What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Rabbits20

Immortal
There's some speculation that Ado-Carr will be at Souths next season, if this comes to pass will we be buying into a bag of trouble?
I don’t want Addo Carr. I would be staying clear now.

I reckon Solly is thinking the same.

On another note:

[/URL]

Souths skipper Reynolds praised Mitchell’s attitude despite a tough first outing, and compared him to Michael Jordan when sharing his concern over the media scrutiny he attracts.

“He’s been positive. We need to give him a rest. The media keep chasing him up. I’d hate to see us lose Latrell through all the media pressure. He’s just a kid,” Reynolds told reporters on a Zoom call Wednesday.

“We need to give him a bit of space. I’m not worried about him leaving the game, but he’s a human being, if you keep knocking him and chasing him wherever he goes.

It happened to Michael Jordan. He’s made some mistakes. He’s constantly scrutinised by the media and I think it’s unfair,” Reynolds continued.

“He’s on the front page of the paper seven days a week. If it was another player he wouldn’t be on the front page.

“I don’t think it’s fair that journos can turn up to his front door and harass him. He’s coming in here all bubbly. We’ve just been trying to cheer him up at training.”

Nailed it Reyno

Travitoh

First Grade
I don’t want Addo Carr. I would be staying clear now.

I reckon Solly is thinking the same.

On another note:

[/URL]

Souths skipper Reynolds praised Mitchell’s attitude despite a tough first outing, and compared him to Michael Jordan when sharing his concern over the media scrutiny he attracts.

“He’s been positive. We need to give him a rest. The media keep chasing him up. I’d hate to see us lose Latrell through all the media pressure. He’s just a kid,” Reynolds told reporters on a Zoom call Wednesday.

“We need to give him a bit of space. I’m not worried about him leaving the game, but he’s a human being, if you keep knocking him and chasing him wherever he goes.

It happened to Michael Jordan. He’s made some mistakes. He’s constantly scrutinised by the media and I think it’s unfair,” Reynolds continued.

“He’s on the front page of the paper seven days a week. If it was another player he wouldn’t be on the front page.

“I don’t think it’s fair that journos can turn up to his front door and harass him. He’s coming in here all bubbly. We’ve just been trying to cheer him up at training.”

Nailed it Reyno

Comparing Latrell to Jordan is unfair.

Jordan is a shit bloke outside of his basketball achievements.
I've knocked Latrell the professional before but there is no reason to knock Latrell the human.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
From Sporting News,

South Sydney CEO Blake Solly defends lack of club action taken against star recruit

South Sydney CEO Blake Solly has defended the club’s decision not to impose any consequences on star recruit Latrell Mitchell over the camping trip he hosted on his Taree farm last month.

The 22-year-old was last week fined $50,000 (60 percent suspended) and handed a suspended one-match ban by the NRL.

He was also charged with one firearms offence after Melbourne Storm star Josh Addo-Carr was allegedly filmed firing one of Mitchell’s registered guns during the controversial trip.

Addo-Carr, who copped the same punishments from the NRL and also received a separate firearms charge, was forced to front the entire Storm playing group on Monday to apologise.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy also reportedly berated Addo-Carr and put his team-mates on notice over their social media use on a video call last week.

In contrast, the Bunnies star will seemingly escape any club-imposed consequences, with Solly drawing a distinction between Mitchell and Addo-Carr’s actions when asked if the star off-season recruit has been reprimanded by the Rabbitohs.

“Not really, we had a chat with Latrell last week and we supported him through the process,” Solly told WWOS Radio.

“There’s a bit of a difference between Josh and Latrell - Latrell … that’s his property where Josh visited.

“Latrell’s got a working farm there that he just bought and spends a lot of time there.

“He’s been up there since the end of March so when the competition was suspended Latrell and his partner were up there, she gave birth to his daughter up there.

“It was a bit different I think, the circumstances were very different.

“Latrell’s been working on that farm and trying to get it into shape since the end of March and whether Josh should have travelled up there is a matter for Josh.

“But I don’t think Latrell’s in the same category as Josh in this circumstance.”

Mitchell was back in the headlines on Monday when he was one of three Rabbitohs stars sent for a COVID-19 test after exhibiting flu-like symptoms.

The ex-Sydney Roosters star tested negative and will resume training with his team-mates on Wednesday ahead of the May 28 season restart.

southsport

First Grade
Sounds like Mago will be good to go. He's pushing for a return and Round 3 would be a 13 week recovery for him.

I certainly think Amone can step up!
Yeah we need both, I'm still concerned about left centre and my preference is for Mitchell to play in that position, Manu will make anyone else that Souths have to play that position look second rate imo.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Comparing Latrell to Jordan is unfair.

Jordan is a shit bloke outside of his basketball achievements.
I've knocked Latrell the professional before but there is no reason to knock Latrell the human.
I do not think Reyno meant it in that way, I get what Reyno was getting at.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yeah we need both, I'm still concerned about left centre and my preference is for Mitchell to play in that position, Manu will make anyone else that Souths have to play that position look second rate imo.
Manu is underrated by some I feel, he’s a very very good centre.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I still get nightmares from that game in 2018 where he absolutely carved us.
Yep and Gagai was just arm grabbing and not putting his body on the line. I was cursing for Gags to just tackle him low by the legs and stop him that way.

In the end Gags went off I believe and Mmmuuuurrrraaaaayyyyy kept him quiet to assure ourselves a top 4 spot to end last season.

Edit: just realised you’re talking about the 2018 prelim. I do not wanna go back to what happened there.......

callmack1

Staff member
Coaches warn of ‘disastrous’ consequences over plan to revert to one-ref system: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...m/news-story/4ec272bde55936f56e19deebdd91671b

I'm still not sure whether I like the idea of having one Ref or not. To be honest, I'm leaning towards keping it as is. As the saying goes, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' and I feel that applies here.

Plus, we are trying to eliminate the wrestle in the ruck apparently and having one Ref with less eyes on the ruck isn't going to help with that. Plus, as some coaches have said, we started the 2020 Telstra Premiership with a two Ref system so that shouldn't be changed so that we can maintain the integrity of the competition.