What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Xcalibre

Juniors
Does anyone truly believe Skid's (credit to @no name) claim that Stan is the future of Channel 9?

It's the A-league of streaming services.

Channel 9 people have an amazing knack of self-aggrandizing. Most of them are blithering wankers. The trash on that channel is infinite and Stan? ...Never heard of the f**ker.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not sure of the connection with these players, but I can tell you that Leviticus is from the Old Testament and the edicts contained therein applied to the Children of Israel, ie Jews, but with the formation of the Christian church in the early centuries AD and the making of the New Covenant of Jesus (in the book of Acts), most edicts found in the old testament do not apply to modern Christians. Tattoos would be included in this provided they are not "graven images" ie images of false objects of worship.

Leviticus is bat sht crazy, even for religion. they should have stuck with it for giggles lol.

Some of my favourites:
No eating shellfish
No mixing fabric materials
No letting your hair get messy
No eating fruit from a tree less than 4 years old
No Sleeping with another man’s slave (“Due punishment,” but not death, just a ram for sacrifice.)
No making your dtr prostitute herself (ok thats probably a good one!)

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Wrong decision.

I'm sick of society pandering to absolute MORONS.

f**k your supposed freedoms you anti-science, anti-intellectual, anti-vaxxer braindead troglodytes.

This is a public health issue and it puts other players at risk.

So once more,
no jab, no play, no pay.

Don't like it? Go shovel dirt for a living for $22 per hour.

Reading between the lines there may not have been a comp if they implemented it because the players via the RLPA backed the 4 players concerned. I think it's probable a lot more than 4 are of the same viewpoint.

I tend to agree with you in that I see no good reason for them not to get it given the precarious nature of the competition and the similarity in symptoms. I find religion a ridiculous reason to not get and it is quite selfish not to in the current environment.

This is more commentary on society in general, i just don't think we should be going to a place where adults are forced to get something via exclusion. Keep in mind players play week in week out with the flu and have shots to get through it and no one bats an eye lid.

If the government has data suggesting that mandatory flu vaccination would benefit public health then by all means, legislate it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wrong decision.

I'm sick of society pandering to absolute MORONS.

f**k your supposed freedoms you anti-science, anti-intellectual, anti-vaxxer braindead troglodytes.

This is a public health issue and it puts other players at risk.

So once more,
no jab, no play, no pay.

Don't like it? Go shovel dirt for a living for $22 per hour.

How does it put others at risk if they have all had the flu jab?

typicalfan

Coach
Its just if they get flu symptoms they will have to sit out and obviously get tested for COVID-19. Plus there may be players that can't have the shot.

Xcalibre

Juniors
I’ve always understood that due to an interpretation of a bible passage JWs are anti blood transfusion. That includes tetanus shots for some reason related to the way it is made.

Not sure how that relates to vaccines. But there are certainly some teachings in JW that preclude various medical procedures.

Afaik JWs don’t believe in any medical interventions. They believe it’s up to God. That may not be true or only true for devout JWs. I’m not sure.

Edit: From a brief google, it’s mainly blood transfusions they refuse, some even refuse transfusing their own blood and some accept plasma. This would prevent some receiving surgery which is probably what I was thinking. The only other thing I found to do with the topic, was the refusal to take mind-altering drugs e.g: narcotics.

Last edited:
When NRL is playing while every other sport sits in envy I think people will be searching for a different word to describe the people that run the game.

Yeh fair point but if it’s not the media influencing decision-making, it’s the clubs or the players or players’ wives...

Last edited:

seanoff

Juniors
Afaik JWs don’t believe in any medical interventions. They believe it’s up to God. That may not be true or only true for devout JWs. I’m not sure.

Edit: From a brief google, it’s mainly blood transfusions they refuse, some even refuse transfusing their own blood and some accept plasma. This would prevent some receiving surgery which is probably what I was thinking. The only other thing I found to do with the topic, was the refusal to take mind-altering drugs e.g: narcotics.
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovahs-witnesses-medical-treatment/

Yes, Jehovah’s Witnesses accept medicine and medical treatment. While we try to take care of our bodies and maintain good health, we sometimes “need a doctor.” (Luke 5:31, Easy-to-Read Version) In fact, as was the first-century Christian Luke, some of Jehovah’s Witnesses are physicians.—Colossians 4:14.

Some treatments conflict with Bible principles, though, and we reject these. For example, we don’t accept blood transfusions because the Bible forbids taking in blood to sustain the body. (Acts 15:20) Likewise, the Bible prohibits health treatments or procedures that include occult practices.—Galatians 5:19-21.

However, the vast majority of medical treatments do not conflict with Bible principles. Therefore, personal choice is involved. One Witness might decide to accept a particular medicine or treatment, while another Witness might reject that same treatment.—Galatians 6:5.

there is nothing but anti science bullshit going on. They should either take the vaccine or not play. You can’t be endangering others because you’re a moron.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I think no job on play. For the religious players, they certainly play on the sabbath don't they. so they can't be that strict.
For anti vaxers I think the clubs should rejoice at the opportunity to get rid of an idiot. Imagine the Titans they had a free ticket to get rid of cartwright and blew it

shear_joy9

Coach
And another thing that shits me to tears is seeing all these players saying it’s your right to choose or refuse a vaccine, like it only affects the individual. Ah no, it affects the whole of society you selfish morons.

yep. They don't understand that the reason their kids don't catch diseases like measles is because everyone else is vaccinated from it

Chimp

Juniors
It should be no jab, no play...

Nobody would be forcing anyone to have the vaccine, they are giving them a choice;

- Have the jab, and earn a living playing NRL

- Don’t have the jab, earn a living elsewhere

Bryce is probably scared of the needle.

Valheru

Coach
And another thing that shits me to tears is seeing all these players saying it’s your right to choose or refuse a vaccine, like it only affects the individual. Ah no, it affects the whole of society you selfish morons.

Then legislate it.