to get behind it.
Cronulla is another that I'd consider largely down to them being South of Sydney. It's also a venture that Souths could be the dominant partner in.

Souths and Easts as a merger would form a more powerful club than Melbourne but my question is what would you call it? How does it work so both fans are happy?

blue bags

First Grade
What would your preference be?
If it's merge, who with? IT WOULD BE SHARKS
If it's relocate, to where? MELBOUNE 2ND TEAM, OR TASMANIA,OR ADELAIDE
And why? CAUSE OF ROOSTERS OK

Rabbits20

Immortal
Neither, fight and triumph once again like we have done before to remain in Sydney where we belong. A no brainer of a question if you ask me! Tell me when we start the march, I’ll be there:):D and we’d bring @callmack1 across from over the Tasman too.

Travitoh

First Grade
Neither, fight and triumph once again like we have done before to remain in Sydney where we belong. A no brainer of a question if you ask me! Tell me when we start the march, I’ll be there:):D and we’d bring @callmack1 across from over the Tasman too.

March on what grounds though? In 1999 it was because the club was unfairly kicked out of the NRL.
In this scenario, the NRL/ARL has folded. It's a new comp, run by a new organisation and while they're being invited to apply, Souths, like the other 15 clubs, have no immediate right or agreement to be competing in it.

Last edited:
If we did relocate...Brisbane.

And make sure you have 12 home games at Suncorp. Broncos Titans Cowboys Roosters Saints Bulldogs Tigers Sharks Warriors Manly Storm Panthers.

Then 3 state derby games vs Broncos, Cowboys and Titans away, 7 in NSW (Roosters Tigers Bulldogs Eels Saints Knights Manly) and 1 in Canberra then alternative Storm, Warriors, Sharks, Panthers each year.

Then sell a Sydney membership to Sydney Souths fans for 3 or all NSW/ Sydney/Canberra games.

Rabbits20

Immortal
March on what grounds though? In 1999 it was because the club was unfairly kicked out of the NRL.
In this scenario, the NRL/ARL has folded. It's a new comp, run by a new organisation and while they're being invited to apply, Souths, like the other 15 clubs, have no immediate right or agreement to be competing in it.
Then we would fight to not have to merge with another Sydney team and fight to keep our own identity.

We should show the new comp bosses how we are The Pride Of The League.

blue bags

First Grade
If we did relocate...Brisbane.

And make sure you have 12 home games at Suncorp. Broncos Titans Cowboys Roosters Saints Bulldogs Tigers Sharks Warriors Manly Storm Panthers.

Then 3 state derby games vs Broncos, Cowboys and Titans away, 7 in NSW (Roosters Tigers Bulldogs Eels Saints Knights Manly) and 1 in Canberra then alternative Storm, Warriors, Sharks, Panthers each year.

Then sell a Sydney membership to Sydney Souths fans for 3 or all NSW/ Sydney/Canberra games.
you know the team NAMED the EAGLES , you named all the other teams, except EAGLES

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
Then we would fight to not have to merge with another Sydney team and fight to keep our own identity.

We should show the new comp bosses how we are The Pride Of The League.

Then the club's application is rejected and they can keep their identity in NSW Cup with Newtown and North Sydney.

Last edited: