What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

BLM01

First Grade
If only his excuse defence mechanism could be translated to defence on the field, we'd be conceding 5 points a game.
I must admit McPaddles lost me only about 3-4 years ago when he proudly educated his players to target conceding 16 points maximum. Then in lied what I saw what we had as a coach and the culture he was forming. But he forget to give em a target or work out a new way for scoring points which was slowly filtered into our game. But then 16 just became all too hard for em.
Even with a overseas coaching learning junket he came back with knowledge around muddy footprints and that stop and go paddles can help his team make a decision on field.

redv13

Bench
He’s a fuc*wit who needs to go immediately but let’s be honest here:
1: He isn’t walking away and
2: The board won’t move him on so
3: Were totally fuc*ed for another couple of years minimum
4: It’s clear as day that STGILL management give zero fuc*s about the members and fans and only care about themselves!!!
5: The whole place from top to bottom needs a broom straight through it

D8FAE3DD-3464-44CF-A1E4-AF2D44C23098.jpeg
Gerard Murphy of Management by Design in full flight. Mr Murphy was engaged to improve the club.

Review of the review #1

There’s some good material floating around by management by design. We can learn what they are about.

Mr Murphy arrives at the club with an extensive background in tutoring clubs in an effort to improve results and culture.

People will remember that the review was very critical of the existing culture, the mysterious “DNA” said to be lacking. This was supposedly evidenced in players ignorance of the rich and proud history of both the St George Dragons and Illawarra Steelers.

General Managerial Thesis:

Basically he gets the players to imagine and nominate characteristics and behaviours of good sides and then once that is down pat, the players are to be held up to them.

That they are all to “ buy in” to a standard they believe in and following any deviation or failure to live up to this, he believes in the prevalence of “honest discussions”

Player Rank and Seniority is not an issue. For example Tristan is welcome to criticise Ben with no comeback.

It seems to me that this would account for the historic “presser of shame” with the alleged delinquents. Part of the “honesty process” although as we saw, it was not only brutal it all but cemented Frizs decision to leave with a pointed message about the clubs prospects ( aka a p.r disaster).

It is my sincere opinion that the humiliating public “honesty” session in this case was misapplied because I did not see any lack of intent or effort from these players. Heat of the moment errors, slips and innocent misjudgments under the most intense club pressure imaginable. But they tried, they had a red hot go.

Those of us who know nrl players, know that many of them take failure very personally. They can sometimes be their own harshest critics. They have already internalised and been honest. There’s no need to burden most of them with additional insecurity.

Friz was not wandering around after the game telling people how great he played. He wasn’t in a delusion of self importance or grandeur, thus the Management By Design model as applied by Mary- the “ honesty” model -had no application here whatsoever.

What he needed was probably some care and comfort and a buying in of his intent. Share his dissapointment and be reassuring. After all, he tried his ass off. Show some respect, especially to the group leader.

To assume he wasn’t internally honest about his performance was grossly disrespectful and hurtful. In his eyes, there’s no point having a go, if you are going to get a public flogging anyway. So he sees the direction the club is heading in and wants out. He won’t be the last.

Mr Murphy was summarily sacked by the Geelong cats prematurely for allegedly causing extreme player discord, discomfort and disharmony. Some players were very critical of his style and behind the scenes tactics.

In his defence, if you don’t see your tenure out, it’s hard to ascertain your impact over the whole year plus club politics. It’s not going too well at sgi at the moment, but who knows?

In my next review of the review, I will examine and focus on the Meditation group. I seem to have found that they have well established links to persons already providing services to sgi and third parties. I am not going to suggest a jobs for the boys (and girls in this case) rort, but let’s say, there is no evidence of services being put to open tender -if that was a more desirable approach.

The mass sacking of junior and support staff is also of interest and I’m not quite convinced that the grounds for these dismissals were backed up and the team results 2020 suggest otherwise.

I wonder if Mr Murphy has had the same discussion with the board about “ honesty”?

Their appointment of him suggests a new hard direction, most definitely a slight on Mary and by intent or misapplication or just ignorance, he’s doing a good job of cruelling its success.

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
I must admit McPaddles lost me only about 3-4 years ago when he proudly educated his players to target conceding 16 points maximum. Then in lied what I saw what we had as a coach and the culture he was forming. But he forget to give em a target or work out a new way for scoring points which was slowly filtered into our game. But then 16 just became all too hard for em.
Even with a overseas coaching learning junket he came back with knowledge around muddy footprints and that stop and go paddles can help his team make a decision on field.
Your a patient man there BLM01 as McPeanut lost me over 15 years ago. Still recall when he was Strength & Conditioning coach under Nathan Brown’s watch, we had the worst run of high profile player injuries I can remember. He was a dud then and one of the first support staff shown the door by Bennett.
How the f.ck anyone ever let him back is truely diabolical.
Claim to fame : Favourite former Steeler son, good bloke, enjoys a beer, mates with all the media & former Origin Heavy weights plus great buddies to our Chairman of the Dragons. There’s your culture right there!

LINESPEED

Juniors
Your a patient man there BLM01 as McPeanut lost me over 15 years ago. Still recall when he was Strength & Conditioning coach under Nathan Brown’s watch, we had the worst run of high profile player injuries I can remember. He was a dud then and one of the first support staff shown the door by Bennett.
How the f.ck anyone ever let him back is truely diabolical.
Claim to fame : Favourite former Steeler son, good bloke, enjoys a beer, mates with all the media & former Origin Heavy weights plus great buddies to our Chairman of the Dragons. There’s your culture right there!

You say it all - perfectly!
Brilliant post

Andrew has a lot to answer for in the sponsoring of this fool who’s fuc/ked our Club

They’ll all pay big time - each in their own way via their trashed legacies.

History won’t be kind fellas:

upload_2020-5-3_15-30-16.jpeg

It actually gives an insight into the standards set and what McGregor and the Board deem to be acceptable.
Even the lay punters like us know that to win a comp, we need to concede an average of 11-13 points a game so obviously we have given up on that aspiration long ago.
16 pints conceded a game is borderline play offs which also seems to elude us.
I just wonder whether, Bellamy, Bennett or Robinson would be happy with conceding 16 points a game?
Comparatively, we are not even in the race.

BLM01

First Grade
It actually gives an insight into the standards set and what McGregor and the Board deem to be acceptable.
Even the lay punters like us know that to win a comp, we need to concede an average of 11-13 points a game so obviously we have given up on that aspiration long ago.
16 pints conceded a game is borderline play offs which also seems to elude us.
I just wonder whether, Bellamy, Bennett or Robinson would be happy with conceding 16 points a game?
Comparatively, we are not even in the race.
Those 3 coaches...they would work towards and strive for Zero. Enough said there
And 16 has long eluded us. These days we are lucky to keep under 26

LINESPEED

Juniors
Those 3 coaches...they would work towards and strive for Zero. Enough said there
And 16 has long eluded us. These days we are lucky to keep under 26

Hey Andrew Gordon,

“There have been 42 different NRL coaches sacked, with eight having the misfortune to be dumped more than once. Tim Sheens, Matthew Elliott, Daniel Anderson, Brian Smith, Nathan Brown, Anthony Griffin and Jason Taylor have all been despatched twice, with Chris Anderson getting the flick three times.”

Yet your Waterboy mate with a far worse finals record remains mysteriously unsacked.

WHY?

What stats support your Board’s
relentless support for this demonstrably failed coach?

What stats are you and his massive (& embarrassing) support network seeing that the rest of the planet is missing?

SAP58

Juniors
Man...this guy has 9 lives ! Whilst each club was upfront and advised their coaches & staff were either put off during the Covid-19 crisis (Dean Pay) or took a significant pay cut BUT our club kept Coach Noidea on and paid him full freight - I can only assume that is the case as we were not told anything different as per usual. This confirms we have a tough couple of years ahead until we get rid of Coach Noidea, I am not sure I can last that long !

Hey Andrew Gordon,

“There have been 42 different NRL coaches sacked, with eight having the misfortune to be dumped more than once. Tim Sheens, Matthew Elliott, Daniel Anderson, Brian Smith, Nathan Brown, Anthony Griffin and Jason Taylor have all been despatched twice, with Chris Anderson getting the flick three times.”

Yet your Waterboy mate with a far worse finals record remains mysteriously unsacked.

WHY?

What stats support your Board’s
relentless support for this demonstrably failed coach?

What stats are you and his massive (& embarrassing) support network seeing that the rest of the planet is missing?

That’s a good topic for episode 4 of “ review of review”

Whoops, I must have missed the section on concerns as to

By rights it should have taken up most of the space

Some obs:

* usually the fans and members behaviour can let the club and its management down. In your case, it’s the other way around.

Fortunately for you, the rest of the game is aware of it and no-one grubs out on the everyday sgi fan and member. Except of course the used up punks on mmm who have Mary connections and were offended by the signs. Well I was offended by them a thousand fold more for knocking the banner people I regard as heroes. Not listening to them anymore.

* you used to feel sorry for shit go-nowhere clubs and now you tend to admire them and sadly most of them, are flogging you or you self destruct before them. The titans will overtake you next year I’d say, even without sell out Arrow.

* I can’t think of another club that has lost so much talent in the last 2 years. Can you? Lose the likes of Widdop and announce Issac Luke as a replacement. He’s hip and friendly, but he’s not good enough these days to tie up Widdos boots.

Millwards spin on losing Friz was pathetic. I don’t know the all the issues, but he’s not coping. Some truth might have been nice. The Mary truth. Nobody believes in Mary. End of section. That’s all he had to say.

Now you have to pay overs during a worldwide pandemic when all of the licensed clubs are closed and there’s no money. But as said earlier, McFullfreight. Business as usual at hq.

* I can’t think of a club that has blamed so many people for the mistakes of so few. Can you? Does Mary know more than the multitude of victims of his yearly purges?!

* it’s now a humiliating experience to log into dragons.com.au and see that they are begging for money. There’s memberships now available for the possum that lives in your roof. Adorn your mailbox with a custom jersey for $100. Keep your bills in sgi. They beg for your help, grovelling and squirming when THEY WONT HELP YOU!

The only great hope is Flanagan. He’s the only one wielding any power who describes Mary as the elephant in the room ( aka that no-one can see). When he led the sharks to the premiership, the only guy wearing a tie ( looking corporate) was the coaches box drinks Steward. Now you have these loafers bullshitting everyone with corporate pyscho-babble. Mary on pin striped steriods. All good if you were getting results, but it’s failure, compound lying and deceit to keep mateships intact. Are these people friendless?!

El flanno is ready made and ready to rumble. Ffs go for the dispensation now. Pick up the phone Andrew, ring vlandy and threaten to pull your mind sapping media sponsorship.

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Can't coach.

I hope his team continually gets thrashed until he goes if that is what it takes. This team is 3rd last and has lost 7 in a row.

Day 28
Ryan Webb

The famous post above on Independence Day nearly 4 years & 15,000+ posts ago.

Ryan it’s now 2020 & the post is tragically even more relevant this morning

Magnified

7years of abject coaching failure by every stat

upload_2020-5-4_6-59-37.jpeg

Yes have a closer look in the mirror Waterboy

...we’ve looked on for 7 years & seen that you cannot coach at NRL level.

The game’s up mate.
You’ve been counted out by the fans & players:

upload_2020-5-4_7-38-7.jpeg

Accept the judgment
Desist from cowardly blame & deflection
That’s not the Australian way

- no-one wants you except a Board whose self-interested treachery has been noted by all

Step aside this week or you’ll be despised forever

You are systematically & ruthlessly destroying our great Club

There’s a man behind those eyes that cannot see - one who’s blinded by an insatiable ego

.. an ego that’s negatively affecting Club finances, thousands of lives, countless careers & a 100 years of once proud Club history:

16 Premierships
13 Runners-up
17 Minor Premierships

Your best is 7th in 7years

You’ll never win a title other than The Spoon

You’ve been given a good Aussie fair go, so return the favour & bow out this week with dignity
...or await the brickbats & teary presser heading your way

Look into that mirror and tell yourself you’ve had your best shot & will no longer be selfish & hold the Club to ransom on the back of Andrew’s friendship rather than merit

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Since Anzac day 2019, SGI have played 20 games. Results Won 4 Lost 16. Those 4 games were against Bulldogs, Cowboys and Titans (2) - all bottom 5 teams.

In any other sport, those stats would have seen the end of the coach.

Sadly, I wish for continued losses if it means the end of this imposter.
So true.
But if you listen to the press us supporters are just whingers & not true supporters.:thinking:

Latest posts