What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BJ

I hope BJ hasn’t been exercising his tongue for more trash talking, he embarrassed himself with the performance he put in against the Knights, he needs to play to a standard that he produced during the Warriors trial game.

Tigerm

First Grade
I hope BJ hasn’t been exercising his tongue for more trash talking, he embarrassed himself with the performance he put in against the Knights, he needs to play to a standard that he produced during the Warriors trial game.
Agree, but he wasn't alone in the knights game.

gordsy

Juniors
Yeah, who cares about the second fastest player in the league, the kid who always puts his hand up and makes the hard runs coming off our own line.
For a bloke who people stupidly spout as the second fastest player in the league he doesn't outrun or run down that many people. As for the hitu ps he does that but so do all decent wingers.

WA Tiger

Bench
For a bloke who people stupidly spout as the second fastest player in the league he doesn't outrun or run down that many people. As for the hitu ps he does that but so do all decent wingers.
I’m glad Ive got “The last Dance” to distract me from this Twaddle ..Although Im sure you’ll find fault with MJ too..

If u cant see how important Nofos hard, fearless and inspiring carries - off our line and in general - are to us AND not flinching when he’s getting hit from all directions and seeming to be running into bricks walls for big portions of games but still breaking tackles and making impressive gains compared to other decent wingers that can tend to be in top 6 teams so they don’t cop the consistent punishment he does then you stick to your forwards and your corporate speak, that’s where u do your best work

You guys are missing the Forest for the trees ..I don’t even notice his mistakes...I see how he changes momentum in a game. Shit everyone makes mistakes esp players who aren’t willing to hang back and make up the numbers ..we’ve had plenty of those to choose from in the past

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
So you praise a bloke for all the good he does but ignore the bad he does. Seems like a fair critique :oops:

WA Tiger

Bench
Scoring tries conceding tries come and go but you find me a player that can single handedly change the momentum of a game however he does it, I’ll take him coz those ones are rare....Momentum change is the - Full House to the Tries - 3 of a Kind.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
BJ's playing partner wants to come back to the NRL? I admit I don't know anything about him except that I read he & BJ had a great partnership. Is he worth a look at?

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...ls-nrl-intentions/ar-BB12Qd35?ocid=spartanntp

Jordan Rapana signals NRL intentions
A follow up to above:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/87de142708351267a6fbb248d3b98a89

The NRL rejected Rapana from returning this year, but Fox League’s chief NRL reporter James Hooper revealed the Wests Tigers and Raiders are interested in the Kiwi international’s services.

“The Bulldogs are having a look at Josh Reynolds … he has been at the Tigers for the last couple of years but has had some injury issues and hasn’t been able to get on the field that much,” Hooper said on Triple M.

“If that were to happen, I think the Tigers could possibly have a look at Jordan Rapana. He went to Japanese rugby, but unfortunately wasn’t able to get on the field as a result of the coronavirus that shut down global sport.

“That would mean BJ Leilua and Jordan Rapana – who had such a successful combination at the Green Machine – could potentially reunite at Concord.”

Tigers coach Michael Maguire and Rapana have worked together for the New Zealand side, which could work in the Tigers’ favour but Hooper believes if he does end up back in the NRL it will be with the Raiders.

“The other X-factor in all of that scenario is that I think you will find the Raiders are also having a big look at Jordan Rapana as well,” he said.

“They would really like to get him back there, he would add value.

“Rapana of course played Test football for the Kiwis, and Madge is the Kiwi coach as well as the Tigers coach so they have probably had a couple of conversations there.

“But further to that, the Green Machine will probably make a big play for Jordan and I reckon in all likelihood, he may land there.”

Fordy20

Juniors
It would be viewed as a feel good story for the Bulldogs if Josh Reynolds came back to them, kinda like Benji's return for us. Foran is off contract and although he's only 29, I can't really see any teams being too keen to offer him top dollar after the string of problems he's had getting on the field at the Eels and Bulldogs.

As for Rapana, he's no spring chicken either. He'll be 32 next year. As far as winger stocks are concerned, I'd rather us focus on youth or a big Fijian bloke.

The unknown

Juniors
Would still much prefer to shift our spending onto forwards. Think we are ok in backs for the moment and have a solid crop of youngsters coming through.

Hate to be a negative Nancy but our forwards on their day can be great, still a long way off bringing that consistency week to week though. As shown in the Knights game where they got raped. Our forward depth is also terrible...if say we lose a Twal or Aloiai it’s straight back to Einsenhuth again.

Vic Mackey

Referee
It would be viewed as a feel good story for the Bulldogs if Josh Reynolds came back to them, kinda like Benji's return for us. Foran is off contract and although he's only 29, I can't really see any teams being too keen to offer him top dollar after the string of problems he's had getting on the field at the Eels and Bulldogs.

As for Rapana, he's no spring chicken either. He'll be 32 next year. As far as winger stocks are concerned, I'd rather us focus on youth or a big Fijian bloke.

YeaH Reynolds back to the dogs would be like Benji coming back here in 18. A feel good story for a long suffering fan base.

Not sold on Rapana, would rather give Bradley/Talau/Hoffman a shot and spend the money elsewhere

Keep in mind this is from Hooper who’s strike rate is worse then mine back in my clubbing days.

gordsy

Juniors
Not that it really matters know but instead of signing Rapana for a short deal why wouldn't we just put Talau on the wing ?

WA Tiger

Bench
He looks good at centre though..With his size and speed he’s not afraid of the dummy or round the corner pass to the wing..and then the step either side...He’s got that calm where it’s like he sees everything and knows how to beat his opposite.. Great Clip