What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jerseys On Sale at Peter Wynn Score..........Retro Special

avocado

Juniors
Best teacher I ever had was Mr Ware. Bulli High maths teacher. A genius at explaining maths and thunk outside the square before it became cool.
He also gave me the cuts once. Still respected him.

I think the cane should be re introduced.

Discuss

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Was this really necessary?
Ordinary I’d say no, as I enjoy the way a public forum ebs and flows..

But @Old Kogarah Boy 1 made himself clear:
I started the thread and if l see fit to move in another direction and members enjoy having a chat about the changed topic ( especially during this stay at home period ) ....... then l will do so.

So it’s only polite that I obey his command..

RedVee

First Grade
Was this really necessary?

Barry Beath was my grade 9 maths teacher. I think. Was a long time ago.

I want to have a go at one of these. @RedVee @Old Kogarah Boy 1 @Heavy D any of you tried one?
View attachment 38056

Barry Beath was one of my all time favourites.

James Cook knocked us (Lewisham) out of the Commonwealth Bank Cup at your oval in 1979 on a disputed decision. I’m still cut lol.

Double Bass ? No, only a very limited go on a 1/2 size job. Sorta cool. I have a half a thought to rent one for lessons when I retire. Rent, because if I stink I’m not out multi thousands of dollars. If it works out I’d look for a string quartet for dinner music and stuff. A nice retirement.

avocado

Juniors
Barry Beath was one of my all time favourites.

James Cook knocked us (Lewisham) out of the Commonwealth Bank Cup at your oval in 1979 on a disputed decision. I’m still cut lol.

Double Bass ? No, only a very limited go on a 1/2 size job. Sorta cool. I have a half a thought to rent one for lessons when I retire. Rent, because if I stink I’m not out multi thousands of dollars. If it works out I’d look for a string quartet for dinner music and stuff. A nice retirement.
I’m guessing it’s a completely different technique? How did you go with it?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yes whatever but should the cane be reintroduced?
The cane is outdated and medieval.

We should modernise and use short, sharp electrical bursts directed to the kids iPhones and smart watches.

See Johnny pass notes saying the teacher is a drone?

See Johnny jump when 100v zaps him via his mobile phone..

RedVee

First Grade
I’m guessing it’s a completely different technique? How did you go with it?

better once the owner showed me to pluck with the side of my finger. Coincidentally, since then I’ve used that technique on my Ibby ABG and the P copy (and even the Goth) when playing old timey music and even Christmas Carols. (on the Goth!)

Heavy D

Juniors
Only have the Dingwall on the right now. I've never tried a double bass , but they look like hella fun!

avocado

Juniors
Makes the notes and sound more even across the bass. You don't like them? Being a leftie is a curse!
Sound more even? How?
I think it looks kind of cool. Just never understood the thinking behind it. I guess I could google it but I’d prefer to keep it in the bass guitar thread.

Yeah I’d hate to be a leftie. Limits what you can get.

RedVee

First Grade
Sound more even? How?
I think it looks kind of cool. Just never understood the thinking behind it. I guess I could google it but I’d prefer to keep it in the bass guitar thread.

Yeah I’d hate to be a leftie. Limits what you can get.
The bridge is also angled. Giving different scale lengths per string.
Supposedly a more accurate representation of where the notes are on the individual strings when that is taken into account.

Heavy D

Juniors
Can notice more on the b string. It sounds really boomy on some basses, and if i play a fast passage down low, notes can get lost, cant hear what im playing clearly. But with the longer string, the tension on the string makes the notes sound as crisp as the thinner strings, making everything sound more even across the bass.

avocado

Juniors
Still in isolation so got a good deal of a Squire Stratocaster with extra Humbucker pick up. Quite amazed at the quality of it overall.

View attachment 38125
Nothing wrong with Squiers. I have a Squier Jag and although I’ve swapped out the bridge, strings, tuners and pickups, these are still a well built instrument.

Squier Classic Vibes have great reviews.

getsmarty

Immortal
2020_upto70off_screen.jpg

DRAGONS

Dragons Team Store end-of-season sale
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 30 Sep 2020, 10:40 AM

The Dragons Team Store are holding their end-of-season sale exclusively in-store and online, with all XBlades apparel half price and selected sale items up to 70 per cent off.

The end-of-season sale will begin on Wednesday, September 30.

A great way to load up on all your favourite Red V gear while also scoring great deals, make sure you get in quick while stocks last.

Head to the Dragons Team Store located at St George Leagues Club (124 Princess Highway Kogarah NSW 2217) or visit the Dragons online store: https://shop.dragons.com.au/collections/sale

Dragons Team Store trading hours –
Monday: 12pm-5pm

Tuesday: 12pm-5pm

Wednesday: 12pm-5pm

Thursday: 12pm-5pm

Friday: 12pm-5pm

Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED

For full terms and conditions regarding the Dragons Team Store end-of-season sale, please click here.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/09/30/dragons-team-store-end-of-season-sale/

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The Dragons really need a new copywriter.

That add doesn’t lure you in..

It simply says “want to remember how shit 2020 was? Here, buy this cheap stuff which none else wanted”

Realistically they should be saying:

“Limited edition commemorative merchandise now available:

- Souvenir premiership 10th anniversary jerseys in multiple designs
- Media polos - the same style worn to announce the sacking of Mary - going fast
- Limited edition 2020 calendars so you too can mark off the same shit on a different day
- 2020 caps & beanies - hide your shame in public just like the players do

These great 10% off deals are only available for a limited time. Buy now, before they get Hooked”

merahputih

Juniors
dragons long sleeve jersey.jpg

I was given one of these old style long sleeve jerseys back in the 60's by a mate. It got lost when I moved house. No number or player's name (and no ads) but it probably would be worth a few bucks now.

Latest posts