What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Vee

First Grade
Use of force by a footballer against women? And of course they might have been let in/invited by his sister, who might be one of them. He could have holed up in his room and played chess online while the five babes were there, of course.

Test the f**ker.
Just the f**ker or all of him?

TheFrog

Coach
The wet lettuce leaf the NRL blockheads were hit with clearly indicates a strong message the NRL holds itself as a high integrity organization.
They are leaving themselves an escape route should more players show up on social media breaking the rules.

franklin2323

Immortal
Of course. Only RL is held to a loftier standard.

Someone should ask Gladys how this affects AFLs chances of having a hub or even starting in NSW.

I know Peter Fitzsimmons will keep the bastards honest in the interests of journalistic impartiality and integrity.

That is why the Season ban talk is just crazy. Just another reason to lay the boot into RL

franklin2323

Immortal
Ah yes, of course, the fine and four week suspension handed out to the idiot AFL player crashing his car is holding a lower standard to the NRL idiots punishment?

The wet lettuce leaf the NRL blockheads were hit with clearly indicates a strong message the NRL holds itself as a high integrity organization.

He crashed a car while drunk that will be a fine and games missed all the time

Ah yes, of course, the fine and four week suspension handed out to the idiot AFL player crashing his car is holding a lower standard to the NRL idiots punishment?

Pfft. Media shrills got Mitchell Pearce 8 weeks, $125,000 fine and no rep footy in 2016...because he was intoxicated and pretended to root a dog.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Sorry, Reyno w
Sweden didn't shut down and they have contained it well. Less deaths than a flu season. The question is going to be should we have just done that and accept a couple thousand deaths rather than ruin our economy with the likelihood of many thousands of deaths.

would you be happy for one of your family to be a casual death. A commodity so people can make a buck?

Willow

Assistant Moderator

AFL player was drink driving as well. What's your reason for omitting this from your story?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Please NO! 3 weeks without the NRL bang in the middle of our season...do you want to give rival codes a leg up anymore?

Pfft, such a dumb argument.

Origin will rule the media leading into the weekend, so no advantage there (if fans already want to watch NRL and AFL, they will do that regardless.)

The thing that actually gives other sports a leg up is making your own comp shit quality for 8 weeks by pulling players out and forcing them to back up 2 days later.

International’s are for post season. The schedule just gives 3 Origin games. More people will zone out during those 3 weeks and just wait for the Origin. Just play after the Grand Final, allows the NRL season to go on and then we get our Origin fix after the season in a time where there are no other sports on in this country.

International’s are for post season - No it isnt. Just because you arbitrarily make a rule, doesnt mean it is true.

More people will zone out during those 3 weeks and just wait for the Origin - You mean like they do now with the NRL during the origin period? At least this would give the rep teams a chance to run around and it wouldnt make the NRL ladder a joke.

allows the NRL season to go on and then we get our Origin fix after the season in a time where there are no other sports on in this country. - I thought the post-season was only for internationals, make up your mind.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Players holding out for assurances re pay and insurances etc. nrl still as slack as ever in not having i’s dotted. Can’t blame Greenberg anymore.

Perth Red

Post Whore
International’s are for post season. The schedule just gives 3 Origin games. More people will zone out during those 3 weeks and just wait for the Origin. Just play after the Grand Final, allows the NRL season to go on and then we get our Origin fix after the season in a time where there are no other sports on in this country.

tne suggestion was have a mid season three week rep period with origins and pacific cup schedule. Union in europe successfully stops mid season for the six nations. Mid season people,are getting fed up,of nrl games anyway.
november I want to see ashes series, trans Tasman series, 5 nations, world cups not two states playing.

Spot On

Coach
Players holding out for assurances re pay and insurances etc. nrl still as slack as ever in not having i’s dotted. Can’t blame Greenberg anymore.

Lol.

Time for the players to become selfish and make sure they do what is most important for them and their careers...

...fishing, camping, shooting, tic toking.

Last edited:

no name

Coach
AFL player was drink driving as well. What's your reason for omitting this from your story?
He also left the scene before police arrived.
And was then on the piss at someone else’s house.
So it was drink driving, crashing into four cars, leaving the scene and then breaking the social distancing rules.

Of course Ben Cousins is the gift that keeps on giving.

As an aside, I see SMH reporting Fox want a discount on season. They doing same to Vick Le Kick (as they call it in France)?

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors

The facts of the AFL situation are no secret so it's not 'my' story. He got what he deserved, no arguments from me.

The NRL went full soft cock on these blokes and sends a message to the rest that they can pretty much do whatever they like if they can afford a fine.