What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook. Are you on there? I'm not.

I used to be, but i wasn't engaging as much as i used to, well, i didn't write much on there years ago either; and with these political adverts!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am, I rarely post, but I do keep in touch with relatives abroad. It is monitored by my current employer.

some11

Referee
I try to keep my personal info off the web as much as possible.

Only problem is facebook is still good for buy/sell groups. I get my brother to list stuff for me.

axl rose

Bench
female and a wests tigers supporter. Dreams do come true.... pm me ;):p:p
Haha reality of the girl you were talking to on ICQ

maxresdefault.jpg

Misanthrope

Staff member
I used to be super active on Facebook - daily status updates, regular photo uploads, 'Notes', playing games etc.

These days, if I didn't use it for work and keeping touch with family while I'm abroad, I would probably prefer to just delete it altogether.

I have it, but am not very active. Limited to close friends, here and overseas. It is useful to see updates and photos from abroad, as well as the sports news feeds. I only use Instagram to keep track of a few close friends and what the Roosters players are doing.

Life's Good

Coach
I’m on there but have kept the settings as private. My usage is mostly:
Lurking/marketplace/groups (all related to car racing) - 80%
Liking - 10%
Commenting - 5%
Posting content - 5% (only my go kart racing)
I do enjoy being able to see what family are up to but that’s not too difficult as I keep in touch anyway. Keeping tabs on old school friends is nice. Keeps some of my school life memories alive(although I hate hearing about ‘so & so’ just passed away).

nöyd

Staff member
Used to be, hated that all the sports pages I liked and followed had nothing but countless heroes saying shit to teams/players that they wouldn't dare say to their face, so much negativity so I got rid of it, especially after I found out you could completely delete your account, not just disable it.

Templier64

Juniors
I used to be, but i wasn't engaging as much as i used to, well, i didn't write much on there years ago either; and with these political adverts!
First of all thank you for validating my presence on your fantastic rugby legue forum .I am very honored I am french and use Facebook since 10 years . I am living in Biarritz Basque Country where we have ocean , beaches, surfing, mountains rugby also… Very happy to be here . I wrote already books about rugby league whose the last one translated especially for you !

Silent Knight

First Grade
My attention-seeking cousin dragged me on to FB back in the day despite my complete lack of interest in it initially. I was at least a year behind the rest of my friends in getting on there.

Early on I did get a bit attached to it and made a lot of dumb, random posts and uploaded photos from all my overseas trips.

But I pretty much changed my attitude after that hack Zuckerberg fronted Congress over the Cambridge Analytica debacle and basically admitted Facebook had no control over how my data was utilised. I was also quite aware by then about how potential (or even current) employers would review your FB profile and make a judgement about you and this could affect your career prospects.

I promptly deleted a lot of my earlier sh*t and downloaded all my photos to my PC and external hard drives - also yes I do know the metadata gets retained so nothing is completely gone off FB, but I did what I can. I keep a token presence on there just so I can see what my friends are doing and make the occasional comment on a news story.

Oh and the "15,000 days of Souffs failure" facebook page does provide a good LOL from time to time. lol@souffs.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Back what like 10 years ago it was good. Was just young people on there sharing photos of getting loose. Now from what I can see it’s mainly used by bored house Mums and boomers.

I still have a page and a business page but don’t use it a lot, and basically never post on my personal one anymore.

I’ve been on twitter for a while but over the last 2-3 years got really bad looking at it non stop. I deleted it off my phone earlier this year and am so much better for it. I wasn’t someone who tweeted a lot but you could lost on it and 99% of it is people being aggressive for the sake of it. I still have it on my iPad but I only use that a couple of times a day. Really recommend doing the same.

As mentioned before, I am not active on Facebook, and have my settings on private and kept tight to only the people that matter. It is the same with Twitter and Instagram. I am a bit more relaxed with LinkedIn, but that is quite different. I now like forums such as this one more TBH, even though I am a relatively late bloomer so to speak.

Latest posts