What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Perth Red

Post Whore

The Great Dane

First Grade
Why are people acting as if it's surprising that kooky fundamentalists are refusing to get vaccinated?

I'm more surprised that nobody predicted something that, in hindsight, seems so predictable. With all the Mormon, Jehovah's witnesses, etc, islanders in the game we should have seen it coming.

GAZF

First Grade
Sia Soliola that's where im genuinely upset at his involvement. I had held him in the highest esteem possible for a raiders player. Tough, hard, uncompromising footballer with a ton of skill, who does it the right way with hard work, and was maybe the best off field leader and role model the club has had since Ruben Wiki.

My opinions on him have dropped precipitously
Sia is still a great bloke, its just disappointing that he's woefully misguided on vaccines.

Its one thing to hold genuine religious beliefs that preclude you from accepting certain kinds of medical treatment, but another to do so when the health of others is at risk - which is a situation these players will likely find themselves in when a COVID vaccine becomes available.

Jamberoo

Juniors
which would make some sense except it is an afl club that has saved them lol.
Sydneysiders are a paranoid bunch. As it the AFL has the time or inclination to meddle in this. There is great co-operation between Storm and the Melbourne AFL clubs. Eddie McGuire had Craig Bellamy on Footy Classified last night for 15 minutes.
I come here for my RL news and every second post is about the AFL. Give it a rest.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Sydneysiders are a paranoid bunch. As it the AFL has the time or inclination to meddle in this. There is great co-operation between Storm and the Melbourne AFL clubs. Eddie McGuire had Craig Bellamy on Footy Classified last night for 15 minutes.
I come here for my RL news and every second post is about the AFL. Give it a rest.

Though I agree that many of the conspiracy theories around the AFL are silly, you can't deny that they have meddled and even sabotaged other codes before.

BTW, when the Raiders think that the Brumbies aren't a real threat there's great co-operation between them as well...

big hit!

Bench
Is it coincidence that Papalii and Tapine were lazy as dog shit when Verrells scored his GF try, and they're ant-vaxxers? I think not

unforgiven

Bench
Why are people acting as if it's surprising that kooky fundamentalists are refusing to get vaccinated?

I'm more surprised that nobody predicted something that, in hindsight, seems so predictable. With all the Mormon, Jehovah's witnesses, etc, islanders in the game we should have seen it coming.

Mormans and Jehovah Witnesses are not anti vaxx? In fact the Church of Latter day Saints provide funding for vaccination programs.

Canard

Immortal

Its clearly not the AFL directly, but its a decision motivated by a dislike of our great game, thats for sure.

Albury Council got a big FU from there local sporting club and the Storm, so Its all good in the end.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Seems it will be jab or no play , when asked about it in presser , premier basically said if it was in the plan submitted and approved then nrl would basically have to follow it .
Which makes sense they can’t say we will do x,y,z to let us play and then if players refuse just get them to sign waivers .

TheFrog

Coach
Big Mal needs to get Bryce in and have a little chat along these lines:

Now Bryce, you're on a pretty good wicket here at the Titans. You've got a year and a bit (or whatever it is) to go on your contract and we'll pay you until the last day, flu jab or not, play or not. But I want you to know that not only will your next contract wherever that might be will be worth substantially less than your current one, I'm talking seriously less mate, since you are only barely a first grader these days, but it will have a clause in it that you must get vaccinated whenever the club deem it necessary. Now I know you have your principles, but what skills do you have outside this sport? Maybe your granddad Merv taught you how to lay bricks? How many do you think you'll have to lay to make a quarter of what you are making now? Just how will you feed those two lovely children of yours? Now roll up your sleeve son.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Mormans and Jehovah Witnesses are not anti vaxx? In fact the Church of Latter day Saints provide funding for vaccination programs.
Yeah and the Pope is accepting of homosexuality now, yet there're still innumerable catholic priests across the world preaching homophobic ideas.

The organisation as a whole may not be anti-vax, but that doesn't stop fundamentalist priests from all different sects and right across the world from preaching all sorts of things including anti-vax and anti-modern medicine.

unforgiven

Bench
Yeah and the Pope is accepting of homosexuality now, yet there're still innumerable catholic priests across the world preaching homophobic ideas.

The organisation as a whole may not be anti-vax, but that doesn't stop fundamentalist priests from all different sects and right across the world from preaching all sorts of things including anti-vax and anti-modern medicine.

What crap

Latest posts