What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

taipan

Referee
Can someone send V'landys to a proper tailor so he can finally have a suit that fits?

If you want to see an ill fitting suit, look at the suit on the ch10 sports' guy Mat Burke.It looks as if it has been picked up on the run, from the Tempe tip.
Knew the Tv stations were on their a*se, but that is taking the p*ss.

V'Landys should be wearing Gladiator garb.He's in a fight against the detractors of the 28th May start ,ch9 and Foxtel and the likes of FitzSimons.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Premier to meet NRL on Queensland clubs
The NRL will meet with Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk this week to work through the NRL involvement of Brisbane, North Queensland and Gold Coast.

The Premier, who on Sunday announced an easing of COVID-19 restrictions beginning this weekend that will allow Queenslanders to leave their homes for recreation, has already been presented with a detailed NRL plan on the extensive biosecurity measures to be implemented as part of a May 28 restart to the competition.

Now we know Melbourne have moved to NSW, I saw mentioned the Warriors might play in Gosford.

I presume no fans for a while. The draw will interesting.

LINK

Last edited:

Silent Knight

First Grade
If you want to see an ill fitting suit, look at the suit on the ch10 sports' guy Mat Burke.It looks as if it has been picked up on the run, from the Tempe tip.
Knew the Tv stations were on their a*se, but that is taking the p*ss.

V'Landys should be wearing Gladiator garb.He's in a fight against the detractors of the 28th May start ,ch9 and Foxtel and the likes of FitzSimons.

lSnJ2Vx.jpg

I BROUGHT THE NRL BACK EARLY! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

Chook Norris

First Grade
Interesting the change in views. 1-2 months ago people on here seemed pretty anti PVL. What has caused this change?

In my view, hes exactly what we needed during this crisis. Someone who didnt give a f**k what other in the media thought. He'll also reset the NRL's cost base which is good and seems to have united a lot of people in the NRL. Another tick.

Will he fall victim to keeping the clubs happy in the long run though (when there are benefits to shaking things up i.e. expansion when things look better)?

Interesting the change in views. 1-2 months ago people on here seemed pretty anti PVL. What has caused this change?

In my view, hes exactly what we needed during this crisis. Someone who didnt give a f**k what other in the media thought. He'll also reset the NRL's cost base which is good and seems to have united a lot of people in the NRL. Another tick.

Will he fall victim to keeping the clubs happy in the long run though (when there are benefits to shaking things up i.e. expansion when things look better)?
I agree .
This iwill seem like a minor skirmish compared to
When he tries to pull the old boys club brigade into line ( when covid19 settles down) .
Will be all out brawl
The clubs are so used to getting their way ..now they have some one who will take them on
Will be interesting times .

typicalfan

Coach

He put people offside when he made his Perth comments. Then because he was being talked up by some media people so he was a media puppet. His role in racing would show otherwise and no one sticks it up the Vics better than he does.

taipan

Referee
I like the way PVL does things
f**k the media
f**k the pollies
f**k anyone who gets in my way .
There's also the added bonus of not liking Victoriania or their abortion of a sport .

View attachment 38092

Think we should nickname PVL "the bird".Because he gives it to anyone who gets in his way, and at times to some of the dick craniums in the media.

Used to be a song by the Trashmen "Everybodys talkin about the bird."

Perth Red

Post Whore
You could also add
3. The AFL does this so much better .The Afl is so good .

Dont forget "suburban grounds suck", "crowds in NRL are largely shite" and "most NRL fans have no idea about how the NRL runs". Thanks for following me everyone, your attention is appreciated.

Perth Red

Post Whore

If he wants to keep his position he will cave in to the clubs demands. such is our independent commission constitution.

TheFrog

Coach
When I saw that Greenberg was like a puppy dog next to him back around round 1, that was enough for me. Before that I barely had heard of him.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I get the feeling you wouldn’t want to get an eyeballing from PVL.

yeh the way he punished the players who broke covid curfew what was quite scary, or not.
He also didnt think having a news ltd employee on the commission was a conflict of interest!
I wouldnt be getting so gushy about this bloke till after we see what deal he cuts with nine and fox.

Last edited:

Latest posts