What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Perth Tiger

Bench
Recorded the first season of Britannia and watched the first episode last night.

I love history and Druidism is particularly interesting so I enjoyed it.

me too and I really enjoyed both seasons so far. Although don’t expect to much historical accuracy

Xcalibre

Juniors
me too and I really enjoyed both seasons so far. Although don’t expect to much historical accuracy

Yeah a lot of it is clearly fantasy, but I still like it. I don’t even mind the contemporary style of speech they use, like I normally would.

Won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but I watched “By the River” on ABC’s compass series yesterday.

It’s about life (and death) on the river Ganges in Varanasi, India. The holiest city in India and one of the oldest inhabited cities throughout the world.

I took interest in it having visited there in 2014 on a tour with my cricket team. I’m not a religious man but geez this place had a profound effect on me. India is a fascinating concoction of all sides of humanity from some of the oldest societies on earth.

it’s about 25 minutes long, link below. For anyone who’s been there, or in India you’ll know where I’m coming from. For others, I’m sure you’ll find it intriguing if you’ve got an interest in human cultures of the world.

https://www.abc.net.au/religion/watch/compass/by-the-river/12163896

PJ

First Grade
Won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but I watched “By the River” on ABC’s compass series yesterday.

It’s about life (and death) on the river Ganges in Varanasi, India. The holiest city in India and one of the oldest inhabited cities throughout the world.

I took interest in it having visited there in 2014 on a tour with my cricket team. I’m not a religious man but geez this place had a profound effect on me. India is a fascinating concoction of all sides of humanity from some of the oldest societies on earth.

it’s about 25 minutes long, link below. For anyone who’s been there, or in India you’ll know where I’m coming from. For others, I’m sure you’ll find it intriguing if you’ve got an interest in human cultures of the world.

https://www.abc.net.au/religion/watch/compass/by-the-river/12163896

Cheers, will watch.

Visited India for the second time in 2018, and can't wait to go back.

Varanasi was somewhere I always wanted to go, and glad I did, but not sure I would rush back.

Cheers, will watch.

Visited India for the second time in 2018, and can't wait to go back.

Varanasi was somewhere I always wanted to go, and glad I did, but not sure I would rush back.

Yes I’m the same. It’s a fascinating but confronting place, especially on the ghats.

PJ

First Grade
Yes I’m the same. It’s a fascinating but confronting place, especially on the ghats.

The Ghats didn't particularly bother me, in fact walking along the river was one of my favourite things there, along with the Ganga Aarti Puja.

Can't really put my finger on what it was, but wouldn't hurry back. Love to get back to Agra (mainly cause there was a restaurant there called Pinch of Spice which was unbelievably good which is saying something since everything we ate was great) and Bhandhavgarh.

Next I think we are going to head up from Mumbai into Gujarat and then across Rajasthan to Jaipur.

Or Chenai across to Goa.

to_ddeath

Coach
Second season of Afterlife. Literally crying with laughter one scene, then tearing up the next. Ricky is brilliant in this and he's a very talented writer.

Took me til the 3rd ep of season 1 to truly enjoy it but has since grown on me big time. Up to the 2nd of season 2 ATM.

mackdadday

Juniors
Finished all 7 seasons of Children's Hospital. Beautiful, comedy granite. Non-stop laghter from episode 1 till the finale..So happy it has got a spin off on Netflix with Medical Cops. So silly, so good.

Did anyone watch Ghosts while it was on?

Quality show from the original ensemble who did Horrible Histories.

Some great manic comedy, homages and a bit of heart.

Loved it. Can't wait for season two.

mackdadday

Juniors
Jst downloaded all of the first season of solar opposites, which is from Jstin Roiland who makes Rick and morty. High hopes!

Parra

Referee
Second season of Afterlife. Literally crying with laughter one scene, then tearing up the next. Ricky is brilliant in this and he's a very talented writer.

I did not realise there was a season 2. Thought it was done. This was one of those great surprises.

Timbo

Staff member
Dispatches from Elsewhere.

I can’t work out of its brilliant or one of the self indulgent messes I’ve ever seen.

bileduct

Coach
Homecoming.

I thought season 1 was really good, but season 2 (which dropped a few days ago on Amazon Prime) was a bit of a let down. The end was pretty f**king silly to be honest. Some of the camera work, particularly in season 1, was awesome.

wilco44

Juniors
I watched season 1 Flack before and now I'm watching Season 2 ep 2...at the start...I can't stop laughing ...the premise not the show at all! lol!

upload_2020-5-26_20-52-13.jpeg

Timbo

Staff member
Finally got around to watching The Last Dance.

It’s such a well made doco, but geez, didn’t take much for MJ to decide to burn a persons entire career to the ground did it?

Matua

Bench
Buffy - Vampire Slayer. Terrible. But season 1 Sarah Michelle Gellar is worth it.
I can get someone not liking Buffy, but it's far from terrible, it's beloved by fans show and well respected by critics.