What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Perth Red

Post Whore
‘actually i think those type of words excuse their behaviour . They are not thick , they are just self entitled who have been excused from their actions by clubs due to their talents , hence why you always find las talented and known players generally get given stiffer penalties then the big names
GI Character reference no other player for same issue
Napa / may get sanctioned .. burgess incident nothing .

list goes on

nah, they are thick.

Saxon

Bench
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/37534a516fdf690adbbbf26a1f2f46b4

So it would appear as though the Fox and Latrine (sounds like a Disney movie) don't give a stuff about social distancing protocol.

These sorts of acts and headlines will give the naysayers and government fuel to put a halt to the May 28 restart.

Selfish merkins. It's always been the Latrine way.
Self entitled f*ckwits, Both of them.

As far as I'm concerned, the League should stand them both down for the season. (Subject of course to it being proved true). Not only putting the season restart at risk, but also potentially risking lives.

And as a Melbourne supporter, if that's Addo-Carr's attitude maybe he should just f**k off back to Sydney.

I know many people have an issue with Latrell Mitchell, I don’t myself. But I’ve had an issue with some of the behaviours of Addo-Carr for a while now. And this only re-affirms my views on him.

I’ll wait to see what comes of this photo stuff, but I for one hope they are punished by both the law and the NRL as much as is appropriate.

On another note... what is it with NRL players and the North Coast??

Think the whole NSW North Coast from Newcastle up to the border should self-isolate from anything to do with NRL players. Stop em at the borders..

moffla

Bench
Was a matter of time for these two. Constantly commenting on each others photos suggesting they ride bikes around Latrell's property etc...I have no doubt these photos were taken very recently. It's stupidity.

Unless they've done this to wind up the media - in which case that's the best fishing I've seen - they deserve appropriate punishment for putting the games restart in jeopardy.

moffla

Bench
Self entitled f*ckwits, Both of them.

As far as I'm concerned, the League should stand them both down for the season. (Subject of course to it being proved true). Not only putting the season restart at risk, but also potentially risking lives.

And as a Melbourne supporter, if that's Addo-Carr's attitude maybe he should just f**k off back to Sydney.
To be honest, as good as he is, I'd be happy for JAC to head to Sydney sooner rather than later. He's mentally checked out of Melbourne

greenBV4

Bench
While the majority will do the right thing, there will be a few who will reck it for the rest.
I hope when this happens, and it will, the NRL come down tough on the player and tougher on the club.
Some clubs think they’re a law unto themselves
Interested in why you think they should be tougher on the club then the player

Addo-carr for example ran off the Sydney the second lockdown came into place and has made it clear he has checked out of Melbourne and desires to be be in NSW, he has had no contact with the club since and the club has no idea what he gets up to in his time off and no power to stop it if they did

If it was a breach of isolation due to a club activity such as training then definately fine the club

The unknown

Juniors

greenBV4

Bench
Addo-Carr has since told The Daily Telegraph he was with his pregnant partner in the region and visited his cousins and uncles.

“It was a cultural gathering,” he said. “Learning about our land and our culture, learning how to hunt, live off the land.”
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...s/news-story/3b6e84005022989870d8162aef1c7f76

Cultural gatherings have been banned though havnt they?
"learning how to hunt, live off the land.” hahaha, shooting cans and riding motorbikes up the beach?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Cultural gatherings have been banned though havnt they?
"learning how to hunt, live off the land.” hahaha, shooting cans and riding motorbikes up the beach?
Yep.

That's no more a cultural gathering than that of a bunch of idiots partaking in the Australian pastime of relaxing on the beach during the lockdown.

moffla

Bench
Interested in why you think they should be tougher on the club then the player

Addo-carr for example ran off the Sydney the second lockdown came into place and has made it clear he has checked out of Melbourne and desires to be be in NSW, he has had no contact with the club since and the club has no idea what he gets up to in his time off and no power to stop it if they did

If it was a breach of isolation due to a club activity such as training then definately fine the club
This. Club can't physically restrain the players.
Suspending the two players will punish the clubs anyway

LineBall

Juniors
Addo-Carr has since told The Daily Telegraph he was with his pregnant partner in the region and visited his cousins and uncles.

“It was a cultural gathering,” he said. “Learning about our land and our culture, learning how to hunt, live off the land.”
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...s/news-story/3b6e84005022989870d8162aef1c7f76
Yeah. Nah.

Your reaching so far on that one that's it turning into a reach around.

Who’s reaching now?

moffla

Bench

Well...he would have had a fighting chance with the whole "these photos were from last year" if he didn't come out and say anything after.

greenBV4

Bench
Well...he would have had a fighting chance with the whole "these photos were from last year" if he didn't come out and say anything after.
Apparently he has now tweeted it was in "November" - when most the North Coast was on fire and a total fire ban was in place, so those campfire photos dont support that

Unfortunately some players really aren't too bright..

Tommy Smith

Referee
Even though i thought poorly of Addo-Carr before all this, I didn’t think he’d go for the card.. but appears he has. More fool me.

Throw the book at him.
I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls up his shirt and points to his skin colour if the police quiz him.

He only did it 99 times during the All Stars game; surely we need to see his chest one more time just to be sure.

Latest posts