What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Latrell - the gift that keeps on giving. And always thought Addo Carr was overrated and is a dickhead on the field - both are not team players.

moffla

Bench
I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls up his shirt and points to his skin colour if the police quiz him.

He only did it 99 times during the All Stars game; surely we need to see his chest one more time just to be sure.
I mean there are solid reasons (particularly now) to be sink the boot into JAC, but pointing to his skin in a match celebrating Indigenous culture shouldn't be one tbh.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I only discovered afterwards that Tyrone Roberts-Davis was also involved in this. He was only recently signed to a 1 year deal with my club after being on a train-and-trial contract during the pre-season.

I'd have no problems if the Knights tore up his contract and offered it to Matt Soper-Lawler who was also competing for a contract and missed out.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
basically after this , I’ve lost all sympathy for any players that cop it from the media from now on , we have given them benefit of the doubt for too long

I only discovered afterwards that Tyrone Roberts-Davis was also involved in this. He was only recently signed to a 1 year deal with my club after being on a train-and-trial contract during the pre-season.

I'd have no problems if the Knights tore up his contract and offered it to Matt Soper-Lawler who was also competing for a contract and missed out.
Soper-Lawler should have gotten a spot before Roberts-Davis anyway.

I mean there are solid reasons (particularly now) to be sink the boot into JAC, but pointing to his skin in a match celebrating Indigenous culture shouldn't be one tbh.

Got no doubt the Storm will replace him ok enough if he has checked out of Melbourne. Vunivalu too. Got a history for these things.

Re the all-stars thing. I get celebrating indigenous culture is of the highest importance and love seeing and being involved in celebrations and community events that do so.

I’ve seen guys like Dean Widders, Ricky Walford, Preston Campbell, and the Rabbitohs club as a whole (amongst many many others) who’ve done outstanding things in this regard.

This bloke however in my view is provocative rather than promotive.

Nicky Winmar showed absolute class and pride when he lifted his shirt to point at his skin in opposition to the consistent racial abuse coming from over the fence at him from AFL fans. It’s one of the most powerful and endearing photos in both Australian Sport and Indigenous history. Class in the face of abuse will always win.

Addo Carr has shown absolutely nothing near the class or power of what Nicky Winmar has or ever will. Or..

Dean Widders
Ricky Walford
Preston Campbell
The South Sydney Rabbitohs
And an endless list of people and organisations who positively promote indigenous culture.

The only thing is that he is much younger than many others and so (hopefully) can wise up with some more years behind him.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
I thought it was a cool tribute to Nicky Windmar the first time he did it. But by the 4th or 5th time I just thought it was over the top. Probably just me being a merkin though.

moffla

Bench
Got no doubt the Storm will replace him ok enough if he has checked out of Melbourne. Vunivalu too. Got a history for these things.

Re the all-stars thing. I get celebrating indigenous culture is of the highest importance and love seeing and being involved in celebrations and community events that do so.

I’ve seen guys like Dean Widders, Ricky Walford, Preston Campbell, and the Rabbitohs club as a whole (amongst many many others) who’ve done outstanding things in this regard.

This bloke however in my view is provocative rather and promotive.

Nicky Winmar showed absolute class and pride when he lifted his shirt to point at his skin in opposition to the consistent racial abuse coming from over the fence at him from AFL fans. It’s one of the most powerful and endearing photos in both Australian Sport and Indigenous history. Class in the face of abuse will always win.

Addo Carr has shown absolutely nothing near the class or power of what Nicky Winmar has or ever will. Or..

Dean Widders
Ricky Walford
Preston Campbell
The South Sydney Rabbitohs
And an endless list of people and organisations who positively promote indigenous culture.

The only thing is that he is much younger than many others and so (hopefully) can wise up with some more years behind him.
Fair point of view. I suppose it can be argued he's been subject to racism and who knows where his head is at. I just don't think it should be seen as a "right" for someone to display their pride in that sense.

With that said, when it comes to class etc you're right - I think he's got a long way to go and a lot to learn to be held to the same standard as those players you have mentioned. Same as LM

moffla

Bench
I thought it was a cool tribute to Nicky Windmar the first time he did it. But by the 4th or 5th time I just thought it was over the top. Probably just me being a merkin though.
Nah, not being a merkin - see my post above. I could also be bias given i do have (or had) a soft spot for him