What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BRL name dropping thread.

Brutus

Referee
I'm surprised the late Mud did not feature in this thread. His input into the history of the BRL is sorely missed.

Last edited:

XXXX Cap

Juniors
I've caught with Jamie a few times in recent years through a mutual friend. Electrifying at his best. Scored a try in the 1986 Challenge Cup final.

Brutus

Referee
I've caught with Jamie a few times in recent years through a mutual friend. Electrifying at his best. Scored a try in the 1986 Challenge Cup final.

Great talent. Wests Easts and Redcliffe.

Tell us xxxx cap, how good do you think Andrew Tessman could have been if he wasn't hit by that car.

He had a great 87 season for Wynnum and showed immense promise at the Broncos.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
No doubt he would have gone a long way.

Had the size and the skills and certainly didn't mind hard work.

Brutus

Referee
No doubt he would have gone a long way.

Had the size and the skills and certainly didn't mind hard work.

Another Wynnum question for you xxxx cap.

Why didn't Brad Backer make it at Wynnum. He was a gun Easts Grand Final winning winger in 83 and played Origin. In 84 and 85 struggled to get a start in the top grade at the Gulls.

Injuries, form?

I know Terry Butler was a given on one wing, but you'd surely have Backer ahead of Warren Green. Green's goalkicking wasn't that great. Surely Colin Scott could have done the kicking.

Latest posts