What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandolorian

shiznit

Coach
I jumped the gun abit... that episode is bad ass...

The very, very end asks some serious questions... without giving away spoilers...

that weapon was pretty distinctive... Before the series even began i actually thought Mando was gonna end up with it... and he may still.

but if Clone Wars is considered cannon... which I thought it was... it’s 1 of 1... and the only way you get that weapon is by relieving it from it’s former master.

and the last person I remember who possessed it was Darth Maul.

which opens up all sorts of cool theories and potential storyline’s...

bileduct

Coach
This series doesn't make much sense a lot of the time.

They're all bailed up in the building before the IG unit arrives, why is Moff Gideon negotiating for their surrender when he doesn't need any of them alive? They've obviously got explosives (which are used to breach the door later on), why not toss em in through the huge open window and be done with it? Similarly, the lone flame trooper didn't need to enter the building, he could have zorched the place through the same window.

The IG self-destruct, again, why? There were far less stormtroopers waiting at the tunnel opening than there were back at the building they were trapped in. The IG unit took out a shitload of them before.

The E Web cannon or whatever it was called? What a lame weapon. Just shoot the box connected to it!

I don't bother watching any of the cartoons, so am I missing something with the jetpack? I thought the armorsmith said it wouldn't follow his commands until he was healed up and done his drills, yet he's using it 5 minutes later?

The show looks great, but as far as writing goes it's extremely thin. It's a Michael Bay Star Wars themed tv show.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
This series doesn't make much sense a lot of the time.

They're all bailed up in the building before the IG unit arrives, why is Moff Gideon negotiating for their surrender when he doesn't need any of them alive? They've obviously got explosives (which are used to breach the door later on), why not toss em in through the huge open window and be done with it? Similarly, the lone flame trooper didn't need to enter the building, he could have zorched the place through the same window.

The IG self-destruct, again, why? There were far less stormtroopers waiting at the tunnel opening than there were back at the building they were trapped in. The IG unit took out a shitload of them before.

The E Web cannon or whatever it was called? What a lame weapon. Just shoot the box connected to it!

I don't bother watching any of the cartoons, so am I missing something with the jetpack? I thought the armorsmith said it wouldn't follow his commands until he was healed up and done his drills, yet he's using it 5 minutes later?

The show looks great, but as far as writing goes it's extremely thin. It's a Michael Bay Star Wars themed tv show.
Not sure about the Jet Pack... but i was referring to the darksaber...

There’s a long and pretty cool history related to it... it was made by the first and i think only Mandalorian who was force sensitive and became a Jedi.

And as i said, if clone wars is considered cannon... then it opens up all sorts of ways the story can be explored...

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Not sure about the Jet Pack... but i was referring to the darksaber...

There’s a long and pretty cool history related to it... it was made by the first and i think only Mandalorian who was force sensitive and became a Jedi.

And as i said, if clone wars is considered cannon... then it opens up all sorts of ways the story can be explored...
Well I am referring to the jetpack the armorsmith gives him. Listen to what she says when handing it over to him.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Well I am referring to the jetpack the armorsmith gives him. Listen to what she says when handing it over to him.
Yeah that’s what I thought she said too so I was surprised that it worked for him. Unless I misunderstood what the armourer was saying.

Despite that I enjoyed the episode and thought it’s been a really entertaining first season. Looking forward to the second which is supposed to be Spring next year.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
To be honest thought it was a pretty boring episode, was expecting some type of twist/cliffhanger at the end.. not really much to keep you hanging on the end of your seat for next season.

As bileduct said, made no sense why Moff Gideon didn’t just blow them to Kingdom Come when he had the chance.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
the last person i remember who wielded it was Darth Maul... i don’t think he was on Rebels... i didn’t watch rebels maybe he was... but did anyone take it from Maul?
Yeah Maul is in Rebels but IIRC it wasn’t him who had the Darksaber. It ended up with the Mandalorians though so Gideon must have got it during the purge.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Mando basically said Gideon needed them alive to find the kid. If he had the kid he would’ve killed them.
Thought the same about the jet pack and him having to do drills, I guess he didn’t do anything too extreme with it, flew up over the tie, landed, then flew to his ship. Maybe after doing his drills he will be doing more tricky stuff.
So was the person at the end of the gunslinger episode Gideon?

bileduct

Coach
Mando basically said Gideon needed them alive to find the kid. If he had the kid he would’ve killed them.
That still doesn't make a lot of sense because Gideon was aware of their ruse with baby carriage being empty, implying that he'd been tracking them. They only split up with Kuiil and the child at the edge of town. There's not many places the child could be, and every bounty hunter in the system is able to track it pretty easily.

That's been an annoyance of mine this entire series as the writers keep forgetting how easily the child can be tracked by having the Mandalorian settle down in some village or constantly go off on quests leaving the child behind in the care of someone who could easily be killed by a bounty hunter.

So was the person at the end of the gunslinger episode Gideon?
Judging from the cape and boots, it would appear so.

shiznit

Coach
Watched the whole series back to back with my 8yr old.

not a bloody bad way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon TBH...

it led to a discussion about what’s possibly going to happen in season 2...

I thought for sure Mando won’t be happy that Gideon has the darksaber and when he finds out he will go after it...

as far as Baby Yoda goes... they don’t have many options... I think Luke was the only Jedi left... and after the last Star Wars it looks like he may have trained Leia by this stage...

but we worked out that Ben Solo would have been about 5yrs old around this time so he won’t be a threat anytime soon...

so Luke is probably it... my son had an interesting idea.. he thought they could give him to Ashoka Tano... but I’m not sure if she’s even still alive.

She was Anakin’s padawan... so well trained... but she’s not a Jedi anymore... and I think she’s old as hell too...

any thoughts??

shiznit

Coach
This isn’t the Mandalorian but has anyone watched the final season of clone wars they are doing on Disney+.

it started pretty slow but the latest episode called the phantom apprentice was f**king unbelievable.

it looks like it’s running parallel to Revenge Of The Sith.

it’s really interesting to see how they’ve built up Ahsoka Tano and Rex and the company of clones who were loyal to her... because you know order 66 is coming and it’s gonna be gnarly as hell seeing it break down from this perspective.

and with the news that Ahsoka Tano is going to be in Mando season 2 it’s going to have some interesting build for that.

Also, the last couple of episodes have been on Mandalore which might answer what happened to the Mandalorian people.

Last edited:

Styles clash

Juniors
Season 1 was boring and derivative. Star Wars fans have big time battered fan syndrome on this one. Watch The Expanse instead.

Last edited:

Latest posts