What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona Virus and NRL Games

giboz71

First Grade
Ado - Carr and Latrell Mitchell are on board with you.

If this thing is going to work for the NRL, the players need to follow what I'm sure will be very strict protocols to keep everyone isolated and in their so called "bubble".

Hopefully Mitchell and Ado Carr aren't representative of most of the players. I have a feeling they probably are though.

And fair dinkum, you've got to wonder how brainless some of these players are. It's one thing to break social distancing laws, but to plaster it on social media for everyone to see is next level moronic.

Dragon David

First Grade
Sarcasm?

No confirmation as yet.
I'm just going by what has been reported that the start date of 28 May has been locked in but the length of the season and a few other things need sorting. Just trying to put some positive spin on this thread as we are getting closer by the day to D-Day, that is Daleague Day.
They sure are Old Timer. Not a good look and could develop into serous consequences for them and a warning to others. Again, it appears that some league players have a law unto themselves.

The games are coming back but don't rock the boat to jeopardise things fellas! Fancy putting this stuff on social media for all to see!! Crazy as!

jeffdragon

Bench
If this thing is going to work for the NRL, the players need to follow what I'm sure will be very strict protocols to keep everyone isolated and in their so called "bubble".

Hopefully Mitchell and Ado Carr aren't representative of most of the players. I have a feeling they probably are though.

And fair dinkum, you've got to wonder how brainless some of these players are. It's one thing to break social distancing laws, but to plaster it on social media for everyone to see is next level moronic.

I'm just going by what has been reported that the start date of 28 May has been locked in but the length of the season and a few other things need sorting. Just trying to put some positive spin on this thread as we are getting closer by the day to D-Day, that is Daleague Day.

They sure are Old Timer. Not a good look and could develop into serous consequences for them and a warning to others. Again, it appears that some league players have a law unto themselves.

The games are coming back but don't rock the boat to jeopardise things fellas! Fancy putting this stuff on social media for all to see!! Crazy as!

And the morons take the photos and post

YoHadrian

Juniors
There really isn't much difference between what they're doing & people crowding onto the beach. Don't think it deserves that sort of over reaction imho.

Dragon David

First Grade
There really isn't much difference between what they're doing & people crowding onto the beach. Don't think it deserves that sort of over reaction imho.
Only that the NRL don't need this, nor the clubs they play for. Surely we must all be anxious to get the games back on if we are league supporters. Of course the beach scene in a way is some sort of comparison, but if everyone is serious about the return of league, then do the right thing.

Dragon David

First Grade
What a joke that Latrell Mitchell is re-signed by the Bunnies for 2021 as they had the option to do this. Bennett would not be pleased with how Mitchell has paid back the club.

giboz71

First Grade

Maybe so, but they are part of an organisation which are asking for exemptions to rules that the entire world is enforcing so they can play footy and get their players paid (let’s face it, that’s all this is about).

They have prattled on about how they will strictly isolate their bubble to ensure safety etc and the players will all buy in to this.

Don’t think that picture really represents what they are promising. And given that Mitchell and Ado Carr clearly have not been isolating, there is far greater chance now that team mates can be infected once they get in their bubble which could blow the whole thing up.

Coffs dragon

Bench

As I’ve said previously, these brainless idiots struggle to keep their Dicks in their pants, how the hell do you expect them to follow biosecurity health measures.
It’ll only take a few to ruin it all for the rest.

Gareth67

First Grade

Vlandys does now have the perfect opportunity to show that he did indeed mean what he said - “ There will harsh penalties to those foolish enough to break the restrictions “ .

Well he has his pair of fools , now throw the book at them and let this be a warning to all .
He can not be lenient in any way whatsoever or it all becomes a total farce .

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Vlandys does now have the perfect opportunity to show that he did indeed mean what he said - “ There will harsh penalties to those foolish enough to break the restrictions “ .

He has a pair of fools , now throw the book at them and let this be a warning to all .
He can not be lenient in any way whatsoever or it all becomes a total farce .
You said it Gareth67.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I was referring more to your comment "The Government has given the green light which they no doubt have obtained a clearance from the health experts..." which I thought was amazing news. Alas, if only true.

I personally have no issues whatsoever with the game going ahead on May 28 (or a week later or whatever) as long as it meets all the health requirements. I know some see this as irresponsible. But if the medical experts say it's OK to proceed, then responsibilities have been met.

The fact is, we are talking weeks away and some state restrictions are being lifted as we speak. If the League is to continue, it must be subject to strict regulation. This has nothing to do with the financial status of the NRL or the morality of it all.

IMO, the game has enough people trying to kick it in the guts without League fans adding kindling to the flames.

I saw a particularly annoying episode of the Offsiders about 2 weeks ago, just after the May 28 date was announced. For people who don't know the show, it is based in Melbourne and supposed to be a review of all sports. But they suck up to AFL and bag out on the NRL wherever possible. So I shouldn't have watched it because I knew what was coming, but I did.

They spent a good 10 minutes saying how bad the NRL was and got into an echo chamber of RL bashing - it reached borderline defamation. The problem being that they don't even know they're doing it. After that, I wanted to see Rugby League back more than ever, if only to see these haters put back in their collective box.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
JAC and Latrell are morons. Not just for doing it in the first place, but for (mindbogglingly) posting it to social media and for their entitled response to it.

They had the nerve to say "it was culture related". I think it was Latrell who said that one of the boys was going through a tough time so they all decided to get together and connect back to the country.

I miss my family (that i'm not allowed to visit), I have friends who can't even see their sibling's newborn babies, friends who are stuck in other countries, and these guys had the balls to attack people who called them out on their wrong doing?

JAC and Latrell apologised on their instagram pages, but then immediately followed it up by sharing people's responses to their apologies on their stories, endorsing people saying "there was no need to apologise" and "it's clearly a racial thing".
It's obvious their managers (or coaches) made them apologise, but they didn't mean a word of it.

Culture and religion is not exempt. There are f**king war veterans who didn't get their ANZAC service a few days ago, and these guys are complaining that they're being treated unfairly amidst a pandemic?

Besides, i'm not expert on the dreamtime, but i'm pretty sure it didn't include quad bikes and rifles.

jeffdragon

Bench
I was referring more to your comment "The Government has given the green light which they no doubt have obtained a clearance from the health experts..." which I thought was amazing news. Alas, if only true.

I personally have no issues whatsoever with the game going ahead on May 28 (or a week later or whatever) as long as it meets all the health requirements. I know some see this as irresponsible. But if the medical experts say it's OK to proceed, then responsibilities have been met.

The fact is, we are talking weeks away and some state restrictions are being lifted as we speak. If the League is to continue, it must be subject to strict regulation. This has nothing to do with the financial status of the NRL or the morality of it all.

IMO, the game has enough people trying to kick it in the guts without League fans adding kindling to the flames.

I saw a particularly annoying episode of the Offsiders about 2 weeks ago, just after the May 28 date was announced. For people who don't know the show, it is based in Melbourne and supposed to be a review of all sports. But they suck up to AFL and bag out on the NRL wherever possible. So I shouldn't have watched it because I knew what was coming, but I did.

They spent a good 10 minutes saying how bad the NRL was and got into an echo chamber of RL bashing - it reached borderline defamation. The problem being that they don't even know they're doing it. After that, I wanted to see Rugby League back more than ever, if only to see these haters put back in their collective box.
If the NRLan get it going.
Great.
Maybe the AFL ha ve a few more states playing .
Or maybe they haven't got the balls to make a start date yet.
And also Peter Fitzimmons has been a harsh critic of the NRL.
Maybe he should worry about his Rugby Union, which Is up the shit

Dragon David

First Grade
JAC and Latrell are morons. Not just for doing it in the first place, but for (mindbogglingly) posting it to social media and for their entitled response to it.

They had the nerve to say "it was culture related". I think it was Latrell who said that one of the boys was going through a tough time so they all decided to get together and connect back to the country.

I miss my family (that i'm not allowed to visit), I have friends who can't even see their sibling's newborn babies, friends who are stuck in other countries, and these guys had the balls to attack people who called them out on their wrong doing?

JAC and Latrell apologised on their instagram pages, but then immediately followed it up by sharing people's responses to their apologies on their stories, endorsing people saying "there was no need to apologise" and "it's clearly a racial thing".
It's obvious their managers (or coaches) made them apologise, but they didn't mean a word of it.

Culture and religion is not exempt. There are f**king war veterans who didn't get their ANZAC service a few days ago, and these guys are complaining that they're being treated unfairly amidst a pandemic?

Besides, i'm not expert on the dreamtime, but i'm pretty sure it didn't include quad bikes and rifles.
You covered it well TomRedVRiver.

Dragon David

First Grade
You covered it well TomRedVRiver.
"There was no need to apologise and it's clearly a racial thing". What a load of crap. If they are Chinese, Japanese, European, etc who also have great culture and they did what the defiant ones did, those people would have been vilified. It is not a racial thing whatsoever, it is a human thing that defies all logical sense when the rules have been written and being enforced. If they get away with it, then those who have already been charged and fined by the police for not observing social distancing rules should be able to claim unfairness and seek clearance of the charges and not be fined.

Come on Mr Vlandys, the ball is in your court to make sure that you mean business and set an example of the three guys.

Latest posts