What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beer Thread

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Found a place that sells the fliptop 500ml bottles like the ones grolch come in. Should do the trick
No, if your bottles are going to explode under normal circumstances this won't make any difference, it's just a more expensive cop out, there is a reason why bottles explode, do some research..........

Bazal

Post Whore
It was way too tart for my taste.

Individual taste is a funny thing...had one with lunch. I found it very gentle honestly, just a mild tartness on the back which made it really easy to drink. Almost felt it could be a little more sour for me.

It's no Descent by any means but I'm glad I bought a couple of four packs

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Individual taste is a funny thing...had one with lunch. I found it very gentle honestly, just a mild tartness on the back which made it really easy to drink. Almost felt it could be a little more sour for me.

It's no Descent by any means but I'm glad I bought a couple of four packs
yeah, I've always tasted sour and bitter flavours very strongly, so iipa and sour beers just aren't for me

Bazal

Post Whore
yeah, I've always tasted sour and bitter flavours very strongly, so iipa and sour beers just aren't for me

I used to be, but for some reason the hop bitterness or a sour works fine for me.

It's that really pointless bitterness you get in a shitty lager for eg that I can't do. Stella is one, can't drink more than one or two. For years I thought I didn't really like beer because as a kid you basically just drink shitty lagers.

Beers with that really musty kind of malt make me gag too.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I used to be, but for some reason the hop bitterness or a sour works fine for me.

It's that really pointless bitterness you get in a shitty lager for eg that I can't do. Stella is one, can't drink more than one or two. For years I thought I didn't really like beer because as a kid you basically just drink shitty lagers.

Beers with that really musty kind of malt make me gag too.
Malty beer is awesome, but yes it has to be a clean finish

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Malty beer is awesome, but yes it has to be a clean finish
I had this on Sunday.

715837AF-1D51-48CF-89EA-0B9309301059.jpeg

14.2%...

First few sips felt like scotch, but once I got accustomed to it it went down a bit easier.. Don’t think I’d have one again though..

Nothing like having the equivalent of half a bottle of wine in one stubby of beer to send the afternoon sideways quickly..

That being said, I’ve also got a can of Sierra Navada Narwhal sitting in the fridge.. Not something for a school night..

Bazal

Post Whore
That being said, I’ve also got a can of Sierra Navada Narwhal sitting in the fridge.. Not something for a school night..

Especially now that the merkin is in 500ml cans or near enough...the little 300ml or whatever stubbies were good.

I'm hoping Plonk get the new Hoptimum in this year.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I had this on Sunday.

View attachment 38098

14.2%...

First few sips felt like scotch, but once I got accustomed to it it went down a bit easier.. Don’t think I’d have one again though..

Nothing like having the equivalent of half a bottle of wine in one stubby of beer to send the afternoon sideways quickly..

Lightweight

James Squire “Broken Shackles” Lager. Nice, easy drinking Lager. Good to have something different to the plethora of Pale Ale, XPA, IPA, NEIPA, etc hitting the market. Probably released a bit late though, would have been a good drink for summer.

Bazal

Post Whore
To offset the disgraceful discussions of lager (I kid, mostly), I've cracked one of my remaining dozen cans of Descent 19

Tell you what, not sure if it's settled or if it's my own palate after drinking four Teelings (most likely a little of both) but man this stuff is drinking like chocolate butter. It literally tastes like when your mum was making a good chocolate cake, and she'd melt chocolate and butter together and you'd sneak a spoonful. Ridiculous beer.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Don’t forget you me 2 free 6 packs of Two Suns either, or that shitty Coles champers for $45...

The Two Suns one has expired and i think i will skip the crappy Coles champers but thanks for the heads up, it was funny, i was going to use my serve up the other day just to get a bottle of the Aradon Rioja for $5 but the tickets came through in the morning for $6 as a discontinued line so i bought the last 4 bottles we had and it worked out all most the same with the staff discount and i could buy more than one.

Bazal

Post Whore
The Two Suns one has expired and i think i will skip the crappy Coles champers but thanks for the heads up, it was funny, i was going to use my serve up the other day just to get a bottle of the Aradon Rioja for $5 but the tickets came through in the morning for $6 as a discontinued line so i bought the last 4 bottles we had and it worked out all most the same with the staff discount and i could buy more than one.

Have they disco'd the Aradon?

F***********ck I better got buy a dozen for old times sake

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Yes i keep on looking at the Deep Woods but as the stock levels for our wines decrease out the back the box has become more exposed so i'm sure the manager will find it and try to work out why it doesn't scan :(

Yep about the reps, used to get so much stuff from them especially at Quaffers, had a few things from them in the early days at Liqourland but it all dried up.

I thought this was a beer thread?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Just tried some Ginger Yowie from the 1st choice down the road. Tastes great but couldnt do a full session on it. Would get a headache just from the sugar alone

Latest posts