What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

hazzbeen

Bench
If that’s the case they have no alternative but to stand themselves down on moral, ethical and ‘professional’ grounds - to name a few.

It must be quite taxing for them defending the indefensible at social functions & in the private realms of their own conscience.

How do they sleep on a lie at night?

....with the 2nd worst coach in rugby league history newly ‘bedded down’
for another year’s failure
Looks like to me they are sh*t scared to bring in a Coach with authority , that will rattle the place , Flanno is there at the moment and if he is to take over when super coach goes he would have been institutionalised by then with the Dragons footy mentality ......

I agree.

TruSaint thought my earlier criticism of Ryan may have been a bit premature and the jury was still out.

I cut some slack for Gerard Murphy and the cats because whatever the grand plan, he didn’t get a full season of engagement and his on going honesty sessions may have turned things around ( although was their was talk of violent and bitter argument).

Linespeed seems to argue that because Ryan is answerable to the board and the board are f**ked, logic dictates he will only do their bidding.

The irony is that TruSaint doesn’t depart from this poor assessment of the board one iota.

They are both right.

So the only hope in Ryan is whether or not he can steer the board into something approaching reality. A secret agenda even. Slow and steady de-maryfication of the club.

If he can’t talk sense into them, he won’t be effective and be just another snout in the trough.

That trough is getting shallower. If I was a sponsor I’d be beyond furious with this crew.

Have my brand associated with the demeaning treatment of fans, members and now players?!

Times are tough, money is getting harder to get. Wtf are Mary and the board doing? Note Ryan big on naming and praising sponsors. That was good.
The Board and the previous CEO's have had many opportunities to sort out the coaching malaise.
I am impressed by the Board's resilience and blind insistence when it comes to McGregor.
Loyalty or stupidity? Maybe both...
IMO it is commercial suicide which outweighs any perceived saving they may imagine by persevering with McGregor.
Instead of solving the problem they keep renewing and upgrading McGregor's contract.
What strikes me is that even a corrupt, decrepit, stubborn and insensitive Board such as ours must surely want to be successful on the football field.
So what is the fascination with McGregor?
A forensic review of the review and the Board may reveal the truth.

getsmarty

Immortal
The Board and the previous CEO's have had many opportunities to sort out the coaching malaise.
I am impressed by the Board's resilience and blind insistence when it comes to McGregor.
Loyalty or stupidity? Maybe both...
IMO it is commercial suicide which outweighs any perceived saving they may imagine by persevering with McGregor.
Instead of solving the problem they keep renewing and upgrading McGregor's contract.
What strikes me is that even a corrupt, decrepit, stubborn and insensitive Board such as ours must surely want to be successful on the football field.
So what is the fascination with McGregor?
A forensic review of the review and the Board may reveal the truth.

What Saving...He is on good money...which makes the decision even more stupid...

People rate him....his results tell a different story.

What Saving...He is on good money...which makes the decision even more stupid...

People rate him....his results tell a different story.
I figure that he started on a discounted rate and hi remuneration improved with every renewal.
Cheaper I suppose than the topliners.
Question is WHO rates him?

Gareth67

First Grade
DAN NICHOLS - WHAT IF WEDNESDAY - ZERO TACKLE

https://www.nospam21.com/what-if-wednesday-what-nrl-2020-wasnt-delayed-due-to-covid-19-54800/

Again, as with previous What if Wednesday articles, this is purely speculation. We’ve picked winners from each game across each round however haven’t given exact scores or taken mass injuries, suspensions etc into account.

It’s purely speculation and for fun. Please let me know below how you believe your side would have gone if the game was not forced into delay.

We’re assuming all games were played behind closed doors and that the off-field circumstances of the past few weeks didn’t occur.

ROUND 3

– The Roosters secure their first win of the season defeating the Bunnies
– The Sharks are also on the board with a win over the Ponga-less Knights
– Canberra remain undefeated
– The Eels drop their first game to the well rested Cowboys

ROUND 4

– The Bunnies rebound and beat the Storm, ending their unbeaten start to the season
– The Warriors shock the Tigers
– The Raiders beat Manly in the game of the round
– The Titans and Dogs remain winless

ROUND 5

– The Tigers rebound and beat the Eels in a heated matchup
– The Dragons beat the Warriors
– The Broncos and Cowboys play the game of the season with the Broncs pipping them late on
– Canberra lose their first game of the year to Penrith
– The Roosters go three straight, beating the Sharks

ROUND 6

– The Cowboys beat the Storm
– Brisbane continue their great start with a win over Cronulla
– The Tigers beat another rival in the Panthers
– Manly put the Titans to the sword

ROUND 7

– The Tigers good run ends as the Titans record their first win
– The Dogs beat the travel weary Cowboys and join the Titans with their first win
– Manly continue their amazing run against the Sharks, beating them again
– Newcastle and Penrith play out a draw with Newcastle winning in golden point
– The Roosters win their fifth straight

ROUND 8

– The Sharks beat the Tigers in a dour affair
– The Raiders win their seventh game out of eight
– The Eels beat the Warriors
– Manly beat Brisbane in a cracker
– The Roosters drop their first game in six to the Cowboys

VERDICT

Based on calculated results (with minimal points +/- taken into account) the below is how I saw the season progressing. This is where we would be today.

LADDER

1.Raiders: 14
2. Eels: 12
3. Storm: 12
4. Broncos: 10
5. Roosters: 10
6. Tigers: 10
7. Manly: 12
8. Bunnies: 10
9. Panthers: 10
10. Knights: 8
11. Cowboys: 8
12. Sharks: 6
13. Dragons: 2
14. Dogs: 2
15. Warriors: 2
16. Titans: 2

Would he still have a job if this was real?

I like , at least we have 2 competition points and are moving up the ladder . :rolling_eyes:

Well challenging for The Spoon is hardly an indication of The Board’s having acted “in the best interests of the Club”

.... and “diligence” & “commercial reasonableness”
has hardly been served in the destructive retention of Andrew’s Waterboy?

If the rank and file can’t organise a spill, I thought I’d try to find some possible legal options for the lads to consider.

All the people they’ve trashed over the years suggests they weren’t too diligent when they first hired them.

Say salary cap and football logistics ( airfares, support staff etc) that’s hundreds of millions of dollars pissed up against the wall over the last 7 years except perhaps 2018. Although the final against Souths ended miserably. And boofhead has lived on that sorry 5 minutes since. That game was done and dusted.

That was the genuine snatch of defeat from the jaws of victory, because McDiligence could not properly manage the players on the field.

The historic last pass, the stuff of “great mystery’s of the world” like the lost city of Atlantis. Thanks Mary.

9BF2B8C3-BFA2-48B7-A4D1-D698B749B183.jpeg
Poorly positioned by this time, two second rate defenders easily snuff out four attackers. Player with ball soon surrenders.

4647CB79-872F-4CBB-99F4-32FE752AFDE2.jpeg
Forgot to coach players as to how to take advantage of superior numbers. Draws upon his ineptitude for the next two years to sing his own praises.

A brighter memory:

Friz was at the peak of his powers. Strips the ball, gets the penalty and taunts Walker without mercy almost leading to a brawl. It was awesome.

A bit of spirit and personality, he’s going to be sorely missed.

He just won’t be the same player at the knights. It’s hard to think about.

He’s wasted his best club years under Mary. He should just hold out a little bit longer.

Last edited:

qld redvee

Juniors
cant believe the article from SMH and supercoach that has been posted in the articles page.
supercoach states that with the season restarting "you really need to simplify so there will be tweaks in our system " - how do you simplify any further supercoaches game plan and tactics ???

the poor start and now shortened season meant he would approach the restart with a clean slate ... WHAT does this gobbley gook mean coachy ....
He may look at now wacking Lomax into the centres ?? even though he trained all off seson at fullback
for 1 game only to get pushed to wing - why the sudden change in plans ---- IS SOMEONE ELSE HAVING MORE SAY IN THE TEAM ??

supercoach says ' its a nice headache to have with quality players available in the fullback and centre position " --- Only quality player i can see in the roster would be Lomax ..

AND the clincher which someone higher than supercoach needs to fix - DE Bellin is still on our top 30 roster !!!!!!!!! supercoach is hoping court case in June ...... Obviously he believes JDB will then be eligible to grab the number 13 jersey and save the season ... There is not even any surety that the case will be heard at that date it could be postponed again .. So we get NO cap relief and are prepared to play with an actual 29 man squad barring injuries .... Surely Mr Webb needs to step in . allow JDB to train be part of the 'team" for mental health but not to ask for salary cap relief THAT WILL DO ME

The excuses for failure are formulating - No JDB.// a simplified game plan couldnt be achieved in such a short season, // the quality fullback and centre not being of high quality

heaven help us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just sack this imposter

cant believe the article from SMH and supercoach that has been posted in the articles page.
supercoach states that with the season restarting "you really need to simplify so there will be tweaks in our system " - how do you simplify any further supercoaches game plan and tactics ???

the poor start and now shortened season meant he would approach the restart with a clean slate ... WHAT does this gobbley gook mean coachy ....
He may look at now wacking Lomax into the centres ?? even though he trained all off seson at fullback
for 1 game only to get pushed to wing - why the sudden change in plans ---- IS SOMEONE ELSE HAVING MORE SAY IN THE TEAM ??

supercoach says ' its a nice headache to have with quality players available in the fullback and centre position " --- Only quality player i can see in the roster would be Lomax ..

AND the clincher which someone higher than supercoach needs to fix - DE Bellin is still on our top 30 roster !!!!!!!!! supercoach is hoping court case in June ...... Obviously he believes JDB will then be eligible to grab the number 13 jersey and save the season ... There is not even any surety that the case will be heard at that date it could be postponed again .. So we get NO cap relief and are prepared to play with an actual 29 man squad barring injuries .... Surely Mr Webb needs to step in . allow JDB to train be part of the 'team" for mental health but not to ask for salary cap relief THAT WILL DO ME

The excuses for failure are formulating - No JDB.// a simplified game plan couldnt be achieved in such a short season, // the quality fullback and centre not being of high quality

heaven help us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just sack this imposter
Well said!
How a whole football club can be hanging on the edge of their seat waiting for DeBelin to return from legal obscurity, is beyond me.
Any decent coach would have already deployed contingencies and had the playing group totally focused on playing the best football they can.
Instead they are all hanging around waiting for the JDB court outcome.
Unless the man has a big red "S" tattooed on his chest, his possible return should not even be on McGregor's radar.
Training with the group in anticipation may be a saving grace for De Belin and his mental health, but it does nothing for the rest of the Team other than distract them.
The DeBelin saga has been a convenient excuse for results that are in fact indefensible.

Well said!
How a whole football club can be hanging on the edge of their seat waiting for DeBelin to return from legal obscurity, is beyond me.
Any decent coach would have already deployed contingencies and had the playing group totally focused on playing the best football they can.
Instead they are all hanging around waiting for the JDB court outcome.
Unless the man has a big red "S" tattooed on his chest, his possible return should not even be on McGregor's radar.
Training with the group in anticipation may be a saving grace for De Belin and his mental health, but it does nothing for the rest of the Team other than distract them.
The DeBelin saga has been a convenient excuse for results that are in fact indefensible.

If I may: “ legal obscurity” in this context, the most apt description ever expressed in this thread of light. Beautiful!

There’s perhaps an argument that posits that keeping away from Mary and his dysfunctional carriage of coaching duties is better for any player’s mental health.

And in generous mood, Marys exorcism as coach, could well cure him and the bod from delusions so great, they are entirely unknown to modern psychiatry.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I had a mate who seen McGregor on the news again making foolish comments he said. My friend asked is this guy seriously your coach he’s banging on about JDB again. Asked me isn’t he fit a trial in October cause the season will be over for you guys by then. I said the season was over last year when they announced this brain dead person as our coach for another 2 years. He actually said I feel for you guys I use to love going to watch dragons with you cause of those supporters.

Latest posts