What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jerseys On Sale at Peter Wynn Score..........Retro Special

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Shut up muz this is serious talk.
Hey man, I’m all for a good musical chat..

I just rocked in here after a few days and found that suddenly a retro jersey thread is now a guitar thread.. Which would be a common thought for anyone jumping in here for the first time..

Just a comment, nothing more, nothing less..

I’m just puzzled as to why OKB got so overly defensive & personal about it..

It’s rather odd.

Insecure behaviour like that ruins things for all of us.

avocado

Juniors
I notice you have a Duesy - how do you like it?
The Duesenberg is amazing. German built quality. So many tones available. I don’t use it at loud gigs. Feeds back like a bastard.
What model is that P in natural ?
It’s a 1980 Fernandes. Japanese built P copy and I actually prefer it to my USA P bass also pictured.
What brand is the blue bass and is that a 3/4 neck or just the angle of the image?
It’s a short scale Squier Jaguar.
Upgraded bridge, tuners and pickups. Great little bass.

Anybody remember how hard those old jerseys were to get on and off?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Anybody remember how hard those old jerseys were to get on and off?
They were a bitch to wrangle off when wet, but overall I’ve found the nylon newer closer fitting style of jersey worse to get off after a game.

blue bags

First Grade
Peter Wynn was my high school maths teacher.

Lovely bloke...
Brian Smith was our PE MASTER, and our rugby league coach and trainer, at the time he was playing for south Sydney rabbitohs, mostly reserve grade, he was a dedicated disciplined teacher that was very fair, as our coach, he got the best out us, he was very focused, motivated us really good with disciplined training, very detailed on our game plans
well he did have a rep team in his hands , overflowing with talent, from the props to the extended bench, our manager was emoh. Emerson, a st.george senior referee from the local league, so he knew what the go was, he was a science teacher in our high school, we kicked ass, we won the national schoolboy knockout, commonwealth bank cup, final was played with the amco cup final ,

we did a tour of England, as the Australian schoolboy champions, playing footy against there teams after that,

and this is only half the story

Last edited:

Banjo2014

Juniors
Brian Smith was our PE MASTER, and our rugby league coach and trainer, at the time he was playing for south Sydney rabbitohs, mostly reserve grade, he was a dedicated disciplined teacher that was very fair, as our coach, he got the best out us, he was very focused, motivated us really good with disciplined training, very detailed on our game plans
well he did have a rep team in his hands , overflowing with talent, from the props to the extended bench, our manager was emoh. Emerson, a st.george senior referee from the local league, so he knew what the go was, he was a science teacher in our high school, we kicked ass, we won the national schoolboy knockout, commonwealth bank cup, final was played with the amco cup final ,

we did a tour of England, as the Australian schoolboy champions, playing footy against there teams after that,

and this is only half the story

Hey BB wasn't Emerson a Math's teacher - we won the Buchan and Buckley shield in those days.

Smith used to sit in the middle of the ground with his shirt off - put sun tan oil on and make us do laps.

Girls at Moorefield loved it.

The other PE guy was great - Don Fury.

Smith had his fun with us too - sit ups all day in the Squash court and he used to bring out the gym equipment - the springboard and vault.

Many thought he was a wanker but I liked the training ....

Memories - Harriett the French Teacher - Bright the Art Teacher - Hudsfield later Hunter the English teacher - Snidely whiplash the maths teacher who caned everyone and the Math's master whose name escapes me - one of the best was Mr Ryan the Geography master who coached the Rugby team - always got an A if you made his team - agghhh memories

Graeme Wynn wouldn't have the old JAMES COOK BOYS HIGH JERSEYS would he

Last edited:

blue bags

First Grade
Hey BB wasn't Emerson a Math's teacher - we won the Buchan and Buckley shield in those days.

Smith used to sit in the middle of the ground with his shirt off - put sun tan oil on and make us do laps.

The other PE guy was great - Mr Fury.

Smith had his fun with us too - sit ups all day in the Squash court and he used to bring out the gym equipment - the springboard and vault.

Many thought he was a wanker but I liked the training
thats right my memory has faded, i was thinking EMOH was a history, or geography , or science teacher, might have mixed up the buildings of each subject
i remember PE teacher FURY he was involved in all the league and union teams, just forgot his name
BRIAN SMITH and FURY loved the students doing running, push ups, sit ups, chin ups, i remember doing over 1,000 seat ups in a session, and 16 chin ups in fitness tests, and the medicine ball
another teacher was involved with the league, union teams, ALCHIN , you remember him
we won the Buchan and Buckley shield in those days.YES WE sure DID , league and union, we had heaps of good players, from year 12, 11, 10, and 9 ,
i remember winning games , 120-0, 115-10, 90-5, 80-0
very strong pack of forwards, the backs would cut lose ,
alot of games were a try a thon,

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
@Old Kogarah Boy 1 are you okay with your thread drifting back to jersey talk?

Personally I think it’s a good thing as there’s more discussion happening, but that’s only my opinion.. What really counts is your decision..

avocado

Juniors
@Old Kogarah Boy 1 are you okay with your thread drifting back to jersey talk?

Personally I think it’s a good thing as there’s more discussion happening, but that’s only my opinion.. What really counts is your decision..
Was this really necessary?

Barry Beath was my grade 9 maths teacher. I think. Was a long time ago.

I want to have a go at one of these. @RedVee @Old Kogarah Boy 1 @Heavy D any of you tried one?
403F9737-4AEC-4120-8905-DE9C28EAEAC3.jpeg

blue bags

First Grade

The other PE guy was great - Don Fury.

Many thought he was a wanker but I liked the training ....

Memories - Harriett the French Teacher - Bright the Art Teacher - Hudsfield later Hunter the English teacher - Snidely whiplash the maths teacher who caned everyone and the Math's master whose name escapes me - one of the best was Mr Ryan the Geography master who coached the Rugby team - always got an A if you made his team - agghhh memories

Graeme Wynn wouldn't have the old JAMES COOK BOYS HIGH JERSEYS would he
yes i forgot about MR RYAN, he had curly hair. he loved rugby league in our school, he was very calm and cool, laid back teacher
the deputy principle head master was an angry grumpie lol . avoid him.
i do remember snidely whiplash , he was a bit odd
there was teacher ELPHICK , i remembered his name now , edit,,,,, i think in English or maths, that hated schoolbags on the shoulder, he patrolled the stairs, hallways, in between classes .he used to grab you around the neck, shoulder, and twist it, and hurt us,if our schoolbag around our shoulder, bastard lol
miss hunter the music or history teacher , if my memory is right, she was blonde, the best looker in whole school, everyone loved her, very nice , she was hot lol

do you remember ALCHIN teacher, he was involved in the sports teams
and end of year, music dance in the hall, with moorefield girls high lol

Last edited:

Latest posts